Novena (yes that furniture shop) bad customer service - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > Shopping Lovers » Novena (yes that furniture shop) bad customer service

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st January 2010, 10:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
mushixx2 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Novena (yes that furniture shop) bad customer service

bought a set of sofa and a bed from them.

no complains abt quality (at least for the bed frame which has already arrived)

it's the customer service and delivery ... even certain salesmen i would say that does not meet the standard

firstly, i was told that the bed and sofa will arrive at different dates because they are from different company. the bed should arrive in 3 days which the salesman repeatedly assure us that there are sufficient goods in their warehouse. in the end my mum specially took the day off to wait for the bed.

nope they did not come. no call or notification at all. at the end of the day, we called the customer service. she did not offer to help us look for the relevant persons. instead she give us a list of numbers we could call to check. lol. if this is called customer service ... i rather they renamed to be called phone number provider.

Finally after several calls and directing from this call to next one, they finally directed us to call the salesman instead. we call and they gave us this lame reason that the salesman was on mc and they promise to call back the next day.

ok the next day we waited for his call till night. still the call did not come. in the end we called and the salesman reluctantly picked the call and apologise that he forgot to place the order!!! the subsequent few days no one from novena had the initiative to call us. everytime we had to call up to check on the progress.

the bed was 1 week late!

yesterday the same thing happened for the sofa which had not arrived. it was due to be delivered yesterday. same problem. no calls or notification that they are not coming!

we called. the person picked up said that shipment will only arrive this sat and deliver to us next wed. what the hell is this stupid company doing. don't they have any initiative to improve their service quality? their selection of staff is juz as bad as so far i've not seen anyone in the company which had good standards. i may be biased here but of all the people we have called, everyone is juz pushing ard.

here's juz to warn people who wish to buy from them. anyone facing the same situation are welcome to share so that we can warn more people.

Sponsors:

Last edited by mushixx2; 21st January 2010 at 10:32 AM.
Add to mushixx2's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 04:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
ShiWenBin is a jewel in the roughShiWenBin is a jewel in the rough

Liked 96 Times in 60 Posts
Re: Novena (yes that furniture shop) bad customer service

thanks..
once bitten twice shy le ba.

ShiWenBin is offline   Add to ShiWenBin's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 11:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
New SGClubber
lighterz is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

novena sales guy is rude and attitude.
can commit the delivery on monday, when the day comes, he says he don't know when can deliver the mattress. if you need the furniture on the exact date, i suggest you to do more research before you choose the place to shop.

lighterz is offline   Add to lighterz's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 01:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
New SGClubber
roxs is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

haha, was doing some furniture searching online and

i realize there's countless threads on the internet on novena's outstanding service quality

a thread here, that started from 2005 and the complaints were nonstop till now
singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/409/929.html?1235637872

roxs is offline   Add to roxs's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 10:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of

Liked 349 Times in 307 Posts

Yes, Novena had obtained a bad name since 2000, if I remembered correctly.

"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth". - 1 John 3:18
*StarDust* is offline   Add to *StarDust*'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 10:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
iHadyu will become famous soon enough

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Still my mom loves to buy from them. haiyaaa.

They didn't have a pen for my signature.
iHadyu is offline   Add to iHadyu's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 12:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of

Liked 349 Times in 307 Posts

I believe most customers are lured by their cheap sale tactics.

"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth". - 1 John 3:18
*StarDust* is offline   Add to *StarDust*'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2013, 11:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
POA
Cool SGClubber
POA will become famous soon enough

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

OMG! I just bought something there tonight

POA is offline   Add to POA's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2013, 11:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Gingerbread333 is a jewel in the roughGingerbread333 is a jewel in the rough

Liked 98 Times in 95 Posts

Originally Posted by POA View Post
QUICKKKK CANCEL THE ORDER IF POSSIBLE.

Gingerbread333 is offline   Add to Gingerbread333's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2013, 01:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
POA
Cool SGClubber

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gingerbread333 View Post
QUICKKKK CANCEL THE ORDER IF POSSIBLE.
Are we allowed to cancel? They already took a deposit of $300+ (charged to credit card)

Last edited by POA; 14th January 2013 at 01:19 AM.
Old 14th January 2013, 09:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
POA
Cool SGClubber

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Is the quality of their furniture good? I bought a 1/2 leather sofa.
Missing delivery date is not so much of a hassle for me (as long as they don't take ages to deliver, and inform me before hand if there is any delay). Most important to me is whether the sofa is comfortable, and durable. eg my old sofa lasted ~ 10 years before the leather started cracking (lucky, yah )

Last edited by POA; 14th January 2013 at 09:47 AM.
Old 14th January 2013, 11:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
Protege of Whitecorp
Tuition_czar is just really niceTuition_czar is just really nice

Liked 156 Times in 118 Posts

Originally Posted by POA View Post
Digging up a thread from 2 years ago just to whine?

