MI? JC? - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > School Life » MI? JC?

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th June 2012, 11:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
New SGClubber
Christyho is on a distinguished road

 
Posts: 9
Join Date: May 2012
Likes: 2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

MI? JC?

Which path is better? three yrs for MI? or two yrs for JC?

Sponsors:
Christyho is offline  
Add to Christyho's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 03:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
blacktoast94 has a spectacular aura about

 
blacktoast94's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,384
Join Date: Dec 2008
Likes: 189
Liked 51 Times in 45 Posts
Gender:

Re: MI? JC?

depends on how well you think you can cope. If you do well enough like below 10 or something JC should be better cuz the students there will be around your level, better env. for you to study

blacktoast94 is offline   Add to blacktoast94's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 08:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
New SGClubber
Zach95 is on a distinguished road

 
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Gender:

Re: MI? JC?

Yep. You should consider JC because of the better environment

Zach95 is offline   Add to Zach95's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 10:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
Skaty is on a distinguished road

 
Posts: 79
Join Date: Jan 2011
Likes: 8
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Gender:

Re: MI? JC?

For both routes, you will end up taking the same paper. The main thing to consider is whether you would want to spread your studies out. Aree20you the type that needs time to consolidate all of your work? JC students usually have a tough time in JC2, especially after June and for some, it can get very hectic even without any CCA or other obligations.

Another reason to choose MI would be for its Business stream, which has been abolished in JC.

Skaty is offline   Add to Skaty's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2012, 12:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
fathernature is a jewel in the roughfathernature is a jewel in the rough

 
fathernature's Avatar
 
Posts: 9,828
Join Date: Dec 2007
Likes: 19
Liked 28 Times in 26 Posts
Gender:

Re: MI? JC?

MI is a school wit business focus, which means, u will get in touch business related stuff.
Like if you are in business and arts stream, u can get to do MI.Mart, an annual event for students to experience running their own business.
Also, MI offers management of business and accounts which other 20 JCs do not offer.
And if u take accounts, u can actually take LCCI Level 2 in accounting.

In MI, u have 3 years dosent mean u have one year extra to slack. A levels papers are spread out throughout the 3 years.
In MI, first year, u can take A level mother tongue if u score a certain criteria
In year 2, u will take mother tongue which u didnt for the first year, your H1 contrasting and your H1 project work.
in year 3, u will only take your 3 H2s and H1 GP, where u wont be able to take your other subjects.

Its not true that coming into MI = no future, there are students who did very well for GCE A levels. u can check out this article on 2 top A level students ( http://www.millenniainstitute.moe.ed...=500&Itemid=38 ) and also browse other articles which covers we have in MI and the numerous student exchanges, called the MI.World.

MI's journalism website is called MI.Wired. Do feel free to browse
http://www.millenniainstitute.moe.ed...d=41&Itemid=38

__________________
eh eh eh !!! =O
+ rep sia! If i help u lurhs (^_^)V

http://soundcloud.com/fathernature
www.youtube.com/xiiaoxuuesheng
fathernature is offline   Add to fathernature's Reputation Reply With Quote
Members who Liked this post by fathernature:
Christyho (9th June 2012)
Old 9th June 2012, 08:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★
EightyOne is a glorious beacon of lightEightyOne is a glorious beacon of lightEightyOne is a glorious beacon of lightEightyOne is a glorious beacon of light

 
EightyOne's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,717
Join Date: May 2012
Likes: 261
Liked 293 Times in 260 Posts
Gender:

Re: MI? JC?

OMG. NEVER go to MI. Take my words dude b4 its too late! Obviously JC's a better route.

EightyOne is offline   Add to EightyOne's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2012, 10:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Honesty is a virtue~
Tetrahedron is a jewel in the roughTetrahedron is a jewel in the rough

 
Tetrahedron's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,519
Join Date: Sep 2010
Likes: 16
Liked 156 Times in 111 Posts
Gender:

Re: MI? JC?

Originally Posted by EightyOne View Post
OMG. NEVER go to MI. Take my words dude b4 its too late! Obviously JC's a better route.
2 words for you.

Bullshit.


