Need Urgent help on to go to private driving instructor or to go to driving centre to learn driving - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Automobile Forum » Need Urgent help on to go to private driving instructor or to go to driving centre to learn driving

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

View Poll Results: Need Urgent Help on to go to private driving instructor or to go to driving centre to learn driving
Private Driving Instructor (please state in posts...thanks...) 6 46.15%
Driving Centre (please state in posts...thanks...) 7 53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th June 2008, 03:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
tiny is on a distinguished road

Need Urgent help on to go to private driving instructor or to go to driving centre to learn driving

Hihi...

Sobz...i need urgent help and advises on where i should go to learn my driving lessons...as i am currently being enrolled to Singapore Safety Driving Centre Pte Ltd (at ang mo kio) to learn my driving...and i have learned for around one month....spend more than $1800 to learn driving...but i am still unable to complete the course in order for me to be able to book for my driving test. And i estimated i still need around more than $1000 to be able to complete my courses....(that exclude the amount of money i need to do driving revision...and also to book my driving test dates and so on...)

I am thinking to back out from Singapore Safety Driving Centre and to learn it from private instructor whereby i believe will cost less...is it advisable? Or should i continue to spend more money to continue with what i am learning now?

Can anyone give me some advises on this because currently i am quite lost on what to do now...to continue or not to continue and go for private instructor...it is as if the driving centre is asking for more money and i don't even know when will i be able to complete my driving course and to be able to take my driving test...

Wanna ask everyone where are u learning your driving from? From private instructor or from driving centre? Which private instructor or driving centre are you learning from? Can provide the contact details so that i can contact the private driving instructor or driving centre?

Thankz...

Sponsors:
Old 30th June 2008, 08:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
JDoc is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Need Urgent help on to go to private driving instructor or to go to driving centre to learn driv

me learnt at ssdcl... 20 lessons finished cost 1200... advantatge is speed only

if you have budget prob, go private better

Old 30th June 2008, 07:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Re: Need Urgent help on to go to private driving instructor or to go to driving centre to learn driv

Originally Posted by tiny View Post
Hihi...

Sobz...i need urgent help and advises on where i should go to learn my driving lessons...as i am currently being enrolled to Singapore Safety Driving Centre Pte Ltd (at ang mo kio) to learn my driving...and i have learned for around one month....spend more than $1800 to learn driving...but i am still unable to complete the course in order for me to be able to book for my driving test. And i estimated i still need around more than $1000 to be able to complete my courses....(that exclude the amount of money i need to do driving revision...and also to book my driving test dates and so on...)

I am thinking to back out from Singapore Safety Driving Centre and to learn it from private instructor whereby i believe will cost less...is it advisable? Or should i continue to spend more money to continue with what i am learning now?

Can anyone give me some advises on this because currently i am quite lost on what to do now...to continue or not to continue and go for private instructor...it is as if the driving centre is asking for more money and i don't even know when will i be able to complete my driving course and to be able to take my driving test...

Wanna ask everyone where are u learning your driving from? From private instructor or from driving centre? Which private instructor or driving centre are you learning from? Can provide the contact details so that i can contact the private driving instructor or driving centre?

Thankz...

anyone have any advises or suggestions??? thanks...

Old 30th June 2008, 09:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
wizshar is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i took private at ubi driving centre and cost total 1k

I pass 1 time each for BTT, ATT and Final Driving test

wizshar is offline   Add to wizshar's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 10:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
qxnviolet is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I guess if im in your shoes i'll proberbly carry on with the lessons at SSDC due to the fact that you have already spent so much and you'll get a faster test date. After all, re-enrolling yourself with a private instructor will not guarantee that you'll be able to pass the test "faster". Within a month you took $1800 worth of lessons already? Maybe you are over-doing your lessons ba, how many lessons are you currently at? Would a change of pace help abit? Don't be too impatient, take your time and maybe just do a max of 2 or 3 lessons a week? Good luck! I took around 25 lessons at CDC.

Old 30th June 2008, 10:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
SimplyInVogue is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would encourage to continue at school too.
My friend took private and he failed mainly because he was not familar with circuit and being in school gives you advantage to be in circuit. Each time to go in circuit (+ lesson fees), it will costs about $60 (round up) for him.

Thus in order to make himself familarise with the circuit, he spend quite alot of $ to go in. Since you have already learning there, don't give up.

http://simply-in-vogue.blogspot.com

specializing in lenses (:
SimplyInVogue is offline   Add to SimplyInVogue's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 10:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
xxleoleoxx has a spectacular aura about

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

erm are u near finishing of ur course??? like got stages de ma.. for me i was in school for theories and decided to quit for privite pract as cheaper... total spent 1.3k on 2 attempts... so i will say pri is better

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!
http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=xxleoleoxx

xxleoleoxx A.K.A Leo_Ang3L™ Bear Bear :biggrin4:
xxleoleoxx is offline   Add to xxleoleoxx's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 10:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
JDoc is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

if you have difficulty getting to the final stage

private is cheaper

Old 30th June 2008, 10:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Originally Posted by xxleoleoxx View Post
erm are u near finishing of ur course??? like got stages de ma.. for me i was in school for theories and decided to quit for privite pract as cheaper... total spent 1.3k on 2 attempts... so i will say pri is better
I'm only half way there....have not completed my course yet...

One of my driving instructors(...i have 6 driving instructors up till now as i did not fix any specific instructors...) help me to estimate and he thinks i need around 10 more days of lessons...which equals to around $800 dollars more, plus i need revisions and so on..will need more than $1200 before taking driving tests...sobz...

