Man arrested in connection with Ang Mo Kio murder - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > International & Singapore News » Man arrested in connection with Ang Mo Kio murder

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th July 2008, 08:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Casper26 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Man arrested in connection with Ang Mo Kio murder

SINGAPORE: A man has been arrested in connection with the brutal murder of an 18-year-old Indian girl at Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5.

Police investigations showed that the 22-year-old suspect had left Singapore even before the case was reported.

All checkpoints were alerted and he was nabbed upon his return to Singapore via the Causeway at about 6pm on Tuesday.

A man claiming to be the dead girl's uncle said the victim's name was Jimtha and she was about 18 years old.

Police arrived to find the victim's body in a pool of blood after receiving a call at about 7am. The victim was found next to a utility substation clothed in red shorts and a black sleeveless top, with neck and upper body injuries.

"There was blood in her mouth and her head was (tilted) backwards. And there was blood around the wall," said Shoba, a resident of the block.

It was noon when three women and a man, believed to be the girl's relatives, arrived at the crime scene. They were later taken to a police station for interviews with detectives.

Residents were shocked to learn about the crime at their doorsteps.

One neighbour said the victim was often seen hanging around in the area with her boyfriend late at night.

"Yesterday, I saw the girl with a young guy and a lady sitting at Block 155, the study corner. They were just chatting," said G Mani.

The girl is believed to have lived with her family at Block 157. Family members of the victim were not available for comment.

Police are investigating and have urged witnesses to come forward.

-CNA/os

Source: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...359052/1/.html

Add to Casper26's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 09:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
confusedain is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Man arrested in connection with Ang Mo Kio murder

OMG so young.... wonders what provoked him to do such a terrible crime

confusedain is offline   Add to confusedain's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 09:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Deckbox is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

see too much mystery show hehe . Or want to try something interested stunt/move

Old 9th July 2008, 09:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
cnet is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wonder wat happen ...

cnet is offline   Add to cnet's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 01:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
stvlai83 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

poor girl, js wonder what happen to link to her murder.

Friends For Ever
stvlai83 is offline   Add to stvlai83's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 05:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Kuroii is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

what so serious that lead to murder?
is killing the only solution these days?? zzzzz

Dodge your way out of troubles!
Kuroii is offline   Add to Kuroii's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 05:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
JessicaSilkwood is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

omg killing aint the solution, sigh

Old 9th July 2008, 05:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
free_gul88 is on a distinguished roadfree_gul88 is on a distinguished road

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Sad case.So young and being killed.

free_gul88 is offline   Add to free_gul88's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 06:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of

Liked 312 Times in 271 Posts

Jogger claims to have information, then...
July 10, 2008

WHEN two joggers were approached by the police investigating the murder of an Indian teenager in Ang Mo Kio yesterday morning, one of them claimed to have information about the case.

The scene at a park near Block 154, Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5, yesterday morning, when two joggers were arrested for disorderly conduct. -- Pictures: SHIN MIN DAILY NEWS

But he refused to reveal what the information was.

Then, both joggers became rowdy and wanted to leave.

PUSHED AND FLED
When the police advised them to calm down and co-operate, one of them suddenly pushed an officer and they tried to flee, reported Shin Min Daily News.

This sparked a 200m chase and a scuffle before the two men were arrested.

The police said in a statement that plainclothes officers were making enquiries about the case at Block 154, Avenue 5, at 8.30am.

They approached two Chinese men, one in his late 40s and the other in his late 20s, who were jogging at a nearby park.

They are understood to be father and son.

Witnesses said that after the police approached them, father and son grew more and more agitated as the conversation continued.

When they started running away, three plainclothes officers gave chase and yelled for reinforcements.

The joggers ran for about 200m before being subdued by about 10 policemen at a nearby grassy slope.

During the struggle, father and son sustained several scratches on their faces.

Passers-by told Shin Min that the son, whose white T-shirt was muddied during the scuffle, shouted: 'Let go of my father!'

They also heard the older man yelling: 'I did not do anything wrong, we are not from here! I'm in Singapore to do business, you are violating human rights!'

Witnesses said they spoke in a mixture of Malay and English and that their accents did not sound Singaporean.

The police handcuffed the pair, but they continued to struggle as they were led away for questioning.

The police said the men were arrested for disorderly behaviour and are likely to be charged today.