Not sounding harsh at all, but that comment sounds extremely insensitive.

First thing's first, MI is extremely considerate in terms of the exam spread. It is much more management than the rigorous JC curriculum. Not saying that MI's curriculum is slack, but it makes people more able to manage the workload.

Second thing, it takes extreme maturity to acknowledge the fact that you pick things up at a slower speed. Some people in JC just could not catch up, and end up retaining which is time-wise, the same as MI, without the considerate spreading of examinations you could've gotten in MI.

Last thing, there is more flexibility in the system. I heard that subjects are extremely flexible in MI, plus their extra Business stream (fathernature mentioned this).


Saying that JC is obviously a better choice, is extremely myopic and lacks certain foresight. Sure it may not be the most glorious in terms of the COP, but do not underestimate the curriculum just based on that fact. Instead, judge the environment and pace carefully, and ask yourself, are you confident and willing to work hard in a JC? If you know that you could not manage it even if you work hard, MI is definitely a better choice for you, as it will build your confidence on the long run.


That's all.

__________________
Currently just a wanderer...
Tetrahedron is offline   Add to Tetrahedron's Reputation Reply With Quote
Members who Liked this post by Tetrahedron:
Rapid867Flare (10th June 2012)
Old 9th June 2012, 11:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
squall56302 has a spectacular aura about

 
squall56302's Avatar
 
Posts: 659
Join Date: Feb 2009
Likes: 6
Liked 28 Times in 21 Posts
Gender:

Re: MI? JC?

Being someone who graduated from MI with near-top gradings within the school, let me offer you some advice and insights with regards to choosing between MI or JC.

The tl;dr would be: If your 'O' levels allows you to go to a JC, just go. Only consider MI if you do not meet any JC's entry points but still consider going in a university.

The unique thing about MI would be it is a 3-year 'A' level course. Don't see it as a 3-year 'JC'. Difference. It is not a JC.

Another unique thing would be the business stream, as above-mentioned. The boon of this is also, as much as a student can handle, taking on business diploma and side studies such as ACCA. For a student who can handle both the 'A' level curriculum as well as this diploma, this is extremely beneficial and useful for someone who intend to enter other non-mainstream universities like SIM, or even ACCA itself (Even exempting you from some modules!).

Ok, let me tell you now what is the environment of the school, correct as of 2009 when i graduate.

It is a rather slack studying environment. There's a division between student population, with the bottom 80% of the students slacking aimlessly, 15% of them apathetic and couldn't care and the only top 5% of the students really studying hard. Hence, expect to be dragged down if you mix with the wrong people.

Let me give you an example, i personally know a friend who was a 9-pointer in her 'O' levels who came to MI for her interest in the business course. The end-game for her was nothing. Her 'A' levels was so horrible she does not even know where to go.

So, what i am trying to get across, unless you are really determined and need that extra one year, it is better not to go MI. At least at the end of a poly you get a diploma.

__________________
Current short-term goal: Complete Witcher 1.
squall56302 is offline   Add to squall56302's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 12:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
fathernature is a jewel in the roughfathernature is a jewel in the rough

 
fathernature's Avatar
 
Posts: 9,828
Join Date: Dec 2007
Likes: 19
Liked 28 Times in 26 Posts
Gender:

Re: MI? JC?

Originally Posted by EightyOne View Post
OMG. NEVER go to MI. Take my words dude b4 its too late! Obviously JC's a better route.
i think its kind of unfair for you to say this, because, there are success stories from MI which are being published on news papers.
And also, if u get, lets say 18 points for R5, u rather go to a JC, cant catch up, retain, get mocked by other people, and take A levels in 3 years? or u rather go to MI, 3 years, year by year get promoted and get your A levels.

at the end of the day, it is really not what school you come from but how u study and what kind of student are you.
in MI, the teachers are really dedicated. Trust my words, mark it, what ever. And a plus point, MI is mostly classroom style learning. which, the tutors makes sure you arent slacking during lessons, etc. well still, they just contribute to only 5% of all ur successes.

u can ask Lance, who graduated as MI first batch, and also Nish, who taught MI for the first few months in 2012.
There are a couple MI students here too.

