MHA consulted before Watain concert given the go-ahead: IMDA - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Leisure & Entertainment > Music Zone » MHA consulted before Watain concert given the go-ahead: IMDA

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th March 2019, 06:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Photosnapper is on a distinguished road

Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
MHA consulted before Watain concert given the go-ahead: IMDA

MHA consulted before Watain concert given the go-ahead: IMDA

12 Mar 2019 08:33AM (Updated: 12 Mar 2019 08:54AM)

SINGAPORE: The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) was among the "relevant parties" that were consulted before the Watain concert was given the go-ahead, the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) said on Tuesday (Mar 12).

Its comments were in response to letters from members of the public published in the Straits Times Forum page on the decisions and steps that were taken before the Swedish black metal band’s concert on Mar 7 was cancelled on the very day.

Read more at source:
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...-imda-11334674

Sponsors:
Old 13th March 2019, 06:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Re: MHA consulted before Watain concert given the go-ahead: IMDA

‘If you fall in the mosh pit, someone will help you up’: Black-metal fans say they are no hoodlums

By Nicholas Khong
Published12 March, 2019
Updated 13 March, 2019

SINGAPORE — Most people who pass Mr Yew Kai Xun on the street would never guess he is a fan of black- and death-metal music.

The 20-year-old sports no tattoos and describes himself as a “quiet, gentle and soft-spoken guy”. He is waiting to enter a university here this year.

Read more at source:
https://www.todayonline.com/singapor...re-no-hoodlums

Old 13th March 2019, 07:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Re: MHA consulted before Watain concert given the go-ahead: IMDA

I listen to some metal music but is pro-family-social cohesion so i dare to say that i taste the darkness but is still able to walk in the light. But not all are able to bend away from such (or any) influences and still be a good citizen people. So i am giving some neutral comments here:

(1) The band has a good many history of using animal sacrifices during their concerts. If any bands wants to create the desired ambient for their live performance, they make sure it is done ethically and no animals are harmed in the process. +1 point for the Government.

(2) Song lyrics and rhythm. There are many bad things done in the past and present from religious groups and figures. If you are to be 'anti' religion, please pick on those points that are not right all along so that religious leaders can look into them and ponder and correct. For example religions telling people to forgive and forget - you know people will continue to do wrong knowing that they will be forgiven. Conmen who perform rituals to con money or sex from believers. Eating food that look like meat but are actually made from vegetable ingrdients, but weird - eggs are allowed? People who twist religions and are not tolerable towards other religions and beliefs, kill unarmed innocent civilians but when see US troops hide in caves and underground tunnels. Please write about these or any other relating to such in your lyrics and sing about it, instead of just plain mindlessly sing about death, blood, sacrifices like just for the personal gratification of an individual. Also the songs have no rythm and is not melodic at all. I rather listen to Behemoth.

(3) A lot of such rock and metal bands their band members have a history of drug abuse and criminal offences. I may only have a track on my music player and listen to it but don't expect me to buy a ticket or attend their live concerts. I only will like that piece of music but not the people who created or sung it.

(4) People come from different races and culture beliefs. if you want to perform in another country you have to respect the law and culture of another country. If Watain is keen to perform in Singapore for their fans They should worked and follow up with Singapore authorites to correct or modify their performance details: example, complying to no animal sacrifices blood during the performances, picking songs that do not directly wrote about anti-religions, complying to all the laws in Singapore. If i am the manager of the band i will PROACTIVELY approach and work with the local authorities on such issues so that i can perform here for the fans.

(5) The death and black metal music scenes have many disapproval from other religions. Inorder to correct these the lyrics of the songs are very important. Sing about the valid and arguable, the shortfall of other religions intead of pure mindless hatred for the religions without any valid reasons.

(6) Double job approving then disapproving concert. An advise to the singapore authorities - next time any DEATH/BLACK metal bands wants to perform here, you have to hold their application and review before approvals. Of all metal genre of music, death and black metals USUALLY are 'sadistic'.

Last edited by Photosnapper; 13th March 2019 at 07:15 AM.
Photosnapper is offline   Add to Photosnapper's Reputation Reply With Quote