New York Skin Solutions or Bioskin? - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read SGCShop  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Fashion & Beauty » New York Skin Solutions or Bioskin?

» Friends
Watch Free Movies Online
Celebrity News
Food Delivery

» Facebook Fans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-08-2008, 11:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Nikar is on a distinguished road

Credits: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Arrow New York Skin Solutions or Bioskin?

Which of the two should I go to? Anyone has any experiences?
Budget is one thing, because I'm not sure how much the final package will cost (they always advertise very low prices like S$28 per session + free products but I doubt it's that cheap).

More importantly, as long as they can cure my face, that's all I need.

My face got quite a bit of acne but it's not those red big ones.....it's more like "dead acne", not sure how to describe.

The acne is there, but when you use your hand to feel it, it's flat and very smooth, as if it's part of the face. Might have become a scar, but these scars are not like Mark Lee's kind of scars.

Anyway, I need to cure my face. Any recommendations would be nice as well, like Adonis etc.

I'm also thinking of going to the neighbourhood beauty shops but I heard they're run by PRCs and unlicensed ones? Any experience?

Thanks!
Nikar

Add to Nikar's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 10:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Mehda will become famous soon enoughMehda will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: New York Skin Solutions or Bioskin?

i went to NYSS before.. i signed up for th package, abt 12sessions. $1000plus.
not helping. i hate the red swollen effect after each sessions. the acne scars didn't go away too. sickening!
these kind of beauty centres, you've to keep signing up for th packages bah.
like after my 12sessions, need to sign up for other package to remove th scars and such. not cheap either.
i would suggest you see a doctor. DR CHAN @ Kovan.
consume th pills, wash with th cleanser and with acne cream.
many good reviews about him. visited personally too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0.
Mehda is offline   Add to Mehda's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 10:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tick Re: New York Skin Solutions or Bioskin?

Hi!

Thanks a lot for the reply.......but I used to see a dermatologist (skin doctor) once and it doesn't seem to help, though. He gave me some crappy cream and after apply, it "tones down" the acne etc., but after a few months, the acne come back and seems to become more resistant and the doctor give stronger cream and in the end, my skin cannot take it and of course, very itchy and I scratch everywhere and redness all around.

What I like to know is whether these dermatologists can treat acne scars too?
I think a good derma can cure all the pimples but not sure about the scars, since scars are more like for beauty centers.

also, i wonder if dermas will be very expensive and whether i need to keep going back to them.

Nikar is offline   Add to Nikar's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 11:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
strikerluis7 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

went to skin centre for treatment before.
i would say the medicine & cream they gave u is good but on the long run will have side effect.
for my case. frequent hunger here and there. and the pimples all went to my back.
since then stopped mediciation.
recently went NYSS. long term investment i would say. signed up for 10 session @ 1.7k
like wad Mehda say, they will always have the red swollen effect after each session. and u gotta signed on for more for treatment for scars etc after that.
still currently under treatment. so i cant gave really comments until my treatment finished etc. but be prepared to part off with ur money if u intend to go for it. =)

strikerluis7 is offline   Add to strikerluis7's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 12:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
pacrish is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Forget what NYSS, unless you got load of cash, your face will be perfect, reason they will target those who are rich and willingly to spend and tag you with the better beautician. I spend 4k plus over then and piece of **** in return.

Bioskin maybe

Old 22-08-2008, 12:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikar View Post
Hi!

Thanks a lot for the reply.......but I used to see a dermatologist (skin doctor) once and it doesn't seem to help, though. He gave me some crappy cream and after apply, it "tones down" the acne etc., but after a few months, the acne come back and seems to become more resistant and the doctor give stronger cream and in the end, my skin cannot take it and of course, very itchy and I scratch everywhere and redness all around.

What I like to know is whether these dermatologists can treat acne scars too?
I think a good derma can cure all the pimples but not sure about the scars, since scars are more like for beauty centers.

also, i wonder if dermas will be very expensive and whether i need to keep going back to them.

hmmm.. idk if you've sensitive skin and it just reacts strongly to th cream you've used before. but i think it's worth to try visitng DR CHAN cos he's known for treating acne. i've heard cases of my close ones clearing up their acne and you can google him online. saw another forum discussing about him too. at least compared to skincare centres, the charges for such clinic is lower. why not try visiting him, if it works, you can save a lot of money.
DR CHAN CLINIC: blk 212 hougang st 21 #01-327; 62882340

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0.
Old 22-08-2008, 01:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Ray Ang is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

but doctors prescible antibodies to u and too much of it is not good for ur health too

My life is like abox of chocolate.....:url=
href="
target="_blank">
google_ad_section_end -->
Ray Ang is offline   Add to Ray Ang's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 09:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks guys! Yeah, I think it would be a better choice to see doc chan. thanks for the add, mehda!

like what some of you say, NYSS is really too expensive and though i can afford it, it really pains my heart.

for > S$1500 - S$4000, i can spend the money on 2 week holiday to Bintan / Bali with my family + trip to batam with some money left over for xBox 360 games and new PC and maybe even circumcision.

thanks for the input. :-)

Old 22-08-2008, 04:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Thanks guys! Yeah, I think it would be a better choice to see doc chan. thanks for the add, mehda!

like what some of you say, NYSS is really too expensive and though i can afford it, it really pains my heart.

for > S$1500 - S$4000, i can spend the money on 2 week holiday to Bintan / Bali with my family + trip to batam with some money left over for xBox 360 games and new PC and maybe even circumcision.

thanks for the input. :-)

yeah~
hope you see the results soon!