TS, at the end of the day, its your decision, not ours. U can go down to the school to understand more too.. .

__________________
eh eh eh !!! =O
+ rep sia! If i help u lurhs (^_^)V

http://soundcloud.com/fathernature
www.youtube.com/xiiaoxuuesheng
fathernature is offline   Add to fathernature's Reputation Reply With Quote
Members who Liked this post by fathernature:
InfinityFrost (10th June 2012)
Old 10th June 2012, 12:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Moderator
Lancelot is a splendid one to beholdLancelot is a splendid one to beholdLancelot is a splendid one to beholdLancelot is a splendid one to beholdLancelot is a splendid one to behold

 
Lancelot's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,444
Join Date: Jan 2005
Likes: 48
Liked 90 Times in 62 Posts
Gender:

Re: MI? JC?

MI has given me so much valuable memories and experiences. Those lessons I will take with me for the rest of my life.

But academics-wise. A 3 year spread can be easier to swallow if you do not think you can handle the 18 month rigor of a JC route. 18 months because the last 6 months of your second year would be pure A levels prep. So yes, your timetable will be really packed.

Not saying that MI is 'slack' because of the extra year and all. But rushing ahead when you feel you cannot handle it will end up giving you more stress and distress than you need.

Lancelot is offline   Add to Lancelot's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 07:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★
EightyOne is a glorious beacon of lightEightyOne is a glorious beacon of lightEightyOne is a glorious beacon of lightEightyOne is a glorious beacon of light

 
EightyOne's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,717
Join Date: May 2012
Likes: 261
Liked 293 Times in 260 Posts
Gender:

Re: MI? JC?

Ok guys. Sorry for delivering such an abstract statement just now, I was merely drunk. My sincere apologies. Allow me to further elaborate my PERSONAL outlook on MI and , at the same time, justify my stand that MI is an ABSOLUTE 'no' for me:

Ask yourself this, why are you not able to enter into JC? Because you were lazy and did not study hard enough for O levels? Because you were not driven enough? Because you had no interests in O level subjects? If you had worked really hard and still not able to qualify for JC, then perhaps you are just inapt in O levels subjects. So, why try to take up A levels when in all likelihood you will not perform well in A levels as your foundation is not strong and you will have problems grasping A level concepts.

It is generally true that MI students are weaker (against JC). Therefore standards might be lowered which may affect your readiness for the actual A levels exam. MI is pretty much the RP of poly.

Since most MI students are weaker, the environment is not as competitive as compared to a JC. Your peers may not push you to study hard. You may sit back and rest on your laurels as the environment is not as intensive. Having friends who are technically strong will be beneficial as they will be able to help you during study group meetings etc. Will you be able to get over the stigma and self-esteem issues that MI is technically considered the least desirable/inferior A-level school?

If I am not wrong, MI students take one less A level subject. If you are able to do well in all your 3 A level subjects, you may still lose out when it comes to application for very popular university courses and scholarships.

Do not think that with one extra year, you can produce a miracle and score godlike results. From statistics (my graduated friend was in MI told me), many are unable to enter into a desirable course in local uni

What happens if you fail to make it into local uni? Your only option would then be SIM/private unis. It would be less taxing to enter into SIM through poly and with a diploma your cert would be more valuable.


Perhaps it would be better to consider a poly education instead. Choose one that you are really interested in. With interest and passion, you will be able to do well. Dont just follow the crowd and take A-levels and at the end of the day you are unable to do well because you have no interest or you are just inapt.

Truth hurts. But this is the reality and FACTS.

EightyOne is offline   Add to EightyOne's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 08:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
squall56302 has a spectacular aura about

 
squall56302's Avatar
 
Posts: 659
Join Date: Feb 2009
Likes: 6
Liked 28 Times in 21 Posts
Gender:

Re: MI? JC?

I will state here first. I never liked MI even though i was from there. Yet, i am still rather offended when people describe the school with such negative tone to it. While you make some valid points, let me tell you why your post cannot be used as a reference for anyone choosing to enter the school or not.

