What you need to know/do in Bangkok - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > Travel Talk > Thailand » What you need to know/do in Bangkok

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th July 2011, 05:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
เพื่อนสนิท
Peuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud of

Liked 112 Times in 86 Posts
What you need to know/do in Bangkok

Hotels
There are plenty of reasonable and good hotels in Bangkok.

I would recommend the following 3 hotels which is about THB1200 (SGD50) or less per night but you need to book thru websites.

These hotels are either near BTS or MRT and is walking distance from these hotels.

1) Ambassedor Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11
Its located in the heart of Sukhumvit. Night stalls are opened daily in the late afternoon to wee hours. Resturants and Massage shops (traditionally not those hanky panky type) are also located nearby.

It is about 5 mins walk to Nana BTS station. From this station, you can access to other parts of Bangkok. If you need to change trains at various BTS stations like Asok, Siam, etc.

2) Hip Hotel
Its is located in Ratchada and is walking distance to Huay Khwang night market. The roadside stalls are opened daily from 2100-0500hrs.

There are reasonable foot outlets and massage parlours (both traditional and hanky panky ones) within walking distance.

It is also near the famous Elephant God (Gandhi) at Huay Khwang and is about 5 mins walk to Huay Khwang MRT station.

3) Ratchada City Hotel
Same as Hip Hotel

Travelling by MRT/BTS
There are 2 systems in Bangkok. MRT refers to the trains that travels underground. BTS refers to those travelling on the surface.

You will walk thru Metal Detector when you enter the station and if you are carrying any bags, you are required to open them for inspection by the security

BTS
You need to have coins to buy tickets which are in the form of tokens for BTS or you can approach the BTS control room for assistance. They are able to speak English and can also direct and advise you which station to alight to your destination.

The stations are zoned together as "1", "2" or "3" etc. Choose the zone your destination is in and pay accordingly.

MRT
MRT ticketing machines accepts notes but do remember to change the language from Thai to English.

If any doubts or need clarifications or small notes, approach the station control room. The staff are able to speak English.

Language
Do speak slowly and clearly as most Thais wont be able to understand our English if we speak as if we are speaking to a fellow Singaporean

Siam Paragon/Siam Square
Take the BTS to Siam Station. Next to it is Siam Paragon. It is a huge shopping centre and you also need to walk thru metal detector and open your bags for inspections if required.

Siam Square is behind Siam Paragon and you might want to explored the alleys (Soi). You will find one of the most famous SomTam Restuarant (Thai salad) at Soi 5.

Hardrock Cafe is also found in Siam Square.

MBK
Take BTS to Siam and change to another train heading to National Stadium. Alight at National Stadium and MBK is next to it.

Sukhumvit
Take MRT to Sukhumvit or BTS to Asok Station.

You will find a long stretch of night stalls all the way from Sukhumvit to Nana and beyond.
Remember to bargain. Whatever price they offer you, slash it to a price you think its fair. Make your offer and walk away. Chances of them calling you back and accepting your price is high but your offer must be reasonable.

Nana Building
Nana Building is found along this stretch of road. It is a building full of A-Go-Go joints. They also offered adult shows and Muay Thai boxing.

Girls dancing in bikinis or lingeries or nude can be found in these joints. Beers per bottle starts from THB100-200 and if you see a gal you fancy, you can buy her a drink and she will come and sit and chat with you. Any other arrangement you can make it to her but be prepared to pay THB 3000 and a bar fine of THB500 to take her out and back to your hotel.

You are expected to tip the mummy and the waiter who served you. THB20-50 is sufficient.

You can also find Russian or Ulkraine gals here. The charge will be THB3500-4000.

Soi Cowboy
It is next to Sukhumvit MRT Station and is smaller stretch of road with A-Go-Go joints on both side of the road. This place is only for Foreigners and not locals. I was once nearly thrown out bcos I speak Thai and I look like a Thai, so those who have such problem like me are advised to bring along your passport or NRIC.

The charges is similiar to Nana and most of the girls here are real girls and not ladyboys.

Patpong
Another famous district in Bangkok.

Take MRT to Silom Station.

It is identical to Soi Cowboy and it has a night market and A-Go-Go joints. Remember to bargain like you never before as this place is known to "chop" foreigners.

The A-Go-Go are plenty and the price range is similiar to Nana and Soi Cowboy. But do be careful if you decide to pick up gals from these joints. Quite a handful of them are ladyboys.

Wats (Temples)
There are 2 beautiful temples that are near to MRT/BTS

Take MRT to San Yan or BTS to Sarpon Taksin. Both are different temples.

Taxi
Ensure that the driver on their meters and there is no such thing as midnight charge but you are expected to pay for the toll should you use the highway.

