Marie Digby - Your Love Asia Tour (Singapore) - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > SGClub Community > Outings & Events » Marie Digby - Your Love Asia Tour (Singapore)

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th September 2012, 03:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
Kyuuketsuki is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Marie Digby - Your Love Asia Tour (Singapore)

EOY is proud to present Marié Digby - "Your Love" Asian Tour in Singapore!

18th October 2012, Thursday
8.30pm - 10.30pm
Esplanade Concert Hall, Singapore
Tickets: $48, $68, $88

There will be an autograph session at the Esplanade Foyer from 10.45 pm to 11.45 pm. Concert attendees may bring a copy of her CD for signing. There will also be a merchandise booth where you can purchase her latest CD.

Buy your tickets through SISTIC ticketing page, SISTIC Hotline: (65) 6348 5555 and at all SISTIC Authorized Agents.

RSVP on the official facebook event page for the latest updates, news and giveaways!
Marié Digby Live in SG “Your Love” Asian Tour | Facebook

================================================== ===================

Marié Christina Digby (born April 16, 1983) is an American singer, songwriter, guitarist, pianist and actress, born to an Irish-American father and Japanese mother. She became a Youtube sensation in 2007 after her acoustic cover version of Rihanna's "Umbrella". The song was subsequently played on the radio station STAR 98.7, was featured on the highly rated third season opening episode of the MTV show The Hills, and peaked at #10 on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart.

The rest is history. Her Youtube account has 100 million views and over 270 thousand subscribers. Despite gaining mainstream popularity, she remains down-to-earth and approachable to her fans, and continues to populate her Youtube channel with quality covers of music by artistes like Linkin Park, Game, Rihanna, Britney Spears, Maroon 5, Incubus, Lady Gaga, Usher,Beyoncé and Nelly Furtado, as well as her original compositions.

Marié's expertise lies in pop, but she dabbles in a variety of genres. Quoting the talented singer from an interview with NPR music, "It just has to have a great melody," she says. "Doesn't matter what genre it is — it could be opera, it could be rap, it could be country. Whatever it is, as long as it has a beautiful melody, I can break it down on guitar and make it sound good."

Marié's voice and guitar strumming are as pleasant and serene as she looks. Listening to her music on a leisurely afternoon is akin to taking a stroll through a beautiful garden as your worries melt away.

One of her top YouTube Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=9F9q_k5TWqo

Sponsors:
Add to Kyuuketsuki's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 10:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
linrx is on a distinguished road

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Marie Digby - Your Love Asia Tour (Singapore)

Old thread revival, six years have passed since she became a Youtube sensation singing covers, wanted to setup a Marie Digby fan presence on the internet sometime ago then again ideas are stale while the girl has moved on from singing covers having launched several albums already http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marié_Digby

Old 15th August 2013, 07:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
linrx is on a distinguished road

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Marie Digby - Your Love Asia Tour (Singapore)

Aiyo,

Alot of things to say, then again easier to just post a url and let people whack: http://no-brandlimited.com/dinosaurcrossing it's a forum that took a while to set up -- spent most of my youthful days since 2000 being interested in pop music -- liked Sun yanzi the most back then, and listened to abit of JPop the likes of Do as Infinity, come to a point of time music means totally little at all to me, turn on Youtube.com and all kinds of people have their own channels teaching people how to cook to their backyard rap. End up I also do up a website. Originally is because I'm interested in dinosaurs. Then I thought, one day I'm gonna become a dinosaur also, so are all the pop idols. So out of all the pop idols made famous by Youtube, I picked one loh Marié Digby (at least she come to Singapore before and had her own concert here before) and just set up a stupid website for people to chat about her.

Sgclub is a good place already to discuss about music, that's why I start a thread here also loh. Skarly people hate Marié Digby, wah lagi funnier still, because I also starting to hate her.

Hate to love, love to hate. I hate Sun Yanzi these days after she became a mother and moved into behind the scene. Then I thought wah Angela Zhang Shao Han quite good maybe buy a few of her albums. Then after a while later also sian ji buah. Old already, it's still very fussy i.e. choosy over musicians, then again the male musicians I really like i.e. Linkin Park's Chester and Andy Lau they're way older than me and still in business. Whereas the girls after awhile later .. ya.. blame the guys, again, sorry..

In case Marié Digby is new to you: she has got 295,306 subscribers as of today that's 4% of our Singapore population http://www.youtube.com/user/MarieDigby

I don't want to curse her so I setup a website for others to scold her. I won't want to be her local fan club manager so I start a thread for somebody else to drive this. Some things though:
  • Any issue relating to profit, keep me out of it.
  • Any issue relating to success, keep me out of it.
  • Any issue relating to merit, keep me out of it.

Some other fanclubs already set up regarding her:
  1. http://mariedigby.org
  2. http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/marie-digby
  3. http://half-asians.com/marie-digby