Originally Posted by EightyOne View Post
Ask yourself this, why are you not able to enter into JC? Because you were lazy and did not study hard enough for O levels? Because you were not driven enough? Because you had no interests in O level subjects? If you had worked really hard and still not able to qualify for JC, then perhaps you are just inapt in O levels subjects. So, why try to take up A levels when in all likelihood you will not perform well in A levels as your foundation is not strong and you will have problems grasping A level concepts.
The only part of your post that i agree with. There is a high probability that someone who performs poorly for 'O's will also perform poorly for 'A's. This cannot be denied and the reason for it is simply because of the bell curve that affects all the 'A's population and that MI students start not at a fair ground. They enter the 'A' level curriculum with a weaker foundation and need that extra 1 year to try and catch up .

Originally Posted by EightyOne View Post
It is generally true that MI students are weaker (against JC). Therefore standards might be lowered which may affect your readiness for the actual A levels exam. MI is pretty much the RP of poly.

Since most MI students are weaker, the environment is not as competitive as compared to a JC. Your peers may not push you to study hard. You may sit back and rest on your laurels as the environment is not as intensive. Having friends who are technically strong will be beneficial as they will be able to help you during study group meetings etc. Will you be able to get over the stigma and self-esteem issues that MI is technically considered the least desirable/inferior A-level school?
You're not making it clear when you said "...standards are lowered...", so i am going to make an assumption that you meant the schools internal exams are of lower difficulty, ok? I am going to assume what you meant like that. So based on that assumption...

....i am calling your whole paragraph bull. MI papers are clearly way, WAY difficult than normal JC papers for god knows what reasons. In fact, they are often SO difficult the whole level of students are often moderated UPWARDS so that the scores don't stay too low. In 2009, when i took MI 2009 prelim papers, they are almost NJC and ACJC standard tough. When i compared JJC, IJC, SJC and somemore par-level Junior Colleges, MI Paper was ridiculously difficult. Note that i am saying this as one of the top few students in MI in 2009.

Then comes to your saying: "MI Students are generally weaker". True, only if you consider entry level. There is no way that a Year 1 MI student can hold against a Year 1 any-JC student. However, things get even when they reach their A-level year. A year-3 MI student is equivalent in terms of academic knowledge as a year-2 JC student. In fact, we often had study meetings, MI and other JCs, in many NLBs. Both parties are able to contribute significant knowledge that helps each other in their studies. Sometimes they don't know, sometimes we don't. 50-50. You might wanna say that 3 year against 2 isn't making it fair? Then well that's what MI is all about, and if you really are going to say that, i think you're not in the discussion here at all.

Originally Posted by EightyOne View Post
If I am not wrong, MI students take one less A level subject. If you are able to do well in all your 3 A level subjects, you may still lose out when it comes to application for very popular university courses and scholarships.
Now this argument is really...weird (Note that i am trying not to be rude). While lesser subjects meant lesser options to be used during university entrance, it also meant more time for use to focus on what is on hand, especially for students who are in MI because of difficulty in time management. Hence, this is more of a boon than a disadvantage...if used properly, of course.

In summary, what you're using is what i call a strawman argument, where your entire argument is based on the fact that the person involved in choosing between institutes is a complete lazy person who cannot bother to bring him/herself up to 'A' level student. Take that assumption away and your whole argument fails.

In MI, it is quite a crew. I've seen 'O' level low scorers, consisting of people who had or had not taken 'N' level. Polytechnics dropouts as well as JC students who felt that they can handle 'A' level curriculum better with more time. It is not where they came from that determine where they end up after 'A' level, but their actions when they are in MI.'

Here's a class motto from back when i was in MI: "It ain't the strongest who will survive, but the survivors who are strongest."

Food for thought.

__________________
Current short-term goal: Complete Witcher 1.
squall56302 is offline   Add to squall56302's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 08:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
clocking is on a distinguished road

 
clocking's Avatar
 
Posts: 381
Join Date: Dec 2008
Likes: 1
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Gender:

Re: MI? JC?

go for JC if you have the chance, I believe JC will have a better studying environment.

I have friends which went to MI and always complained about how hard it was to study there without distraction. From what he say, most of the people in his class are noisy, not willing to study etc.