Never take taxis that are parked at the side of the road waiting for passengers. Just flag any empty taxis on the road.

Currencies Exchange
Change them in SG as you will get a better rate than in Bangkok.

If you need to change money there, there are plenty of reputable money changers along major tourist areas.

Thai Tourist Police
This department is set up especially for tourists. Their officers can speak English, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Spainish, French, etc.

This will be your best bet for any help should you required it. Tel :1699
26/56 TPI Tower Bldg. 23 fl. Chantadmai Rd.
Tungmahamek Sathorn,
Bangkok 10120
Tel. 678-6800-9 Fax. 678-6829

Section 6, Sub-Division 2, (Don Muang)
Don Muang International Airport
Vipawadee Rangsit Rd.,
Don Muang, Bangkok
Tel. 02-5351641

Clubbing
Clubs are plenty and some of them open till 7am.

Places like RCA, Dance Fever, Hollywood, etc are a good place to let your hair down and pick up gals. But be wary of any gals you pick up cos some tourists were drugged and robbed at their hotels after they pick up gals.

Some hotels will charge extra if you bring a lady back to your room. Some will need the gal to register themselves so in case if you are robbed, they can hand her particulars to the Police.

Security
Thai people are peaceful and fun loving. Never get into a fight with any of them there. Chances are that you will not be fighting on an even ground. You will end up fighting a group of them.

Health Centres
Names like Posedon, Amterdam, etc are famous health centres in Bangkok. The gals are pretty and some of them are former FHM models. The price starts from THB2000-5000 depend on the age, looks and fighures of the gals.

You will enjoy a 2 hrs massage in the privacy of their room and engaging in "WWF" will be in the agenda.

Any other things u need to know or want to know about Bangkok or Pattaya or Chiangmai or Phuket or any other Thai destinations, write your enquires here.

Sponsors:
Old 28th July 2011, 12:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
New SGClubber
amei_mimi is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: What you need to know/do in Bangkok

Thanks for sharing naka เพื่อนสนิท .. Other places not to be missed in Thailand are..
1. JJ market ( Jatujak) located at skytrain/MRT Mor Chit station : A huge comlex wiht lots of shops/ bazaars/ restaurants. You can be sure to find EVERTHING that you need here.

2. Platinum mall (Pratunam) not so far from sky train Rajchathewi station : A must go shoppin place for ladies!!! Not only tourists love this place. We locals do LOVE it too ^^*

amei_mimi is offline   Add to amei_mimi's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 12:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
christmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant future

Liked 523 Times in 453 Posts

This is a very good thread indeed.

christmas_ is offline   Add to christmas_'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 12:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
freezer_w is a name known to allfreezer_w is a name known to allfreezer_w is a name known to allfreezer_w is a name known to allfreezer_w is a name known to all

Liked 85 Times in 67 Posts

i am going on 26th - 29th August!

*Have fun on SGClub but pls READ the RULES, Report Bad Posts and Give Reputation to Good Ones!*
freezer_w is offline   Add to freezer_w's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 12:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
เพื่อนสนิท
Peuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by amei_mimi View Post
Thanks for sharing naka เพื่อนสนิท .. Other places not to be missed in Thailand are..
1. JJ market ( Jatujak) located at skytrain/MRT Mor Chit station : A huge comlex wiht lots of shops/ bazaars/ restaurants. You can be sure to find EVERTHING that you need here.

2. Platinum mall (Pratunam) not so far from sky train Rajchathewi station : A must go shoppin place for ladies!!! Not only tourists love this place. We locals do LOVE it too ^^*
You Khoon Thai chai mai?

Originally Posted by freezer_w View Post
i am going on 26th - 29th August!
I wrote it especially for a lonely soul like you

Old 28th July 2011, 12:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
freezer_w is a name known to allfreezer_w is a name known to allfreezer_w is a name known to allfreezer_w is a name known to allfreezer_w is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Peuan Sanit View Post
You Khoon Thai chai mai?

I wrote it especially for a lonely soul like you

thats why i put the dates here, see if there's any other people who wanna go with me... LOL!

*Have fun on SGClub but pls READ the RULES, Report Bad Posts and Give Reputation to Good Ones!*
Old 28th July 2011, 01:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
เพื่อนสนิท

thats why i put the dates here, see if there's any other people who wanna go with me... LOL!
55555! I already said I will go with you if my GF is still there! Opps!

Old 28th July 2011, 01:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

55555! I already said I will go with you if my GF is still there! Opps!
your gf leh... not my gf leh...