Source: http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/st...70321,00.html?

*StarDust* is offline   Add to *StarDust*'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 07:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
Account Suspended
goblin is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They also heard the older man yelling: 'I did not do anything wrong, we are not from here! I'm in Singapore to do business, you are violating human rights!'
Witnesses said they spoke in a mixture of Malay and English and that their accents did not sound Singaporean.

Sounds like Indonesian to me. anyway, why they so afraid..? cant they contribute nicely and give information about what they know to help the poor girl..

Last edited by goblin; 10th July 2008 at 07:22 AM.
goblin is offline   Add to goblin's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 08:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Casper26 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Teen murdered in Ang Mo Kio
During girl's last night alive, mum said to boyfriend:

MARRY MY DAUGHTER?
WAIT
Why don't you work for some time first
WAIT
Why not let my girl finish her studies first? Teen murdered in Ang Mo Kio During girl's last night alive, mum said to boyfriend:

THE young man wanted to marry her 18-year-old daughter.

A police officer looking on as her colleagues search for clues at the body of the dead teen. -- TNP Pictures: KUA CHEE SIONG

But her mother felt she was too young.

She suggested that he let her finish her studies while he continued working.

He seemed amenable to that and the mum left after asking him to take her home later.

Hours later, her daughter, Jeevitha, was dead.

Her body was found yesterday morning beside a PUB substation at Block 154, Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5, a short distance from her home.

Police spokesman Ng Siew Hua said yesterday that they responded to a call at 7.10am. A young woman, who wore a black sleeveless top and a pair of red shorts, was lying in a pool of blood.

Ms Ng said she had neck and upper body injuries and was pronounced dead at 7.25am.

Jeevitha's aunt, Madam Meena, 43, said she last spoke to the girl a few days ago.

'Her parents are shocked at what has happened and are in no mood to talk now,' she told The New Paper.

She said she was close to Jeevitha's mother, Madam Alice, who's her sister-in-law.

'Madam Alice is divorced from Jeevitha's father. The girl lived with her father, who did not remarry, at his second-storey unit at Block 157.'

She said Madam Alice remarried and lives with her husband at a rented unit nearby.

'DATED FOR A YEAR'

Madam Alice called her at about 9am yesterday and asked if she had seen her daughter, she said.

'When I said I had not, she wanted to meet me.'

When they met at the hawker centre below Madam Meena's unit at Block 641, Madam Alice told her Jeevitha's boyfriend had asked for her hand in marriage the night before.

'She said Jeevitha had called her and said he wanted to talk to her. She met them at the void deck of Block 155 at about 8pm.'

When he asked to marry Jeevitha, Madam Alice told him to work for a while longer and let Jeevitha finish her studies.

Madam Meena said: 'He accepted Alice's suggestion. Before she left, Alice told him to take Jeevitha home after they had finished chatting.'

Madam Meena said Jeevitha, a private school student, had met her 22-year-old boyfriend while clubbing and they had dated for about a year.

She did not know his real name, but said he was nicknamed 'Marsiling Baby' as he worked in the Marsiling area.

Madam Meena said: 'Jeevitha often spent the night chatting with her boyfriend or other friends at the void deck of Block 641 or the blocks near her home.'

Her husband, who wanted to be known only as Mr Sagar, said: 'I often saw her with her friends at the hawker centre below my block as late as 11pm.

'I would ask her why she was there so late and tell her to go home.

Madam Meena with a weeping woman believed to be Madam Alice.
'We were close, and she would say 'Yes, Appa (Tamil for father)' before returning home.'

Madam Meena said: 'Alice knew about her daughter's boyfriend, whom she called Baby. But she told me she did not like his attitude of not liking to see her with other men.'

Madam Meena said Jeevitha told her that Baby was often jealous if he saw her with other male friends.

While they were chatting, Madam Alice received an SMS from her ex-husband at about 11am.

She showed Madam Meena the SMS, which said that her daughter had died and she should go to Block 154 immediately.

Madam Meena and a neighbour accompanied Madam Alice, who's in her 40s, to the scene.

She said: 'On the way there, Alice nearly fainted from the shock and my neighbour and I had to hold her up while we walked to the block.'

Around noon yesterday, a weeping woman wearing a black top and blue jeans, believed to be Madam Alice, arrived at Block 154, accompanied by two women, one of whom was Madam Meena.

