OPen-net - Page 2 - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Gadgets & Geeks > Computers & Electronics > Everything Internet » OPen-net

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th October 2009, 03:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
cisco is a splendid one to beholdcisco is a splendid one to beholdcisco is a splendid one to beholdcisco is a splendid one to beholdcisco is a splendid one to beholdcisco is a splendid one to beholdcisco is a splendid one to beholdcisco is a splendid one to beholdcisco is a splendid one to behold

Liked 32 Times in 30 Posts
Default Re: OPen-net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ng View Post
Cisco,

Phy connection do affect your speed however having not enough
RAM do also affect your speed. For example you want to download a
512mb data and you only have 512mb RAM do you think you can be fast.
Graphic card will also affect your speed as we will have some photo or
picture in these thing we want to down load. Many things can affect
our download speed.

Read this ----> http://computer.howstuffworks.com/question175.htm
It make your system fast but now bandwidth fast, nevermind you still don't understand what I trying to say

If you want lockerz.com account send email here

CCNA, CEH, CHFI, CWSP, MCTS
cisco is offline   Add to cisco's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 04:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Rhapsody will become famous soon enoughRhapsody will become famous soon enoughRhapsody will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

eh i never keep up with this fibre optics thing. cisco fill me in leh. what's happening

actually i'm also considering to move to a laptop platform totally. not now but within the next 5 years. still weighing the pros and cons.

Rhapsody is offline   Add to Rhapsody's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 04:22 PM   #23 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
cisco is a splendid one to beholdcisco is a splendid one to beholdcisco is a splendid one to beholdcisco is a splendid one to beholdcisco is a splendid one to beholdcisco is a splendid one to beholdcisco is a splendid one to beholdcisco is a splendid one to beholdcisco is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
eh i never keep up with this fibre optics thing. cisco fill me in leh. what's happening

actually i'm also considering to move to a laptop platform totally. not now but within the next 5 years. still weighing the pros and cons.
Read this article you will understand it

Last edited by cisco; 26th October 2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 26th October 2009, 04:28 PM   #24 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Rhapsody will become famous soon enoughRhapsody will become famous soon enoughRhapsody will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

nani..thought you'll summarise for me. i lazy to read =p

Old 26th October 2009, 04:34 PM   #25 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Quote:
nani..thought you'll summarise for me. i lazy to read =p
I lazy to summarise but just basically we will have fibre optic connection up before or in 2015 so the next generation of broadband on 1Gbps can be up, now those contractor are doing the installation of fibre optic in some area of Singapore

Old 26th October 2009, 04:46 PM   #26 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wuuaah. 1gbps. 2015.. just in time. good good =] estimated year for rig overhaul.

Old 26th October 2009, 04:49 PM   #27 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Quote:
wuuaah. 1gbps. 2015.. just in time. good good =] estimated year for rig overhaul.
Either by 2012 or 2015 all our ISP are able to get fibre optic connection for us, anyway this is the old technology already, Japan and Korea already on fibre optic long way before us, we are too late to implement it here

Old 26th October 2009, 04:55 PM   #28 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Henry Ng is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wide Grin Re: OPen-net

Cisco, I understand what you are saying. If you have a fast broadband but your system is slow then you will not be able to get your data fast. Simple as that. Web server speed is also very important for example All of us go to Toto website to check the Toto result at the same time then it will be very slow. I think by 2012 the new broadband may be already ready. I believe by then some factory will came out with some network adaptor that can support that high speed of 1Gbps.

Henry Ng is offline   Add to Henry Ng's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 04:56 PM   #29 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Quote:
Cisco, I understand what you are saying. If you have a fast broadband but your system is slow then you will not be able to get your data fast. Simple as that. Web server speed is also very important for example All of us go to Toto website to check the Toto result at the same time then it will be very slow. I think by 2012 the new broadband may be already ready. I believe by then some factory will came out with some network adaptor that can support that high speed of 1Gbps.
Nevermind

Old 26th October 2009, 05:02 PM   #30 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tick Re: OPen-net

Correct, it is true that fibre optic connection is not new tech. By 2012 we should be ready to enjoy the new broadband.

