Man allegedly attacks Singapore singer Dawn Ho - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Leisure & Entertainment > Music Zone » Man allegedly attacks Singapore singer Dawn Ho

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2014, 08:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of

Liked 349 Times in 307 Posts
Man allegedly attacks Singapore singer Dawn Ho

Man allegedly attacks Singapore singer Dawn Ho

A photo of the man, Aaron Jeremiejczyk, who allegedly assaulted Singapore singer Dawn Ho, taken off his Facebook account (Photo: Facebook / Dawn Ho)

by inSing Editor
inSing.com - 11 March 2014 4:55 PM | Updated 5:51 PM

Singapore singer Dawn Ho was reportedly punched in the face by a man on Sentosa Island, and ended up with a bleeding nose and a swollen face.

Police confirmed to inSing that a report has been made, saying that they received a call at around 9.20pm on Sunday 9 March.

The incident happened at Sentosa Beach Station, but no one was arrested.

Ho was sent conscious to hospital for her injuries.

Police are investigating and classifying the case as voluntarily causing hurt.

Ho, who is in her 30s and also a Singapore Airlines flight attendant, took to Facebook on Monday 10 March to give her account of the incident.

The man, Aaron Jeremiejczyk, allegedly shouted vulgarities at her and assaulted her.

Ho said she was waiting for her band members at a taxi stand in Sentosa Island when she witnessed an obnoxious guy and his friends squabbling over the fees of a limousine taxi. She claimed that they were verbally abusing the driver and the limo service personnel.

Ho then went up to Jeremiejczyk to tell him off and he then chased her and yelled vulgarities at her, while his female friend who had a beer bottle in her hand also tried to have a go at Ho.

One of Hos friends tried to pull back the woman but was reportedly hit on the nose by the beer bottle. During this scuffle, Jeremiejczyk allegedly walked up to the car that Ho was in and punched her, leaving her with a bleeding nose.

He then asked Ho why she punched herself, and Ho claimed that he went on to insult her with a string of offensive words.

Ho then called the police and later had an X-ray at the hospital.

No one else has commented on the incident.

Source: http://news.insing.com/feature/man-a...ho/id-723c3101

Sponsors:
"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth". - 1 John 3:18
Add to *StarDust*'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2014, 09:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator
maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Liked 397 Times in 313 Posts

He works for Red Bull and has apparently been suspended from work. He deserves it and I hope the authorities press charges to send a strong signal that such behaviour is not tolerated here.

Old 12th March 2014, 09:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of

Re: Man allegedly attacks Singapore singer Dawn Ho

I believe she did right by standing up against a bully.

"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth". - 1 John 3:18
*StarDust* is offline   Add to *StarDust*'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2014, 11:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator
maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Dawn Ho is a local bossa nova and jazz singer.

Dawn wrote about the incident on her facebook page, and explains how she was waiting for her band mates at a taxi stand on Sentosa, when she witnessed a Caucasian man and his two friends hijack a limousine cab. They also shouted at the cab driver and limousine service staff.

The man complained about the $43 limousine fare and verbally abused the limousine staff.

Dawn wrote:

"So as I was leaving to jump into a friend's car, I told him what he's doing is not cool and he didn't have the right to talk to people like that. Angry guy started verbally abusing me with vulgarities and chasing after me as I made my way to the car."

The man's female friend tried to get violent with Dawn using a beer bottle, which landed on the nose of Dawn's friend as he was trying to restrain the woman.

Dawn's other band mate and another friend also tried to restrain the woman. While they were doing so, the man went up to Dawn and punched her in the face, leaving her with a bloody nose.

The man then said, "Why did you punch yourself?", and uttered a string of expletives at Dawn.

Dawn called the police and was sent to the hospital in an ambulance. She said the bleeding from her nose only stopped the following morning, and half her face was tender and swollen.

She added on her facebook post:

"So boys and girls, he's still out there. And to get some justice done, I have since filed a police report hoping the police will take action against him, or I'll have to engage a lawyer to file a civil suit against him which will take time."

The man, who was identified by his employer as Mr. Aaron Jeremiejczyk, has been suspended. He is an executive with the Marketing Department.

The man's employer, Tadcaster Hospitality, which owns The Exchange Asia Square, issued a statement on its facebook page after they were alerted to Dawn Ho's facebook post.

This is the statement in full:

"The management of Tadcaster Hospitality, owners of The Exchange Asia Square was made aware of a Facebook post by Ms. Dawn Ho, where Ms. Ho alleged the use of physical and verbal abuse by one of our employees, Mr. Aaron Jeremiejczyk against Ms. Ho.

"In light of our initial internal investigations into these allegations we have suspended Mr. Jeremiejczyk with immediate effect pending a full internal investigation and the subsequent outcome of the Singapore Police Force’s investigations into this matter.

"We wish to highlight that the alleged incident occurred when Mr. Jeremiejczyk was on Sentosa during his day off from work. Any alleged actions taken by Mr. Jeremiejczyk were in a purely personal capacity.

