Parents scolding you for over stupid stuff. - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > Love & Relationships > Family Matters » Parents scolding you for over stupid stuff.

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th August 2009, 02:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
PassionSwirls is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Parents scolding you for over stupid stuff.

does your parents scold you for stupid stuff? mine does.

I didn't sleep the whole night, just to mug. got scolded.

I slept late to mug, got scolded! and they think that i never sleep the whole night just because i was too tired and forgot to switch off the lights when i slept. got scolded for the whole day and didn't manage to study damn.

woke up at 12 today cos i slept at about 3am. tml is my paper already so i stayed up to study also. ate bread and drank coffee. bread plus water confirm make you damn bloated. i told them i dowan lunch. but they bought it and forced me to eat at 2pm. feeling damn full, i just ate the char siew and wan ton plus a bit of mee. but they scolded me for not finishing the food and expect me to finish it.

told them that i would eat but i will vomit it all out later, so there's no point. started scolding. i ignored and went into the room to mug. but till now, my father is still scolding me from the outside.

i already lost my mood to study, and he's still scolding me from the outside. how to i suppose to continue mugging like that???

Sponsors:
Old 24th August 2009, 02:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
lovewendy will become famous soon enough

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Re: Parents scolding you for over stupid stuff.

do u dare to scold them back?

Old 24th August 2009, 02:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i will get hit if i do.i have a violent father. =(

Old 24th August 2009, 02:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
cloudzero is an unknown quantity at this point

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

heyz.. maybe u can go to the library to study? (: sometimes study at home its nt a gd idea too..

Last edited by cloudzero; 24th August 2009 at 02:46 PM.
cloudzero is offline   Add to cloudzero's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 02:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
เพื่อนสนิท
Peuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud of

Liked 112 Times in 86 Posts

As a growing child/teenager, you need sufficient rest. Sleeping irregularly will affect your concentration and your health in the long run. - They have your interest at heart.

I slept late to mug, got scolded! and they think that i never sleep the whole night just because i was too tired and forgot to switch off the lights when i slept. got scolded for the whole day and didn't manage to study damn.
It takes less then 10 seconds to walk to the switch and turn the lights off. By leaving it on, you are wasting energy and it will increase the electricity bill. You are not working and won't feel the pinch.

woke up at 12 today cos i slept at about 3am. tml is my paper already so i stayed up to study also. ate bread and drank coffee. bread plus water confirm make you damn bloated. i told them i dowan lunch. but they bought it and forced me to eat at 2pm. feeling damn full, i just ate the char siew and wan ton plus a bit of mee. but they scolded me for not finishing the food and expect me to finish it.
Your parents work hard to put food on the table for you. You are wasting food by not finishing it. Think about those people that is starving in the World right now.

told them that i would eat but i will vomit it all out later, so there's no point. started scolding. i ignored and went into the room to mug. but till now, my father is still scolding me from the outside.
The fact is that you ignored them. You should have sat down and explained to them. When you are a parent in future, you will understand better.

Old 24th August 2009, 02:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cloudzero View Post
heyz.. maybe u can go to the library to study? (: sometimes study at home its nt a gd idea too..
i can only study at home. habit heheh.

Originally Posted by Peuan Sanit View Post
As a growing child/teenager, you need sufficient rest. Sleeping irregularly will affect your concentration and your health in the long run. - They have your interest at heart.

It takes less then 10 seconds to walk to the switch and turn the lights off. By leaving it on, you are wasting energy and it will increase the electricity bill. You are not working and won't feel the pinch.

Your parents work hard to put food on the table for you. You are wasting food by not finishing it. Think about those people that is starving in the World right now.

The fact is that you ignored them. You should have sat down and explained to them. When you are a parent in future, you will understand better.
regarding the first two, i know its sort of like my fault. i sleep in the day and study at night. =) cos in the day its sort of noisy.but the thing is i fell asleep unknowingly. how am i suppose to off the lights?

the third. i told them NOT TO BUY food for me. they insisted. i told them i am feeling very bloated. maybe later i go out and buy food or i eat bread if i am hungry.

i have to ignore. they won't stop and i won't have time to study. =) and my father doesn't stop for the whole day even if its a very small matter.

Old 24th August 2009, 03:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
เพื่อนสนิท
Peuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud of

Liked 112 Times in 86 Posts

Originally Posted by PassionSwirls View Post
regarding the first two, i know its sort of like my fault. i sleep in the day and study at night. =) cos in the day its sort of noisy.but the thing is i fell asleep unknowingly. how am i suppose to off the lights?

the third. i told them NOT TO BUY food for me. they insisted. i told them i am feeling very bloated. maybe later i go out and buy food or i eat bread if i am hungry.

i have to ignore. they won't stop and i won't have time to study. =) and my father doesn't stop for the whole day even if its a very small matter.
Well! I guess that don't want their child to go hungry.

Have a nice and matured chat with your parents.

Old 24th August 2009, 03:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well! I guess that don't want their child to go hungry.

Have a nice and matured chat with your parents.
i would be really glad to do that. but they always don't listen to me and think that they are right. even if i do tell them very very nicely.

