Official SGC abstinence before marriage Club - Page 2 - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > Love & Relationships » Official SGC abstinence before marriage Club

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th July 2011, 05:42 PM   #21 (permalink)
By2
V.l.P SGClubber
By2 is just really niceBy2 is just really nice

Liked 89 Times in 67 Posts
Re: Official SGC abstinence before marriage Club

im a virgin !!!! lololol !!!

Sponsors:
By2 is offline   Add to By2's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 06:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
dorae178 has a spectacular aura about

Liked 26 Times in 20 Posts

i agree that having a club that provides information on safe sex sounds more practical since there's no way u can verify whether someone abstains after joining this club...

Old 10th July 2011, 11:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Weztimonial is just really niceWeztimonial is just really nice

Liked 81 Times in 69 Posts

So how is this club going now?

Flickr
+1 REP if you think my post is AWESOME!
Weztimonial is offline   Add to Weztimonial's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 11:28 PM   #24 (permalink)
Lancelot is a splendid one to beholdLancelot is a splendid one to beholdLancelot is a splendid one to beholdLancelot is a splendid one to beholdLancelot is a splendid one to behold

Liked 90 Times in 62 Posts

Originally Posted by dorae178 View Post
i agree that having a club that provides information on safe sex sounds more practical since there's no way u can verify whether someone abstains after joining this club...
So you would support this club if it is formed?

Lancelot is offline   Add to Lancelot's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 11:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
Pushémon
Aiyilin is a splendid one to beholdAiyilin is a splendid one to beholdAiyilin is a splendid one to beholdAiyilin is a splendid one to beholdAiyilin is a splendid one to beholdAiyilin is a splendid one to behold

Liked 349 Times in 281 Posts

Lols。我不知道。以后的事很难预料。(In Ang Moh accent)

Aiyilin is offline   Add to Aiyilin's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 10:26 AM   #26 (permalink)
Administrator
maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Liked 397 Times in 313 Posts

aiyo, this is just for fun and to let everyone know that there are others who support the same principles as you. if you wanna lie to get in, so be it lah. the whole idea is to encourage ppl to abstain (from now onwards) till you make that 'for better or worse' commitment to that someone special.

if you subscribe to this principle, or want to, you shld sign up

Old 11th July 2011, 10:53 AM   #27 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
xose will become famous soon enough

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

I am married, I have a son.

And I would like to sign up

xose is offline   Add to xose's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 11:05 AM   #28 (permalink)
Administrator
maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Liked 397 Times in 313 Posts

Originally Posted by xose View Post
I am married, I have a son.

And I would like to sign up
sorry, u don't qualify

*kicks out*

Old 11th July 2011, 06:37 PM   #29 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
dorae178 has a spectacular aura about

Liked 26 Times in 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
So you would support this club if it is formed?
yes, although some may say that nowadays people can just get whatever info they need from google but having such a club in a forum allows discussion if one bothers to ask for help.

Old 12th July 2011, 03:56 PM   #30 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Magnum^Spin is a jewel in the roughMagnum^Spin is a jewel in the rough

Liked 93 Times in 69 Posts

My soul is pure but my body's pure evil... the mind is strong but body is weak... can't join.

But cool idea though :p sure got everyone talking about it :p

Magnum^Spin is offline   Add to Magnum^Spin's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 09:17 PM   #31 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
babyrinz is just really nicebabyrinz is just really nicebabyrinz is just really nice

Liked 146 Times in 106 Posts

join join ^_^

babyrinz is offline   Add to babyrinz's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 03:42 PM   #32 (permalink)
New SGClubber
tastetherainbow is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

does male masturbation count as losing his virginity?

does female masturbation count as her losing her viriginity?

what IS virginity?

When was it given? How can it be lost?

Sorlie. Just losing it again.

tastetherainbow is offline   Add to tastetherainbow's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 03:58 PM   #33 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
mrruixiangz will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tastetherainbow View Post

what IS virginity?

