need help for student council interview - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read SGCShop  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > School Life » need help for student council interview

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-02-2009, 08:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
crucifiedx is on a distinguished road

Credits: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default need help for student council interview

does anybody know what are the questions most ikely to be asked during the interview? thanks.

Add to crucifiedx's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 11:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
broylim will become famous soon enoughbroylim will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: need help for student council interview

i was one of the top committee of a student council and i'm telling you that the student council is not something you would really want to get into because it really sucks a lot of your life away so consider carefully... you wont get anything at all besides your freedom being literally sucked out of your schooling life...

i hate the student council as well as my secondary school because of that... really, think twice...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0.
broylim is offline   Add to broylim's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 12:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
landy is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

LOL!~ agree! i was one of the ex-co too.
didnt realli get anithing except some treats frm DM for our hard work.
we realli spend alot time on sch function.
but u can try.
and sry, i wasnt the one asking qns. =X

landy is offline   Add to landy's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
crucifiedx is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i'm in a jc.. so i assume joining student council in jc is more taxing than sec sch?

crucifiedx is offline   Add to crucifiedx's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 01:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
landy is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

haha..not sure wor..i not in JC. u in JC now right? ask ur senior?

landy is offline   Add to landy's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Elletse is on a distinguished roadElletse is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Student council is a tiring job. you gotta think twice. Im part of the exco and its more than simply tiring.

Firstly you got to show that you can excel in all aspects. Academically, cca and overall well being. You must be able to handle big amount of stress. Its going to eat up alot of your studying time as well as holidays as most of the time they will call you back to do some marshaling for some functions etc.

Morning duties are the worst. I was having exams as well as doing morning duties. My exams start at 745 and i ended my duties at 7.40 even when i rushed.

Also, prepare to sacrifice your friendship. It did soiled mine. Friends will think that you're of a higher authority and distanced themselves to you. Actually, this is ok. What is worst is that when you ask someone, lets say, a guy for his name to take down for latecoming or grooming wise, they will purposely find faults with you one.

"COUNCILLOR BIG AH?" , i often hear that.

And worst, if you're in the exco its super hell. Especially if you're the secretary, president, vice p. These are the most crucial ones to the entire council board. First, work will be passed down to the president. If he or she is those slack slack one will pass down to vice. Vice most of the time will spilt with secretary. Comes to the end, its secretary who takes up most of the job.

Ok irrelevant. Just think twice before joining. Although i might say that being in the council board will reflect well on your portfolio, but the thing is that what you will be sacrificing is more than whats on the portfolio.

Especially if you are in a r/s. Its sure going to be ruined. I'm experienced. lol.

Elletse is offline   Add to Elletse's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
kgm
Cool SGClubber
kgm is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think the student council experiences of people will vary from school to school. Some schools' student councils basically function as mere prefectorial boards who help the school management in discipline issues and enforcement. Time in such student councils are of course quite negative. But if the student council is more involved in organising events like orientation, dialogue and feedback sessions which engage the student body actively, I'm sure the time in student council would be quite positive. Also, if student councils of different schools can come together more and jointly organise events and going beyond just attending one anther's investiture, I believe it would be great too.

As for TS's question, the most common question is why you want to join the student council. I believe that it is vital to answer the question truthfully and not just come up with some politically correct one because you'll be just deluding yourself. If you really end up joining the council, you may well regret it and your student council experience will turn out to be bland or even awful. When answering such a question, ask yourself how ill your joining benefit yourself and the school. Also, find out what the student council has been doing and give your take on those, like if they have been suitable for the school, how you think they can improved etc.

I don't think you should be worried about people whom you will work with in council and your peers, friends or boyfriend/girlfriend outside council giving you problems. In fact you will face such problems in the future and in any context. So I think it would be a great opportunity to expose yourself to these problems earlier so that you can have the experience to deal them later in life.

To end off, I must say that your student council experience will depend on how you want to have it - whether you want to be active or passive in it. But I'm sure that you can gain alot things like friendships, lessons etc if you choose to be active.

kgm is offline   Add to kgm's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Utataki is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I personally do not recommend joining student council if you haven't got enough time on your hands alrdy. It may be fun but still....

Old 03-05-2009, 11:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
dreav3 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

JC SC is much more than Sec sch SC. I was in the prefectorial board both in Sec sch and JC and in JC, it's really really taxing because of all the projects you're involved in. Also whenever shit needs to be done, you're expected to be there and do it because of your "duty of care to the school". If you really don't mind doing all this and if you really have a heart for service (or just want it for your portfolio), the go for it.

Since the SC's job scope is very school-service-based, they'll ask you stuff like, what can you contribute to the school. How can you contribute to the council? Why should we pick you over other candidates? What sets you apart from them? How dedicated are you? and stuff along those lines.

But do reconsider joining the Students' Council because it's not easy juggling SC duties with your other CCA commitments especially if you're in exco for your CCAs and SC

dreav3 is offline   Add to dreav3's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
goodman has a spectacular aura aboutgoodman has a spectacular aura aboutgoodman has a spectacular aura aboutgoodman has a spectacular aura aboutgoodman has a spectacular aura about

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

they might ask why are you keen to join..
do you think you are able to take up the responsibilties...
all these types of questions..

goodman is offline   Add to goodman's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Jodar is a splendid one to beholdJodar is a splendid one to beholdJodar is a splendid one to beholdJodar is a splendid one to beholdJodar is a splendid one to beholdJodar is a splendid one to beholdJodar is a splendid one to beholdJodar is a splendid one to beholdJodar is a splendid one to behold

Credits: 75
Liked 54 Times in 24 Posts

i think by now the sc elects are already finalised.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
New SGClubber
GavinTing is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodar View Post
i think by now the sc elects are already finalised.
EXCO for this year is probably over, but SUBCOMM is probably being prepared for next year's EXCO.

GavinTing is offline   Add to GavinTing's Reputation Reply With Quote