Personally, I do not believe in 'talent', most people are probably just too lazy or determined to do well in o level for JC.
During PSLE, I did not study one bit for it, barely made it in a express stream for neighbourhood secondary. I was lazy all the way till O level since secondary1, barely made it to a JC and then a uni.

However, I realize it is very important to have a good studying environment, back when I was sec4, everyone in my class was a huge distraction; every teacher seem to have given up on the class.
I believe it will be the same for MI, and tried to avoid going there.


Last edited by clocking; 10th June 2012 at 08:46 PM.
clocking is offline   Add to clocking's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 09:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Honesty is a virtue~
Tetrahedron is a jewel in the roughTetrahedron is a jewel in the rough

 
Tetrahedron's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,519
Join Date: Sep 2010
Likes: 16
Liked 156 Times in 111 Posts
Gender:

Re: MI? JC?

I shall not repeat the same pointers as above.

You may be intelligent and considering good JCs for tertiary education. But that do not meant that JC is a one-size-fits-all institution.

__________________
Currently just a wanderer...
Tetrahedron is offline   Add to Tetrahedron's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 12:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
fathernature is a jewel in the roughfathernature is a jewel in the rough

 
fathernature's Avatar
 
Posts: 9,828
Join Date: Dec 2007
Likes: 19
Liked 28 Times in 26 Posts
Gender:

Re: MI? JC?

Originally Posted by EightyOne View Post
Ask yourself this, why are you not able to enter into JC? Because you were lazy and did not study hard enough for O levels? Because you were not driven enough? Because you had no interests in O level subjects? If you had worked really hard and still not able to qualify for JC, then perhaps you are just inapt in O levels subjects. So, why try to take up A levels when in all likelihood you will not perform well in A levels as your foundation is not strong and you will have problems grasping A level concepts.
So if you are lazy and “ACCIDENTALLY” didn’t do well in O level cause of complacency or play too much, don’t go MI?
And also, if you don’t take economics in secondary school, don’t take A level economics? So H1 and H2 economics should be abolished?

Originally Posted by EightyOne View Post
It is generally true that MI students are weaker (against JC). Therefore standards might be lowered which may affect your readiness for the actual A levels exam. MI is pretty much the RP of poly.
When did you graduate? RP is now the 3rd of out the 5 poly if you are not up to date.
Standards lowered? How sure are you? Then why do we still see MI questions appearing in revision packages of other JCs?
(Don’t believe? : http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/q...72012_0000.jpg on PJC revision paper)
In fact, like what squall mentioned, MI questions are almost on par or higher than JC questions. Its like, u can try our paper, and match it with other neighbourhood JCs *no offence*


Originally Posted by EightyOne View Post
Since most MI students are weaker, the environment is not as competitive as compared to a JC. Your peers may not push you to study hard. You may sit back and rest on your laurels as the environment is not as intensive. Having friends who are technically strong will be beneficial as they will be able to help you during study group meetings etc. Will you be able to get over the stigma and self-esteem issues that MI is technically considered the least desirable/inferior A-level school?
Now… who is the one taking GCE A levels? Your PEERS or YOU?! If you don’t have the discipline to even study and control YOURSELF, how much can you tell OTHERS about how well u can lead your life INDEPENDENTLY.

Originally Posted by EightyOne View Post
If I am not wrong, MI students take one less A level subject. If you are able to do well in all your 3 A level subjects, you may still lose out when it comes to application for very popular university courses and scholarships.
Hello, if you aren’t familiar with A levels, MI students take the SAME amount of subjects with other JCs. We take the MINIMUM Academic Units (AUs) and also, your IGP to get into university is based on the 90 point.
MEANING, we take 3H2, 1H1 and compulsory PW, MT and GP, which other A level students are taking.
Scholarships? Do you know to get a scholarship what is the MINIMUM number of AUs required? 10AUs can get you scholarships for local university education. Need evidence?


Originally Posted by EightyOne View Post
Do not think that with one extra year, you can produce a miracle and score godlike results. From statistics (my graduated friend was in MI told me), many are unable to enter into a desirable course in local uni.
Did I see “TOLD ME”? So it’s not based on YOUR stats?
So blame the school for not getting into a desirable course?
It’s just like blaming the pond being too big when you can’t see a fish.