Old 22-08-2008, 11:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
asumi is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I went to bioskin before, and also a current customer from new york skin.

For my point of view, bioskin does not really help for me. They let you choose, according to them, if you don't want them to squeeze your pimples, they have something to apply, which is suppose to decrease your pimple or something. A total waste of money, doesn't help at all.

For new york skin, prices are expensive due to many advertisements made by them. We're paying not only for our treatment, but also for their advertisement costs. But overall, unless you get a good consultant, else it's really no point continuing your treatment there. That is also why i'm stopping there soon after my current package.

Currently at bonafides. Price still not bad, at least you're really paying for something you can see results from. But most importantly, must get a good consultant and also you need to bare the pain. It might be very pain when the consultant do the squeezing of the pimples, but personally, it'll last me at least 1 month with less pimples popping out, when i use the serum purchased from them, recommended by my consultant. Really good. Those interested to sign up, i have a $50 discount for the first person to contact me. Can recommend you my really good and nice consultant too

asumi is offline   Add to asumi's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 12:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Mint will become famous soon enoughMint will become famous soon enough

Credits: 213
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts

I went for NYSS too, doesn't help at all. Besides, i don't see a single change on it. i have oily skin and bought their products. in reducing oil which i need to apply everyday. but after couple of hours, when i could still feel the cream, it was oily still.

C for Chicharito
Mint is offline   Add to Mint's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 10:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thanks guys, but i think for now, i'll try that kovan skin doctor first. the beauty centers are really too expensive to risk now.

Old 25-08-2008, 01:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
Noshuu is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm swearing off Bioskin. Not sure about their how useful it is for treatment but it's their service I'm pissed about.
I went for their trial and innocently asked about their hair removal package. I found it too expensive. I didn't say "I WANT TO SIGN UP FOR YOUR PACKAGE". I used an indirect method of rejecting by claiming I think I didn't have enough in my NETS(only had that then). The sales rep said "Oh never mind we can check and promptly hopped out of the room. I was shocked by her response but followed her out. She asked for my NETS card.

When I told her "I didn't say I wanted to sign for your package", her face turned sour SO QUICK! Then she tried to psycho me further by saying how bad my condition was BLAH BLAH. My bf came to pick me up then. She then tried to target my bf to make him pay for me. I insisted on making payment. If she couldn't get my hint and had continued with her hard-selling then, I would have made a racket in the shop

Noshuu is offline   Add to Noshuu's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2008, 02:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Light Bulb Re: New York Skin Solutions or Bioskin?

Thanks for the info. Now, we will all think twice before visiting these beauty centers. to some people like me, these tactics are very scary and i dunno how to reject them.

This isn't the first time, because i have also read on blogs that these companies use a lot of hard-sell tactics to pressure you.

not sure why they wanna do that, though.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
New SGClubber
feramando is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am a customar at NYSS. my dad spent about $500+ for a 10sessions basic cleaning package. all they do is extract impurities from your clogged pores and put a few masks. my face will be smooth for a few days but after that i will all come back. the extraction part is also very painful and it leaves red swollen marks too. i'm now currently waiting for my appointment at National Skin Centre. you may want to go to your nearest polyclinic and get a referral letter to National Skin Centre ?

feramando is offline   Add to feramando's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
winterale is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've never tried any of those 'beauty' centres, and I have no plans to go to any. I've suffered from bad acne for years and finally cleared up after going to SGH. It only took me 6 mths to get it treated and clear up.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thanks feramando, but i'll go dr chan's clinic at kovan.

heard he's a legendary skin doctor.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
phgoh is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

so have you went? haha.
from 16 aug till now.

you can give ur review when u have whet.
for us to reference. haha.

the rocker in my life ;Jiro
bear bear family tree club ;chibi bear

phgoh is offline   Add to phgoh's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ha ha, not this week......next week, around sat.

i think he should be a very good doc, because there's a thread in another forum with 17 WHOLE PAGES all dedicated to him.
holy shit.

it's like he's the skin doctor who descended from Heaven.
i will entrust my entire face to him.

Old 06-09-2008, 12:40 AM   #20 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
ha ha, not this week......next week, around sat.

i think he should be a very good doc, because there's a thread in another forum with 17 WHOLE PAGES all dedicated to him.
holy shit.

it's like he's the skin doctor who descended from Heaven.
i will entrust my entire face to him.

haha. hope your skin improves! ^^
it's really worth visiting DR CHAN.