"Tadcaster Hospitality deplores and denounces violence of any nature, be it verbal or physical abuse being used in any situation.

"We call for calm from the community at large to allow the Singapore Police Force the opportunity to complete their investigations into this matter, and subsequent due process to be taken, should it be so required.

"The management of Tadcaster Hospitality sends its sincerest heart-felt concerns to Ms. Ho and wishes her a speedy recovery from her physical and mental hurt."

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/si...e-stood-up-for

Old 12th March 2014, 12:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Man accused of punching Singapore jazz singer Dawn Ho resigns from company

Man accused of punching Singapore jazz singer Dawn Ho resigns from company

Local jazz singer Dawn Ho (centre) at the Mosaic Music Festival with her guitarist Munir Alsagoff (left) and percussionist Riduan Zalani (right), a former Yahoo Singapore 9 nominee. (Photo from Dawn Ho's Facebook page)

By Jeanette Tan | Singapore Showbiz

[UPDATE on Tuesday, 11 March at 6:20pm: Adding detail about alleged attacker resigning from company]

A man who has been named by local jazz singer Dawn Ho for allegedly punching her at Sentosa on Sunday night has resigned from his company, said his former employer.

In a statement posted as a comment on its Facebook page, Tadcaster Hospitality, the parent company of restaurant and bar The Exchange, announced that one of its marketing executives, Aaron Jeremiejczk, had resigned within the day, after news had emerged of his alleged attack on her.

An initial statement from the company showed that Tadcaster was opening an investigation into the incident and putting him on suspension pending its outcome, as well as that of the police. Hours later, however, it posted the announcement in a follow-up comment on the same post.

On Monday night, Ho wrote an account of the alleged attack on her Facebook page, saying she came away from it with a swollen face and a bleeding nose. In her status, accompanied by a photo of Jeremiejczk, she said she and her friend were attacked by a man and a woman while he and her other bandmate were picking her up from a taxi stand.

She said she witnessed the man and his two friends -- one female, one male -- approaching a limousine taxi and speaking to the driver and the limousine staff rudely.

"(They shouted) in the most demeaning way to the cab driver and limo service personnel, complaining about the $43 per trip fee of the limo and telling the limo service staff, 'you are MY b***h!' repeatedly," she wrote.

Ho said she then went up to the trio to inform them that she felt they should not be speaking to the driver in that manner, but was met with vulgarity and verbal abuse from one of the two men, who started chasing Ho as she moved toward her bandmates' car.

The man's female friend also stepped out of the limousine, brandishing a beer bottle, and "tried to get violent" with Ho, she wrote, adding that the beer bottle landed on Ho's guitarist and friend Munir Alsagoff, who had gotten out of his car to restrain the woman.

"While my friends were trying to restrain her, (the man who was shouting abuse at Ho) came up to the car, which I was already in, and punched me in my face and gave me a bloody nose," she wrote. "Which his response to was, 'Why did you punch yourself?'... when he saw that he had made me bleed he showed no remorse. Even when I announced I was gonna call 999 right away."

Ho said she spoke to the police, got into an ambulance and took X-rays at a hospital, adding that the bleeding from her nose only stopped late Monday morning -- the next day. She also said she has since filed a police report against him, hoping the police will either take action against him or she would file a civil suit against him for voluntarily causing hurt.

The image of a man who listed his name on Facebook as Aaron Jeremiejczyk, who allegedly attacked local jazz singer Dawn Ho. (Screengrab from Facebook)

She also revealed the name of her attacker, who was listed on Facebook as Aaron Jeremiejczyk. After going public with details about the attack and his picture, the latter took his Facebook profile down, although he is understood to have worked with drink brand Red Bull previously.

Ho's Facebook post is also travelling quickly, clocking in more than 450 shares by Tuesday afternoon since she posted it on Monday night.

On Tuesday, users tracked down Jeremiejczk's employer, restaurant and bar The Exchange, where he works as a marketing executive, and informed its management of what he allegedly did.

"We wish to highlight that the alleged incident occurred when Mr Jeremiejczk was (in) Sentosa during his day off from work," the statement said. "Any alleged actions taken by Mr Jeremiejczk were in a purely personal capacity."

The investigation the company initially opened up into his conduct has since been closed, they subsequently said.

"The management of Tadcaster Hospitality (the parent company of The Exchange) sends its sincerest heartfelt concerns to Ms Ho and wishes her a speedy recovery from her physical and mental hurt," it added in its initial response.

Yahoo Singapore has reached out to Ho for more information.

Source: http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/bl...050322779.html

Old 12th March 2014, 11:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
gwynified is on a distinguished road

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Who is Dawn Ho? I only know Sun Ho....

Old 13th March 2014, 06:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
ms.siqi is a jewel in the roughms.siqi is a jewel in the rough

Liked 153 Times in 144 Posts

Don't let him get away with his action.
Posted via Mobile Device

ms.siqi is offline   Add to ms.siqi's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2014, 09:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Originally Posted by ms.siqi View Post
Don't let him get away with his action.
Posted via Mobile Device
I believe he can't run away.