If you want to consider masturbation...then its super difficult...

mrruixiangz is offline   Add to mrruixiangz's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 04:12 PM   #34 (permalink)
New SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrruixiangz View Post
If you want to consider masturbation...then its super difficult...
Look, the point is not whether virgin or not virgin.

YES Virginity IS Important!
But so is the condom!

The problem is how long can you last without Sex!
The kamma sutta lists dozens of ways you can have sex, and your general sex education also suggests dozens of ways you can prevent conception or transmission of sexually transmitted diseases.

When I had my first sexual intercourse, I was 29. I am 30 this year. Is that early or late? Have I missed the boat or something? My other half, I barely know, said not first time. How to prove? Used three condoms, no experinece mah. After that I worry for so many days I went to go SATA for two rounds of HIV checkups, first round say ok, but 6 months later come back again. I don't understand what the nurse meant, so I came back 3 months later. Luckily both passed.

Just two months ago I had a second intercourse, this time another person. One condom settle it all, then quickly rush to pick sibling back from school. I still haven't decide whether to go for checkup or not.

The point is, the danger is real!

But what is the problem we are trying to solve here?

Is it Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs 4th or is it 5th layer, the human desire for intimacy, vs the 3rd or is it 4th layer, the need for emotional and physical security.

You want to be a virgin? Fine by all means go ahead.

You want to be a monk too? Well, the Buddha said you gotta ask your parents first...

I think where my experience has gotten me so far, it is not a problem to be or not to be. It is a issue of being true to yourself. If you know that that joker is not going to be your lifelong partner, why give your first time to him? Unless you are saying you are that desperate (like me) or that drunk (like tV).

Everything is about problem solving skills, and whether sexual intimacy, before-or-after, is a problem or not, it depends on whether you perceive it as a problem or not. If it is a problem, then fine, you will fine a solution. If it is not a problem, then it will be like my past two encounters, I wonder if the two idiots remember to use a condom the next time they get into the same situation or not>.

Last edited by workingtoohard; 20th July 2011 at 09:33 AM. Reason: remove explicit content
tastetherainbow is offline   Add to tastetherainbow's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 04:20 PM   #35 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
poopeeka is just really nicepoopeeka is just really nice

Liked 104 Times in 69 Posts

what IS virginity?

Nice questions Not enough people ask it, and not enough are comfortable with answering it.

Virginity = Seal of Freshness

Virginity is a concept from olden times when men dominated society and women were bartering pieces. It was basically a way of promoting their women to make them more attractive to potential suitors. However after Virginity is confirmed (and sold away) the next quality comes Fertility = Tastiness and Nutrition level.

The moment you pop it, its sold. However in some societies people refuse to buy girls after the seal is popped, but they're perfectly fine buying the popped guys. Depends on who you're selling it to mainly, and it also depends on the content inside the seal. Some contents are so delicious that even after getting popped, people still want to have it.

The only way to rebuke the concept of Virginity is to believe in an ideology that minimizes its importance-- ala Free Love, the Hippie fad of the 1960's. But on that note, you'd have to find people who believe in it as well.

As for Masturbation, think of it as a sneak peak of an upcoming movie. Some people are horrified and disgusted at the idea of spoiling oneself before the movie even begins, while some others find it a no-biggie and prefer to get spoiled to know whether the movie is worth their money before they buy the tickets.

Last edited by poopeeka; 13th July 2011 at 04:21 PM.
poopeeka is offline   Add to poopeeka's Reputation Reply With Quote
Members who Liked this post by poopeeka:
yuko1yuko (25th October 2013)
Old 13th July 2011, 04:32 PM   #36 (permalink)
New SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rubbish.

I am not saying or suggesting that what you uphold and preach are wrong.

I am just saying that when you go to the psychotherapist and tell the doctor, I think I am crazy, and he asks you to show him your mind so that he can treat it, the ptoblem is, how can you show him ur mind? Where is the mind even located?