Last edited by Henry Ng; 26th October 2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 26th October 2009, 07:31 PM   #31 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Quote:
Correct, it is true that fibre optic connection is not new tech. By 2012 we should be ready to enjoy the new broadband.
People enjoy in 2002 but we enjoy in 2012 or 2015

Old 26th October 2009, 09:46 PM   #32 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Which country has it in 2002? I only know that it is not new and many country has it already so it is a little slow. If you read that website which you have also send out as a link, you will notice that it mention home network can use WiFi and honestly Wi Fi is not fast enough for 1gbps if we use Wi Fi it will be slower than using cable to wired to the Ethernet card in the CPU. I am surprise to see they say loop the connection back to the phone line and then we connect the PC to the telephone socket. Using the phone line will slow us down. I agree we are not so high tech and a little too slow. I saw people doing the cable at the man holes along the road. I think they manage to do it faster now and I am q. confident to say 2012 it should be ready. I think by then I will have to change my computer for sure as I will never to have a computer with the spec that is best for using this new broadband.

Last edited by Henry Ng; 26th October 2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 26th October 2009, 09:48 PM   #33 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Quote:
Which country has it in 2002? I only know that it is not new and many country has it already so it is a little slow. If you read that website which you have also send out as a link, you will notice that it mention home network can use WiFi and honestly Wi Fi is not fast enough for 1gbps if we use Wi Fi it will be slower than using cable to wired to the Ethernet card in the CPU. I am surprise to see they say loop the connection back to the phone line and then we connect the PC to the telephone socket. Using the phone line will slow us down. I agree we are not so high tech and a little too slow.

Which country I will leave it to you to Google it yourself, I expect people to do their own read up

Old 26th October 2009, 11:12 PM   #34 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Let me do some home work.

Old 26th October 2009, 11:15 PM   #35 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Quote:
Let me do some home work.
Cause I hate to spoon feed others similarly I hate others to spoon feed me

Old 27th October 2009, 08:38 AM   #36 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
reccacomic is on a distinguished road

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

lolz! I think I know what's the problem... cisco is taking about bits transfering from the internet to our computer while Henry Ng is talking about the already transfered bits to our computers.

The speed where we get the information depends on the connection speed, but the speed that the information loads onto your computer depends on the RAM Graphic card you have etc. So now our hardware now might have problem keeping up with the internet speed...

Like I say whether you can enjoy the full speed also depends on your adaptor card too...

*On side note
Quote:
Which country has it in 2002? I only know that it is not new and many country has it already so it is a little slow. If you read that website which you have also send out as a link, you will notice that it mention home network can use WiFi and honestly Wi Fi is not fast enough for 1gbps if we use Wi Fi it will be slower than using cable to wired to the Ethernet card in the CPU. I am surprise to see they say loop the connection back to the phone line and then we connect the PC to the telephone socket. Using the phone line will slow us down. I agree we are not so high tech and a little too slow. I saw people doing the cable at the man holes along the road. I think they manage to do it faster now and I am q. confident to say 2012 it should be ready. I think by then I will have to change my computer for sure as I will never to have a computer with the spec that is best for using this new broadband.
Fibre optic uses light to transfer the data and not electricity like the phone like we have now. And fibre optic is much thinner/ flexible than the copper wire (Meaning longer lifespan and bendable etc). So compare the speed of electric and light, which is faster? So nope, Wi-Fi will be able to enjoy the full 1Gpbs.

Last edited by reccacomic; 27th October 2009 at 08:46 AM. Reason: adding info
reccacomic is offline   Add to reccacomic's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 09:20 AM   #37 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Smart La. Must have both fast connection and good hardware then you are very fast.

Old 27th October 2009, 10:02 AM   #38 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by reccacomic View Post
lolz! I think I know what's the problem... cisco is taking about bits transfering from the internet to our computer while Henry Ng is talking about the already transfered bits to our computers.

The speed where we get the information depends on the connection speed, but the speed that the information loads onto your computer depends on the RAM Graphic card you have etc. So now our hardware now might have problem keeping up with the internet speed...

Like I say whether you can enjoy the full speed also depends on your adaptor card too...

*On side note

Fibre optic uses light to transfer the data and not electricity like the phone like we have now. And fibre optic is much thinner/ flexible than the copper wire (Meaning longer lifespan and bendable etc). So compare the speed of electric and light, which is faster? So nope, Wi-Fi will be able to enjoy the full 1Gpbs.
Are you in networking line?

Old 27th October 2009, 01:10 PM   #39 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
reccacomic is on a distinguished road

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Whahahaha!!! I'm not. Just that I'm good with computers and networking and stuff. (But I'm not a IT graduate) Just that my job requires me to know all this stuff...

reccacomic is offline   Add to reccacomic's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 01:34 PM   #40 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by reccacomic View Post
Whahahaha!!! I'm not. Just that I'm good with computers and networking and stuff. (But I'm not a IT graduate) Just that my job requires me to know all this stuff...
What job maybe can join you also? Cause here don't have much people good in networking only lots of them good in hardware which I don't see the point