A man in a blue polo shirt and dark pants, believed to be the victim's father, was also at the block.

Madam Alice started sobbing and asked to see her daughter's body but police officers told her they were investigating the crime scene.

The police have classified Jeevitha's case as murder. No weapon has yet been found.

They said they arrested a 22-year-old suspect at 6.15pm yesterday.

According to a statement, the man had left Singapore before the case was reported and all checkpoints were alerted.

He was arrested when he returned to Singapore via Woodlands Checkpoint yesterday.

Technician G Manivannan, 24, said he was returning home at about 8pm on Monday when he saw a woman, believed to be Madam Alice, talking to a man and a young woman at the void deck of Block 155.

He said the young woman, who looked to be in her late teens, was wearing a black sleeveless top and red shorts while the man seemed to be in his 20s.

He said: 'I had seen them holding hands several times previously. They often spent the night chatting at the void deck, but gave no trouble.'

Ang Mo Kio GRC MP Inderjit Singh went to see Jeevitha's family last night but no one was home.

He said he would work closely with the town council to cut the trees surrounding the substation, which make the area secluded.

He said: 'The trees that surround the power station are very tall and if the trees had been shorter, someone might have seen what happened as the blocks are right beside the power station.

'While it is nice to have the trees, but safety comes before anything else.'

Source: http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/st...70318,00.html?

Casper26 is offline   Add to Casper26's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 09:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
xRebornZ is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

poor girl died so young.. R.I.P

Hmm..
xRebornZ is offline   Add to xRebornZ's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 07:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
-ルキ- is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ang Mo Kio Murder — Victim had filed police report earlier

SINGAPORE: Two months before she was murdered, Ms Jeevitha Panittan had lodged a police report that she was the victim of a sexual assault, which also left her face badly bruised.

The alleged attacker, her friends told Today, is now the suspect arrested in connection with the 18—year—old’s murder.

They also claimed that Ms Jeevitha was abused verbally “many times” by her boyfriend, Mr Pathib Selvam. Friends who knew the couple had described Mr Pathib as “aggressive” and a “possessive” boyfriend, who often got jealous of Ms Jeevitha talking to other males.

Ms Jeevitha’s god—brother, Mr Karthigesan Yanamani, alleged that on at least five occasions, Mr Pathib had threatened her when she tried to end the relationship. “We thought these were only verbal threats,” Mr Karthigesan said.

Ms Jeevitha’s body was found outside a substation at Block 154, Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 on Tuesday at about 7.10am. Mr Pathib, 22, had fled the country before the discovery, but was arrested upon his return at the Woodlands Checkpoint that evening.

He will be charged in court today for murder. If convicted, he faces the death penalty.

Mr Bala Subramanaiam, a friend ofMr Pathib, told Today he had seen the latter in Ang Mo Kio on Monday evening.

According to Mr Bala, 20, Mr Pathib said he was going to meet Ms Jeevitha at around 8pm, and would call him about meeting up later that evening.

When Mr Bala called up at 9.45pm, Mr Pathib told him: “Don’t disturb me. I’m with my girl romancing.” Mr Bala tried to call again several times at around 11pm, but Mr Pathib’s phone was turned off.

Said Mr Bala, a full—time National Serviceman who has known Mr Pathib for five years: “He’s quite okay to other people but he’s not good to girls.”

While some media reports saidMr Pathib had asked to marry Ms Jeevitha when they met on Monday, friends Today spoke to said the couple had an on—off relationship.

The relationship had seemed rosy at first, but cracks appeared as Mr Pathib started to get possessive — demanding to be told of her every move and objecting to her talking to any men.

Ms Jeevitha often broke down emotionally and tried a few times to break off with Mr Pathib. She eventually did not, after Mr Pathib threatened her, said childhood friend and neighbour Suresh Raj.

Two months ago, Ms Jeevitha returned home with bruises on her face after meeting Mr Pathib near Admiralty MRT station. A police report was lodged but Mr Karthigesan and Mr Suresh said they did not know if any action was taken against him.

Ms Jeevitha, who worked part—time as a nursery teacher while studying as a private student for her O levels, was described as quiet and independent. “She was always helpful to even strangers,” said Mr Suresh. — TODAY/sh

Source: http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/2008071...p-231650b.html