Old 13th March 2014, 09:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Administrator

ONLY COWARDS AND WEAKLINGS BULLY AND BEAT UP THOSE WEAKER THAN THEMSELVES. I seriously hope the police will take up this case and charge this guy as a serious warning to all out there that such violence is not tolerated here.

Old 13th March 2014, 09:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
kenjo is on a distinguished road

Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts

Wondering if he is going to Perth

But seriously punching a girl is totally lame...

kenjo is offline   Add to kenjo's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2014, 02:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Aussie expat who bloodied singer Dawn Ho's nose is under police investigation

Aussie expat who bloodied singer Dawn Ho's nose is under police investigation

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 12:51
Lollipop

The Australian expatriate who who allegedly punched jazz singer Dawn Ho in the face during an altercation on Sentosa on Sunday (March 9) has resigned from his job, but his troubles are not over as the matter has been handed over to the police for investigations.

Mr Aaron Jeremiejczyk, who started work as a director of marketing at Tadcaster Hospitality about three months ago, is being investigated over the alleged attack that occurred at a taxi stand.

Ms Ho, who wrote about the incident on social media, said she took issue with Mr Jeremiejczyk after she saw him being "demeaning" and vulgar to a cabby, even banging the car hood in an "alcohol-induced rage" over the fare, reports The Straits Times.

"As I walked past him, I said, 'Hey man, what you're doing is not cool and you have no right to talk to people like that'," she recalled.

"I then walked off, and he diverted his rage towards me, calling me names, hurling abuse with vulgarities and following me continuously to my friend's car."

Ms Ho, 34, said she traded vulgarities with Mr Jeremiejczyk, who is believed to be 37, and the spat culminated in him reaching into her friend's car through an open window and allegedly punching her in the nose as she sat in the back seat.

"As soon as I felt the blood gushing out of my nose I said, 'Don't go anywhere, I'm calling the police'," said Ms Ho.

"He just replied, 'Why did you punch yourself?', with a smirk on his face."

According to a report in The New Paper, Sentosa Leisure Management's director of island operations Koh Piak Huat said frontline staff noticed the incident at about 9.20pm.

They alerted island security, who got to the scene within five minutes. He added that the matter has been handed over to the police for investigations.

Police confirmed the incident and said it has been classified as a case of voluntarily causing hurt. Investigations are ongoing.

Tadcaster Hospitality, which owns The Exchange, an Australian-themed bar and eatery in Asia Square, has suspended him after being made aware of a Facebook post by Ms Dawn Ho on the incident.

He tendered his resignation later that day, said managing director Tony Coughlan, noting that Mr Jeremiejczyk had been an employee for about three months and had no history of misbehaviour.

Source: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapo...-investigation

Old 14th March 2014, 09:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
Administrator

was he drunk?

Old 14th March 2014, 05:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Driver too scared to move

Driver too scared to move

Friday, March 14, 2014 - 06:30
Elizabeth Law
Shaffiq Alkatib
Jennifer Dhanaraj
Chai Hung Yin
The New Paper

SINGAPORE - The stocky, medium-built cabby watched helplessly as Mr Aaron Jeremiejczyk swung a punch at Miss Dawn Ho.

Mr Justin Tan, 55, a limo driver with SMRT, told The New Paper last night: "I felt so guilty and sad that she got hurt because of me.

"I was scared so I couldn't be of much help. I did not want to get hurt. So all I could do was call the police."

Mr Tan said the trouble began when Mr Jeremiejczyk and two of his friends could not get a taxi.

They then approached the staff manning the limousine stand to hire a limo taxi.

The staff member and Mr Jeremiejczyk had agreed on a fare of $43 to get to Orchard Boulevard. However, when they got into his taxi, they began to bargain, Mr Tan alleged.

"They wanted to pay just $20 for the ride. How could they do that? They already agreed on the fare," he said.

Mr Tan said he then told them politely to alight and flag another taxi instead.

But Mr Jeremiejczyk refused and allegedly started hurling vulgarities at him. When he got out, Mr Jeremiejczyk, too, got out and according to the cabby, started kicking his vehicle.

STOP SHOUTING

That was when Miss Ho appeared and told Mr Jeremiejczyk to stop shouting at Mr Tan.

"I'm extremely grateful for her help. She was the only one who helped me when I was in need," said Mr Tan, adding that there were several people, including other limo drivers, around.

Mr Ricky Milleza, 43, who coordinates the limousine service at Sentosa's Beach station, said it is not uncommon to get rude responses from customers who enquire about the service.

The $43 flat rate, which takes passengers to any destination in Singapore, is not negotiable. There is an additional $10 for each additional stop and a $12 midnight charge.

The large limo taxis can take up to seven people.

He said: "About three in 10 customers would be rude and some even spew vulgarities. Sometimes it can be dangerous when you get drunk customers, especially late at night."

But there is nothing much he can do about it.

He said: "I have to bear with it because this is my job. So we have to keep our cool when dealing with them."

Mr Milleza was not on duty on Sunday night when the fracas happened.

Source: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapo...oo-scared-move