If you cannot even locate it in the first place, like virginity, how can it be lost (edit: or treated?)

still, i enjoyed ur anecdote about the sael of freshness. feels like... a bottle of soured pickles. like what it tastes like after u don't wash your meimei and didi properly

Last edited by tastetherainbow; 13th July 2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 13th July 2011, 06:55 PM   #37 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
mrruixiangz will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rubbish.

I am just saying that when you go to the psychotherapist and tell the doctor, I think I am crazy, and he asks you to show him your mind so that he can treat it, the ptoblem is, how can you show him ur mind? Where is the mind even located?

If you cannot even locate it in the first place, like virginity, how can it be lost (edit: or treated?)

still, i enjoyed ur anecdote about the sael of freshness. feels like... a bottle of soured pickles. like what it tastes like after u don't wash your meimei and didi properly
While I do agree that the 'preciousness' of virginity is a little over-rated, it does, to a certain extent, say something about your attitude towards love and relationships. Sex is, after all, the deepest level of physical intimacy that two person can reach together.

I wouldn't mind if my future girlfriend or wife is or is not a virgin, but my warning system will surely ring if I find out that she had sex with 10 or more men before me (just a random number), none of them her boyfriend (or boyfriends for less than 6 month).

Meanwhile, I will abide by abstinence before marriage. True, there's no way for guys to prove whether or not he is virgin, his experience level, etc. But this is not the point. Abstinence is not something you do to show off to people or wayang to your gf/bf that you have 'high moral values'.

Its about me, myself and my attitude towards relationship between a couple. I will never have sex with a girl until I've make the commitment and vow to stay by her regardless of whatever that may happen. I will never use her body to satisfy my lust until I can make sure that I can connect with her emotionally first. This is my respect and love for my future spouse.

mrruixiangz is offline   Add to mrruixiangz's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 08:36 PM   #38 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
Agedman will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rubbish.

Are you a gal? are you chio, if so lets BANG

Old 13th July 2011, 08:54 PM   #39 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
poopeeka is just really nicepoopeeka is just really nice

Liked 104 Times in 69 Posts

Rubbish.

?? I was preaching? Besides I'm not here to dictate, I'm just offering my opinions.

Firstly there is a way of checking for the Virginity of Females, that is by the tearing and bleeding of the hymen. Which is why I used the Seal of Freshness as an analogy. In olden days, newly wed brides were judged by the blood on the sheets. Although scientific studies have shown that not all hymens bleed, it is still a measuring stick for most.

The virginity of guys on the other hand, like the existence of god, is something most believes exists and a lot of people swear by but no one has been able to prove with concrete evidence yet.

While I liked the fact that you chose to question the concept of virginity instead of taking it as a matter of fact part of life, your attitude and response leaves much to be desired. The analogy I've used is to be thought about, not taken as it is. As virginity is not some tangible object you can touch and hold, I can't give you concrete answers or a THIS IS VIRGINITY chart so you can use it to find whatever Virginity is.

Instead I use analogies and talk about ideological concepts because that is what Virginity is, an idea of how a person should be, should behave. Virginity is more an attitude than a physical quality, an Ideal instead of a Itemized part of the human body. If you can't even grasp that Virginity has less to do with the physical than the mental, then you can flush down the drain everything I've just typed.

Last edited by poopeeka; 13th July 2011 at 08:58 PM.
poopeeka is offline   Add to poopeeka's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 09:53 PM   #40 (permalink)
Lancelot is a splendid one to beholdLancelot is a splendid one to beholdLancelot is a splendid one to beholdLancelot is a splendid one to beholdLancelot is a splendid one to behold

Liked 90 Times in 62 Posts

You know poopeeka. Sometimes I open a can, nicely sealed and all, only to discover that it did not present to me fresh stuff, but rotten crap festering in a can.

You can't judge a can by its seal.

Lancelot is offline   Add to Lancelot's Reputation Reply With Quote