Old 28th July 2011, 01:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
เพื่อนสนิท

your gf leh... not my gf leh...
GF I have only one but Godsisters, I got a busload

Old 28th July 2011, 01:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
MayumiYoshiyuki will become famous soon enough

i like thailand

especially yaowarat

i love Big C supermarket as well, can buy all the latest bath products that havent launch in SG from there

i love to go shopping there-> the food is cheap and nice, the clothes are nice and most thai people are very polite

just dont stay at baiyoke sky hotel-> the place is haunted

stayed there with my mum, aunt and family and all of us met ghosts

aunt saw ghost in her room and the ghost scold her for praying

mum felt there was sth on the bed and in the bathroom

aunt's friend saw ghost also

so damn scary sia <shivers>

thank god i didnt see ghost because i wear amulet...

MayumiYoshiyuki is offline   Add to MayumiYoshiyuki's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 01:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
christmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant future

Liked 523 Times in 453 Posts

hope freezer_w have a wonderful time at Thailand

christmas_ is offline   Add to christmas_'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 01:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

Originally Posted by MayumiYoshiyuki View Post
i like thailand

especially yaowarat

i love Big C supermarket as well, can buy all the latest bath products that havent launch in SG from there

i love to go shopping there-> the food is cheap and nice, the clothes are nice and most thai people are very polite

i just made the bookings last night.

Old 28th July 2011, 01:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
เพื่อนสนิท

Originally Posted by MayumiYoshiyuki View Post

555! Freezer_W is staying there during his visit.

If the ghost is puying, I think Freezer_W will be ok with it. I will feel sorry for the puying ghost.

Old 28th July 2011, 01:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

Originally Posted by christmas_ View Post
hope freezer_w have a wonderful time at Thailand
thanks!

Old 28th July 2011, 01:26 PM   #15 (permalink)

555! Freezer_W is staying there during his visit.

If the ghost is puying, I think Freezer_W will be ok with it. I will feel sorry for the puying ghost.
siao liao lah like that... btw what is puying?

if really got ghost come, i will tell him/her your address... i will ask him/her to find u, u are simply too handsome...

Old 28th July 2011, 01:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
เพื่อนสนิท

i just made the bookings last night.
Actually I heard about it before. Thats why I told you stay Hip Hotel better but you dont want to listen.

Anyway, I heard that the Ghost is puying, she should be more afraid of you than you of her.

For reference to what a Puying Thai ghost looks like, refer to my avatar.

The guy sitting down in my avatar will be Freezer_W in about a month's time.

Old 28th July 2011, 01:31 PM   #17 (permalink)

Actually I heard about it before. Thats why I told you stay Hip Hotel better but you dont want to listen.

Anyway, I heard that the Ghost is puying, she should be more afraid of you than you of her.

For reference to what a Puying Thai ghost looks like, refer to my avatar.

The guy sitting down in my avatar will be Freezer_W in about a month's time.
eh... looks quite chio hor?

Old 28th July 2011, 01:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

siao liao lah like that... btw what is puying?

if really got ghost come, i will tell him/her your address... i will ask him/her to find u, u are simply too handsome...
bring an amulet along with you

if you're buddhist, a buddha amulet will be best <that was the one which protected me from the ghost the other time>. if cannot then go temple get tailsman also can.

if u are catholic/christian, please bring along yr cross+bible

if u enter the room and u see that the bible<hotel always have one copy of bible in the room> is laid open on the table, pls walk out of the room.

rooms with bibles laid open means there is sth special <ghost> in the room.

maybe peuan sanit got lobang for amulets?<if he has, then yr prob is solved>

whatever u do, before enter hotel room pls knock on the door first and say , "sorry for disturbing u, but i need to stay here for a few days. please excuse me for causing u disturbance. thank u for letting me stay here"

this will let spirits know that you dont intend to do them harm/ purposely intrude upon their territory= lesser chance of being attacked by spirits

hope i managed to help

MayumiYoshiyuki is offline   Add to MayumiYoshiyuki's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 01:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
เพื่อนสนิท

eh... looks quite chio hor?
Thats why I said I fear more for the Puying Ghost than you

Btw......if you want to meet her in person, go to Mansion 7 at Huay Khwang, Ratchada!

Old 28th July 2011, 01:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

what is puying ghost?

are they evil ghost or just friendly spirits?

the ghosts that appeared in front of my family dont seem to be the friendly sort

especially since they cannot tolerate prayers/religious people <they seem to be of the evil kind...>

MayumiYoshiyuki added 2 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

i know thailand got nangnak, but never heard of puying before...

i even know got ghost child<people worship them and then ask the ghost to grant them wishes/protect them>

Last edited by MayumiYoshiyuki; 28th July 2011 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Post Bumping