Seriously??

Tuition_czar is offline   Add to Tuition_czar's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2013, 11:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
POA
Cool SGClubber

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuition_czar View Post

Seriously??
What's the matter with you? Looking for a fight?
Why are you such an obnoxious fellow?

Members who Liked this post by POA:
namelessname (17th January 2013)
Old 17th January 2013, 12:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
namelessname is a jewel in the roughnamelessname is a jewel in the rough

Liked 28 Times in 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuition_czar View Post

Seriously??
Why not?????

namelessname is offline   Add to namelessname's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2013, 12:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
albatross078 is on a distinguished road

Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts

never bought from them b4, their prices are kinda high by my standards

albatross078 is offline   Add to albatross078's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2015, 04:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
magdalene is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi,

I would like to share my most regrettable encounter with Novena Furniture, what better way then to share it here. In Oct 2014, I visited Novena Furniture at Balestier Road to reserve a dining table I took a liking to at their Sungei Kadut Branch. When I was there, it took a while as I was told that the price quoted by the Saleman at Sungei Kadut was wrong, and they tried to contact him to verify. Meanwhile they asked me to look at their beds promotion, and got another saleslady to serve me. I turned them down as I was tire and wanting to just settle the dining table and leave. However, the saleslady was extremely persistent that I tried their beds since I was waiting for the order of my dinning set to be printed. I kept insisting that I was not ready as I was still waiting for my fengshui report to be out, and reno would only start in Jan so I am in no rush. However, the still persistent saleslady, now together with the first saleslady offered me a 50% discount after saying that this is rare and only for me since Iíve bought something from them. She also assured me that I can change for other furniture if I do not find the bed suitable later on. Then the Salesman who seems to be the Manager there, also assured me the same thing, asking me to take advantage to lock in the discount. They kept assuring me that I could change the item later while maintaining the same discount. I was eventually pressured into paying a deposit of $360 for a $1199 bed. But I told myself, like they said, if I change my mind, I could get something else, not difficult to find something costing $360 right?

In Dec, when my Fengshui orientation came out, I realised the bed, as well as the dining chairs could not fit into the desired position. So I quickly went over to Balestier to inform them, and see what I could change. I could not find anything suitable as it was near CNY and a lot of small items were out of stock. I then asked to use the deposit I paid for the bed to offset the $900 dining table. To my dismay, they said I must change to something of the same price as the bed or more, and not base on the deposit I paid. I argued that this was not told to me. I had the impression while thereís no refund of deposit, I could use the deposit to buy something else, as in normal circumstances with other retailers. As they gave me no choice, I went to other branches hoping to see something I like. However, itís always either what I like and can afford, itís out of stock, or measurement cannot fit in and has to be custom made, which end up far over my budget. This dragged on for months.

Then in late January when it was time to move into my new home, I asked for the delivery of my dining table which cost $900. I had already paid a combined deposit of $730 on the bed and table then, and so I tried to just give them $170. They refused to accept and even threatened to take back the dining table which has already been set up. So in the end, I ended up paying them $1430 for a $900 dining table or no dining table for CNY Reunion dinner.

Itís May now, and we are still at loggerheads over the overpayment of $530 from me to them, which they are still claiming no refund, and insisting I have to buy something to the amount of $1199!

Why the drag? I am very busy with my work and travelling, and itís never easy to get the Sales Manager as every time I sms him, either he does not reply, off, or with customers. When we do talk, he just kept insisting no refund, need to buy same amount as order not deposit etc etc etc.