Last edited by tiny; 30th June 2008 at 10:17 PM.
tiny is offline   Add to tiny's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 10:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
surely is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

juz continue with ur ssdc bah... halfway thru liao...

u take all weekend time slots isit how come so exp..?

Old 30th June 2008, 10:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm only half way there....have not completed my course yet...

One of my driving instructors(...i have 6 driving instructors up till now as i did not fix any specific instructors...) help me to estimate and he thinks i need around 10 more days of lessons...which equals to around $800 dollars more, plus i need revisions and so on..will need more than $1200 before taking driving tests...sobz...
Hrmz, i think dropping out now and switching to a private instructor will maybe cost you ard $1200 also or just abit cheaper? And switching to a different car if you go private might proberbly hinder your progress abit, not to mention the longer wait for a test date.

Old 30th June 2008, 11:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Originally Posted by surely View Post
juz continue with ur ssdc bah... halfway thru liao...

u take all weekend time slots isit how come so exp..?

nope, no weekend slots...just that i take it everyday...during weekdays...sobz

Old 30th June 2008, 11:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
xxleoleoxx has a spectacular aura about

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

everyday and still so slow?? hmmm cuz as far as i remember i thought is jus 25 lessons finish then can already? no? personally i think i made a right decision as the rates are much cheaper 24/hr but sch de actual circult is much better then priv those la... hmmm now u halfway liaoz so up 2 u lo..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!
http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=xxleoleoxx

xxleoleoxx A.K.A Leo_Ang3L™ Bear Bear :biggrin4:
xxleoleoxx is offline   Add to xxleoleoxx's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2008, 02:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

sobz.........what should i do...anyone have any further suggestions....sobz...

Old 1st July 2008, 09:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
jp16 has a spectacular aura about

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I took mine in BBDC, school aso. 2nd attempt then pass. Think i spend around 2k. But i really dunno how come u go so many lesson still aint able to book TP. I suggest u carry on school, if u perform well during lesson, then maybe the instructor "chop" more inside ur booklet, than u wont have needed so many lesson as what he say liao. errr... did u ever go for lesson without the instructor chop at ur booklet?

jp16 is offline   Add to jp16's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2008, 11:13 AM   #16 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

nope, no weekend slots...just that i take it everyday...during weekdays...sobz
Hrmz, if you are over-pacing yourself try to space out your lessons abit ba. Give your pocket ($$) and yourself some break in between lessons. Driving lessons can be very tiring too...especially if you are still studying or working. I found double (2 lessons in a row) sessions better than single ones, got more time to learn. The next lesson you go to ask the instructor what you need to improve on ba and concentrate on improving 1 thing at a time. Jia you!

Old 1st July 2008, 11:20 AM   #17 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xxleoleoxx View Post
everyday and still so slow?? hmmm cuz as far as i remember i thought is jus 25 lessons finish then can already? no? personally i think i made a right decision as the rates are much cheaper 24/hr but sch de actual circult is much better then priv those la... hmmm now u halfway liaoz so up 2 u lo..
LoL, thats pretty discouraging. Im not sure for SSDC but there isn't like a "fixed" number of lessons that a student must finish before he or she can take the TP for CDC. 25 is just an average number of lessons needed for an "normal" student like myself (haha) to gain sufficient skills to attempt the test. I had a fellow learner attempt his TP after just 15 lessons. I guess it all depends on the individual instructor.

tiny. Does your instructor give you something like a "review" after each lesson so at least you know what your "weak" areas are? If he doesn't, maybe you can ask him.

Old 1st July 2008, 12:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
PiDanBeR has a spectacular aura about

Liked 35 Times in 32 Posts

Hmm... If you have the budget, go for school... as school has higher percentage in pass than private... (That was told by my friends who's an instructor in driving centre)...
Go for private if have tight budget... And find one that is in very good terms with the school... =)

'President' of N.S.A. Club
http://www.sgclub.com/singapore/n_s_club_63148.html

------------------------ TheOne 'X' -------------------------
PiDanBeR is offline   Add to PiDanBeR's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2008, 01:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
wizshar is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yea, from what i see, i tink you should continue with your school BUT, take some break in between la...... why you wanna drive everyday?

Last time i only take once a week or twice a week only

wizshar is offline   Add to wizshar's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2008, 04:35 AM   #20 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Originally Posted by PiDanBeR View Post
Hmm... If you have the budget, go for school... as school has higher percentage in pass than private... (That was told by my friends who's an instructor in driving centre)...
Go for private if have tight budget... And find one that is in very good terms with the school... =)

I am a bit curious...why school has higher percentage in pass than private? I heard rumors from some frenz say that normally private is harder to pass because they teach more on roads as compare to circuit and most people lose their points at circuits such as directional change and vertical parking...and also private is harder to pass because some testers "will" fail private as compared to school because they are private ones and not from school...and those private ones will only pass on 2nd attempts...is that true??

Is it possible to take lessons from both side? i mean i stop with what i am learning in my sch now (not redraw first) and go to private...and if i am able to pass with private then i go for private if not i go back to sch...is it possible? ...Because if i were to redraw from the school now all the things i have learned up till now, and all the money i have spend and thrown in will be gone forever...sobz...

thanks....

Last edited by tiny; 2nd July 2008 at 05:39 AM.
tiny is offline   Add to tiny's Reputation Reply With Quote