Originally Posted by EightyOne View Post
What happens if you fail to make it into local uni? Your only option would then be SIM/private unis. It would be less taxing to enter into SIM through poly and with a diploma your cert would be more valuable.
So… WHAT happens if you MAKE IT into a local university?

Originally Posted by EightyOne View Post
Perhaps it would be better to consider a poly education instead. Choose one that you are really interested in. With interest and passion, you will be able to do well. Dont just follow the crowd and take A-levels and at the end of the day you are unable to do well because you have no interest or you are just inapt.
What if one have a passion for JC subjects? O level grads =/= know what they want to do in the future.
And won’t you be following the crowd if you just listen to others and go into a polytechnic? And also, at the end of the day, you are unable to do well because you have NO INTEREST to the course u choose?

Originally Posted by EightyOne View Post
Truth hurts. But this is the reality and FACTS.
Where on the World Wide Web did the facts YOU mentioned appear?



I hope you can dont be so stereotypical of how MI students are. At the end of the day, the school is not the ONLY factor to get to where you are and where you want to be.
It also depend on yourself.

Lastly, i don't intend to offend anyone from what i said. And yes, different people have different perspective on different things, but please do not put judgmental eyes on something WHICH you did not experience it.

Its just like describing to others that the snake meat is spicy, when you did not try it yourself but just by mere listening to what other people said.

With that, cheers.

__________________
eh eh eh !!! =O
+ rep sia! If i help u lurhs (^_^)V

http://soundcloud.com/fathernature
www.youtube.com/xiiaoxuuesheng
fathernature is offline   Add to fathernature's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 06:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
New SGClubber
Metabeast is on a distinguished road

 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gender:

Re: MI? JC?

Man, the debates here really got me hooked on to finally creating an account just to participate in the lil' conversation you guys have here.

Alright, my five cents advice to the topic-starter, the decision between JC and MI ultimately relies on your 'O' Level scores. Judging from the dilemma you have, I'm gonna assume you're an average student with a rough prediction that your L1R5 will be somewhere along the 11 - 20 point range. With that being said, let's put all those "crème de la crème JC(s)" aside and choose the college/institution which is the closest to where you're living at. (No, I'm dead serious and not drunk!)

The closer the rapport between where you stay and the school, the better. With lacklustre performance on your secondary school level, you're gonna need all the time you can get in revising your study materials. If you require more than half an hour to reach a particular institution, forget it. You'll only make your two/three years of 'A' Level curriculum a living hell. With Co-curricular activities and a lot of those bullcrap school events (yeah, especially you Founder's day), you're gonna spend an average of 10 hours per day in the school and by the time you reach home after an hour of grinding in the public transport, I doubt you will be able to have the mental capacity to even open up your bag.

In a nutshell, screw school culture/distinction rates/reputation/subjectcombi. All that matters is your tenacity and the frequency of "labour" which affects your 'A' level grades.

Cheers!

Metabeast is offline   Add to Metabeast's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 08:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
Moderator
Lancelot is a splendid one to beholdLancelot is a splendid one to beholdLancelot is a splendid one to beholdLancelot is a splendid one to beholdLancelot is a splendid one to behold

 
Lancelot's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,444
Join Date: Jan 2005
Likes: 48
Liked 90 Times in 62 Posts
Gender:

Re: MI? JC?

End of the day you will sit for your A levels. Whether you can make it or not depends on how you adapt to your environment and your own self-discipline pushing you forward.

Lancelot is offline   Add to Lancelot's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 09:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
fathernature is a jewel in the roughfathernature is a jewel in the rough

 
fathernature's Avatar
 
Posts: 9,828
Join Date: Dec 2007
Likes: 19
Liked 28 Times in 26 Posts
Gender:

Re: MI? JC?

Ya. There are cases where people who stay at the other end of Singapore going to mi and did quite well too. It also boils down to how u use your free time and how u study.

Well, easier said than done, i hben master the making full use of time too.