Old 24th August 2009, 03:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
Felser Hueruza is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Occasionally. Mostly because they were stressed from work, so I'll just let it be.

Just try having a chat with them. It does help.

Felser Hueruza is offline   Add to Felser Hueruza's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 04:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
nilnuk is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

such a studious kid, any parent would be lucky to have u

nilnuk added 2 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

my parents dun have any chance to scold me cos they dun see me when i am in army n uni.after 6 years i come back, my bed gone le....

Last edited by nilnuk; 24th August 2009 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Post Bumping
nilnuk is offline   Add to nilnuk's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 04:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
princess-selina will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I suggest if next time you want to study overnight , go to Mcdonald's or any 24hours operation cafes etc .

No point arguing with parents cos most parents will always think that they are always right . Just listen and orh all the time lohhs .

But still , you shouldn't sleep so late all the time . At least get 6 hours of sleep each day . Don't be an owl as you will suffer when you go back to school .

princess-selina is offline   Add to princess-selina's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 04:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Krystleee is a jewel in the roughKrystleee is a jewel in the rough

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PassionSwirls View Post
i would be really glad to do that. but they always don't listen to me and think that they are right. even if i do tell them very very nicely.
Its not that they don't wanna listen to you, they just don't understand why their kids nowadays have their sleeping patterns jumbled up and it irks them alot. They expected you to be the norm. Same goes for my parents.

You're studying, they're working. Both are having like stressful periods in life.

They're going through economical downturn + recession + supporting the whole family, and you, going through the motions of having to study for important exams.

I think as we as children, have to be more understanding towards our parents.

Hmmmmmm, you can find ways to communicate with them like maybe writing letters, or creating solutions for communication breakdown.

You're their daughter, and they are your parents. It won't hurt just to have a nice heart to heart chat with them, so try it!

All the best for your exams.

Krystleee is offline   Add to Krystleee's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 04:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Mr.Fudge will become famous soon enough

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

Peuan Sanit has pointed out your mistakes. For my family, the only way to solve problems is to have a meeting point whereby family members will gather in the kitchen table and talk while having dinner.

Try to talk using soft tone if problem hasn't been solve.

Mr.Fudge is offline   Add to Mr.Fudge's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 04:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
breakurhead has a spectacular aura about

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Same situation...coz my family sleep damm early...i mug to 12am they grumble at me already

breakurhead is offline   Add to breakurhead's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 05:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
FlattenedCake will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ear plugs..................... or dun come out of rooom. or shout back that ur studyin and not doing stupid time-consuming stuff like posting on forums ;X heh

Old 24th August 2009, 06:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
sebastian88 will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i think you got to talk to them bah? i also got the same case..

i wanna mug at night on saturday night like 10+ .. instead they go ask me go sleep for some reason i felt that saturday night can be a good time to study..

sebastian88 is offline   Add to sebastian88's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 06:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Pinkgrapes2007 will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

aiya parents tend to be more naggy de...it's mostly for your own good: save electricity, sleep early for your own good health, eat more for your own body wellness, dun waste food becos other countries pple no food to eat u know!!!!

Old 24th August 2009, 06:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Stuoid_Panda is a jewel in the roughStuoid_Panda is a jewel in the rough

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

agree wif u

also i dont understand why need to mug at nite.
can u even absord wat u study.
i see alot of them mug at airport at nite. if me i rather sleep.
even i work nite shift n got sleep in the afternoon still feel sleepy

CitrusChest/deviantArt\"My head hurts, i think i nvr use it much" Patrick Starfish
Stuoid_Panda is offline   Add to Stuoid_Panda's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 06:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Krystleee is a jewel in the roughKrystleee is a jewel in the rough

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuoid_Panda View Post
agree wif u

also i dont understand why need to mug at nite.
can u even absord wat u study.
i see alot of them mug at airport at nite. if me i rather sleep.
even i work nite shift n got sleep in the afternoon still feel sleepy
Maybe her environment is different and not conducive for her enough to study. For example, parents, siblings talk real loudly, TV distractions, grandmas opening the door every one hour, ETC.

I feel if she had a choice, she won't be studying in the night as well! =P

Everyone have different study/learning patterns.. but hahaha, most feel its fun to go to the airport to mug at night.

Quiet, no naggings, air conditioned, clean toilets, readily can get food, why not?! =P

Krystleee is offline   Add to Krystleee's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 06:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Stuoid_Panda is a jewel in the roughStuoid_Panda is a jewel in the rough

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Krystleee View Post
Maybe her environment is different and not conducive for her enough to study. For example, parents, siblings talk real loudly, TV distractions, grandmas opening the door every one hour, ETC.

I feel if she had a choice, she won't be studying in the night as well! =P

Everyone have different study/learning patterns.. but hahaha, most feel its fun to go to the airport to mug at night.

Quiet, no naggings, air conditioned, clean toilets, readily can get food, why not?! =P
food n stuff r not cheap at the airport.

the part of quiet is not right. i work at airport before. the only time it is quiet is around 2am to 4am..the rest u can hear ppl working

CitrusChest/deviantArt\"My head hurts, i think i nvr use it much" Patrick Starfish
Stuoid_Panda is offline   Add to Stuoid_Panda's Reputation Reply With Quote