Neville admits Liverpool dislike, aims jibe at City - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Sports Forum > Soccer Forums > Liverpool Fan Club » Neville admits Liverpool dislike, aims jibe at City

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th September 2010, 10:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
tcd
Addicted SGClubber
tcd is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Neville admits Liverpool dislike, aims jibe at City

Gary Neville has once again made little attempt to disguise his dislike for Liverpool, but the Manchester United defender has also taken aim at clubs who spend their way to success, rather than relying on a glorious history - a comment that will no doubt be interpreted as a dig at Manchester City.

Neville has been involved in a series of controversial incidents with United's rivals in recent seasons. In 2006 he was fined for celebrating in front of Liverpool fans and in January was involved in a public spat with City forward Carlos Tevez in a Carling Cup tie between the two teams.

While Neville freely admits he has an innate aversion to Liverpool given their rivalry with United, he is also unimpressed by certain clubs who view spending money as a shortcut to success.

"When I was younger there was no doubt about it," Neville said. "I was a United fan, they [Liverpool] were winning everything and it was a horrible time for my club, to be honest, through the 70s and 80s.

"I suppose it came from jealousy through my childhood - jealousy, hatred, passion for your own club. You don't want them [Liverpool] to win anything, and you don't like the people who are winning, just like I've seen in the last 15 or 16 years, from a good side, everybody is now 'we all hate Man United' - and they hate Man United because we are winning.

"I have more respect for Liverpool, in a sense of their tradition and their history, than I do some of the other clubs that have come on the scene in the last few years, throwing a load of money at it.

"They [Liverpool] have got a good history - you have to hand it to them - and they have been successful."

At 35, Neville's time as a top-flight player is approaching an end, but the United defender says he has no plans to move into management at present.

"I am a bit too emotional to be a football manager," Neville said. "If you look at Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes. They are quiet, considered and patient. They are probably more suited to modern-day management.

"I am doing my 'A' licence as a matter of course. It is what you should do. But at this moment in time, I haven't quite got the aptitude for it."

Source: soccernet

Sponsors:

Last edited by tcd; 10th September 2010 at 10:28 AM.
Add to tcd's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 12:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Infinite will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Neville admits Liverpool dislike, aims jibe at City

He should have retired long ago man, slow and old.

Old 11th September 2010, 10:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
tcd
Addicted SGClubber
tcd is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Neville admits Liverpool dislike, aims jibe at City

My respect for Gary Neville disappeared during that day he purposely gloat at liverpool fans with that pelvic thrust celebration. Fierce rivaly against the two team is understandable but if i recall correctly, there are no cases of liverpool/ManUnited players gloating at the 2 rival team like that in history.

Of cos, ManUnited fans can claim he doing it to show he loved his club (to me is utter bullshit, lack of respect & asking for trouble, he should have celebrate in front of ManUnited fans instead) and no wonder, liverpool fans surrounded him when he's in his car, blocking him & trying to overturn it. (Deserve it)

Neville is just a classless cu*nt, look at his response at his old teammate "Peter Schmeichel". Ryan Gigg(class) at least response with a pat on the back.

Last edited by tcd; 11th September 2010 at 11:02 AM.
tcd is offline   Add to tcd's Reputation Reply With Quote