__________________
eh eh eh !!! =O
+ rep sia! If i help u lurhs (^_^)V

http://soundcloud.com/fathernature
www.youtube.com/xiiaoxuuesheng
fathernature is offline   Add to fathernature's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2012, 12:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Brunswicks is on a distinguished road

 
Brunswicks's Avatar
 
Posts: 493
Join Date: Feb 2009
Likes: 1
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Gender:

Re: MI? JC?

I would have to say you have to consider properly first. JC is no easy route. Its literally true when all the teachers warned that jc will be one of the most difficult period you will go through simple because of the differences in both academic and environment from secondary school. Unless you are someone who truly can say you are consistent in your work and study almost everyday, it will be difficult. But at the end of the day, if you put in the effort it will be worth it and things will get easier.

Well I personally do not know much about MI but if you regard yourself as needing more time to grasp concepts maybe the 1 extra year in MI will help but 2 years studying a level syllabus is already hell for me so i rather get it over and done with :x

__________________
我之爱你一生一世 ♥
evil siege - its mudering the competition!
Brunswicks is offline   Add to Brunswicks's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2012, 02:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
PECTOPAH is a jewel in the roughPECTOPAH is a jewel in the rough

 
Posts: 6,421
Join Date: Jul 2008
Likes: 5
Liked 43 Times in 33 Posts
Gender:

Re: MI? JC?

Originally Posted by Brunswicks View Post
I would have to say you have to consider properly first. JC is no easy route. Its literally true when all the teachers warned that jc will be one of the most difficult period you will go through simple because of the differences in both academic and environment from secondary school. Unless you are someone who truly can say you are consistent in your work and study almost everyday, it will be difficult. But at the end of the day, if you put in the effort it will be worth it and things will get easier.

Well I personally do not know much about MI but if you regard yourself as needing more time to grasp concepts maybe the 1 extra year in MI will help but 2 years studying a level syllabus is already hell for me so i rather get it over and done with :x
no its not
the difference between JC and Uni is larger
JC is a breeze if u consider Uni

and to TS no one can give u a definite answer. we can only list the pros and cons
u have to decide yourself which is better for u

PECTOPAH is offline   Add to PECTOPAH's Reputation Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


» Sponsors
Watch Free Movies Online
Celebrity Gossip
Food Delivery

» Facebook Fans
» What's Going On?
Title, Username, & Date
Q/薇信956290760办理伦敦帝国学...
Q/薇信956290760办理伦敦艺术大...
Q/薇信956290760办理纽卡斯尔大...
Q/薇信956290760办理卡迪夫大学...
Q/薇信956290760办理曼彻斯特大...
Q/薇信956290760办理华威大学W...
澳洲毕业证(Q/薇信956290760)...
澳洲毕业证(Q/薇信956290760)...
澳洲毕业证(Q/薇信956290760)...
澳洲毕业证(Q/薇信956290760)...
澳洲毕业证(Q/薇信956290760)...
澳洲毕业证(Q/薇信956290760)...
澳洲毕业证(Q/薇信956290760)...
澳洲毕业证(Q/薇信956290760)...
澳洲毕业证(Q/薇信956290760)...
澳洲毕业证(Q/薇信956290760)...
澳洲毕业证(Q/薇信956290760)...
澳洲毕业证(Q/薇信956290760)...
澳洲毕业证(Q/薇信956290760)...
澳洲毕业证(Q/薇信956290760)...
Featured Photos
by ApnaE
· · ·
Institute of Technical Education (ITE) Ang Mo Kio
1 photos
0 comments
by ApnaE
· · ·
Member Galleries
20250 photos
13349 comments
by ApnaE
· · ·
Member Galleries
20250 photos
13349 comments
by Vikas Dhar
· · ·
Photography
35 photos
5 comments
by aaudreygan
· · ·
Guy Photos
1581 photos
946 comments
by aaudreygan
· · ·
Girl Photos
4352 photos
4217 comments
by a8paris
· · ·
Guy Photos
1581 photos
946 comments
by a8paris
· · ·
Guy Photos
1581 photos
946 comments
by aaricia
· · ·
Girl Photos
4352 photos
4217 comments
by aaricia
· · ·
Girl Photos
4352 photos
4217 comments

 

All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright© 2004-2013 SGClub.com. All rights reserved.