Would you buy something over a thousand dollars you do not need? I sure regret walking into Novena Furnitures ! Going to CASE...

magdalene is offline   Add to magdalene's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2015, 10:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
sunnyncool is a jewel in the roughsunnyncool is a jewel in the rough

Liked 113 Times in 98 Posts

Ok bad service don't buy from them. Anyway, I don't really like their furniture.

sunnyncool is offline   Add to sunnyncool's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2015, 10:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
Administrator
maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Liked 397 Times in 313 Posts

Originally Posted by magdalene View Post
Hi,

I would like to share my most regrettable encounter with Novena Furniture, what better way then to share it here. In Oct 2014, I visited Novena Furniture at Balestier Road to reserve a dining table I took a liking to at their Sungei Kadut Branch. When I was there, it took a while as I was told that the price quoted by the Saleman at Sungei Kadut was wrong, and they tried to contact him to verify. Meanwhile they asked me to look at their beds promotion, and got another saleslady to serve me. I turned them down as I was tire and wanting to just settle the dining table and leave. However, the saleslady was extremely persistent that I tried their beds since I was waiting for the order of my dinning set to be printed. I kept insisting that I was not ready as I was still waiting for my fengshui report to be out, and reno would only start in Jan so I am in no rush. However, the still persistent saleslady, now together with the first saleslady offered me a 50% discount after saying that this is rare and only for me since Iíve bought something from them. She also assured me that I can change for other furniture if I do not find the bed suitable later on. Then the Salesman who seems to be the Manager there, also assured me the same thing, asking me to take advantage to lock in the discount. They kept assuring me that I could change the item later while maintaining the same discount. I was eventually pressured into paying a deposit of $360 for a $1199 bed. But I told myself, like they said, if I change my mind, I could get something else, not difficult to find something costing $360 right?

In Dec, when my Fengshui orientation came out, I realised the bed, as well as the dining chairs could not fit into the desired position. So I quickly went over to Balestier to inform them, and see what I could change. I could not find anything suitable as it was near CNY and a lot of small items were out of stock. I then asked to use the deposit I paid for the bed to offset the $900 dining table. To my dismay, they said I must change to something of the same price as the bed or more, and not base on the deposit I paid. I argued that this was not told to me. I had the impression while thereís no refund of deposit, I could use the deposit to buy something else, as in normal circumstances with other retailers. As they gave me no choice, I went to other branches hoping to see something I like. However, itís always either what I like and can afford, itís out of stock, or measurement cannot fit in and has to be custom made, which end up far over my budget. This dragged on for months.

Then in late January when it was time to move into my new home, I asked for the delivery of my dining table which cost $900. I had already paid a combined deposit of $730 on the bed and table then, and so I tried to just give them $170. They refused to accept and even threatened to take back the dining table which has already been set up. So in the end, I ended up paying them $1430 for a $900 dining table or no dining table for CNY Reunion dinner.

Itís May now, and we are still at loggerheads over the overpayment of $530 from me to them, which they are still claiming no refund, and insisting I have to buy something to the amount of $1199!

Why the drag? I am very busy with my work and travelling, and itís never easy to get the Sales Manager as every time I sms him, either he does not reply, off, or with customers. When we do talk, he just kept insisting no refund, need to buy same amount as order not deposit etc etc etc.

Would you buy something over a thousand dollars you do not need? I sure regret walking into Novena Furnitures ! Going to CASE...
to be fair, they did not say you cld use the deposit to offset existing purchases. When you decided to lock-in the discount they offered you, you are actually committing to buying something from them. You were tempted by their discount and your desire to save some money. Nothing wrong with that, but you must know it is partly your own fault as well.

You could very well have said no and not give in their pressure tactics. And they did say you can change the item to something else, which i think they are willing to honor.

Having said that, i think its just really poor business decision to piss off customers like that. Whether they are right or wrong, it doesn't matter as much as a happy customer. Why force a customer to buy and create an enemy of the brand and certainly not possible future business? That's just penny wise pound foolish in my opinion. So even if they manage to force you to buy something now, i don't think its worth the cost to them with having an angry customer who are more often than not, likely to complain and write about them in forums like this.

As for you, what you can possibly do is to tell them that you have written about their bad conduct in online forums and show them the link. This might scare them into giving in.... But also understand, you did commit to buy from them.

Old 2nd November 2017, 12:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
New SGClubber
lavinomalaysia is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have met bad customer before until I have try this company LAVINO.
Try this online furniture platform if you want a good customer service to follow up. Price affordable and furniture still quality.

lavinomalaysia is offline   Add to lavinomalaysia's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2017, 02:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
New SGClubber
lavinomalaysia is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have met bad customer before until I have try this company LAVINO.
Try this online furniture platform if you want a good customer service to follow up. Price affordable and furniture still quality.

lavinomalaysia is offline   Add to lavinomalaysia's Reputation Reply With Quote