Originally Posted by st_lukeva
sorry really dun noe where to post. i had use creative dtt3500 and gigawork s750 with ddts-100 b4.
all of them dun have to set anything. really a noob of amps. onkyo tx-sr707 have so much things to
set and dun noe which type of speaker to buy. i tried reading from net still very "chim". can someone
pls make long story short. can any kind soul pls enlighten me. thanks a million
1: any 7 speakers and 2 sub to recommend? buget range 500 to 800
2: bi amp, bi wiring and normal is better?
3: do we really need to set the distance?
4: there is a setting to set mhz from 40 to 200, so mhz is best?
5: how to set the crossover?
6: in setting of speaker impedance i can either choose 4ohms or 6ohms but on the back of the amp 4ohms to 16ohms.
so which is which? my s750 is 8ohms can i still pre out?
thank you all so much!!!
1) Budget too low. Unless you're considering used, cube speakers or similar crap, you're not getting anything with that budget.
2) Bi amp only if your speakers are able to be bi-amped.
3) No. Unless you can hear 'lag' between the sound from the front and rear channels.
4) 40Hz cuts out most of the punch bass, whereas 200Hz gives you punch, but the subwoofer becomes muddy due to the high frequencies it has to play. I usually set my Xover at 60-70Hz to get some punch whilst letting the sub remain 'hidden'.
5) Check your user manual.
6) 4-16ohms describes the impedance range of the speakers that this amp can drive. The usual recommended impedance is 8 ohms. Amps tend to be less efficient driving speakers with higher or lower impedances.