Plastic Surgery - Which Dr. to go to??? - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Fashion & Beauty » Plastic Surgery - Which Dr. to go to???

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th March 2011, 11:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
dengyin is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Plastic Surgery - Which Dr. to go to???

Hello! I wan to get double eyelids but don't know which Dr. in Singapore is good. Every doctor say they're good and I'm so confused over which one I should go to.

Anyone had plastic surgery??? and can give your reviews here??? I don't mind the cost and want to know their skills. I don't mind paying more for better skills. Can also tell the doctors' attitude and how you feel? This is a permanent surgery I'm gonna go for so I don't wanna regret it for LIFE. My eyes are damn small so I need to go to a really good Dr. Oh, and I wan look natural in it, not like super nice eyes but damn fake type.

PLEASE HELP ME. TQ!!

Sponsors:
Add to dengyin's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011, 11:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
shock8 is on a distinguished road

Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Re: Plastic Surgery - Which Dr. to go to???

Maybe you can google and look for reviews and comments on different clinics?

Old 31st March 2011, 12:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yea i did that but all like damn long ago one. The recent one talk about overseas which I dont really consider cause I think Singapore will be more accessible for follow-ups etc

dengyin is offline   Add to dengyin's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 12:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
millymoe will become famous soon enough

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Hi dengyin,
most Singaporeans go to this dr wong from gleneagles in which he does epi and double eyelids; I think the stitching method. He charges about 2k for dlb eyelid and 1k plus for the epi. The "epi" will help you get almond shaped eyes that curves in towards your nose. Dr wong supposedly (hearsay and double confirmed by some, and also revealed by dr wong himself -wth!!) did Fann wong's eyes years ago. He has 20 years of experience.

millymoe is offline   Add to millymoe's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 12:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
IAmTheGod will become famous soon enough

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Ok i'm not sure if you are adamant on getting double eyelid surgery done but I do have a friend on sgclub who have done it and i've met her personally. Not mentioning her id but she regretted doing hers and discouraged me from getting plastic surgery as well. You know how plastic surgeons are claiming that the surgeries will leave very minimal or no scarrings? Actually thats crap lol. Even if thats true, at least they won't be gone until few months later, so unless you're going to stay home for half a year, people around you are going to notice the scars so be prepared !

Yeah btw I wanted to do double eyelids as well but i gave up the thought (at least for now). I get my double eyelids from wearing double eyelid sticks, and they gradually became permanent (that means even without the stickers i still have the double eyelids). You should try those stickers first before getting the surgery! But you will need a lot of tries because there are a lot of different kind of stickers out there, and if you didn't paste them right they won't work

Old 31st March 2011, 01:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
bi.dam is on a distinguished road

how about government hospitals?

bi.dam is offline   Add to bi.dam's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 01:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

There is this clinic Neuglow (I wanted to go previously for fillers), I think (not exactly sure) but Bong qiu qiu had breast fillers there. BTW, mine initial distraction was nose fillers and not breast, but let's not deviate from the main topic. Anyhow, they do "scarless" dlb eyelid which you need not undergo surgery. What happens is that they put a thread into your eyelid to create a fold. Many have claimed that the results are not that effective (Seohyun from SNSD's eyes??) and this 'surgery' is not permanent. The upside of this is that this method is fully reversible, unlike the stitching method..

Dr Martin Huang, is a NO NO. According to many, (PSS: I keep using many, and this many refers to those from various forums, I have done extensive research(!) ), his attitude is 'right in your face' if you're not a star or celeb of any form. He charges around 3.5k, very pricey and there is this forumer who had asymmetrical creases because of him.
Much less Woffles Wu, who is famous more for his tummy tuck.

I too, have single eyelids due to prolong usage of glue and tape. I find tape more effective because you can still stick falsies and use eyeshadow (for gyaru effect) after the tape is on.

Please do your research well and make sure you go to the right doctor!!

Dawn yang's eyes is a result of lateral cantho, epi and double eyelid. Lateral as in the dr silts the side of eyes (the part next to your temples) so that it appears bigger from the side. Xia xue went for that, you might want to refer to her blog. My dr's grand verdict is that my eye tails are too long, so lateral cantho for me is not needed but I might want to insist on it. BTW, no dr in singapore practises this lateral cantho thingy surgery. Only dr wong does epi and dlb eyelid.

there is this clinic callled Alaxis Aesthetic (http://www.alaxis.com.sg/) , the chief dr Donald ng is the apprentice of a famous taiwanese PS surgeon, you might want to check him out. But this famous PS surgeon's skills varies and I know people whose eyelids have not de-swell yet. Still, in my humble opinion, you might want to consider this clinic because it is rather recognized, in a way..

Which that said, may I know what is the shape of your eyes?

Old 31st March 2011, 01:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
grt
Addicted SGClubber
grt is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just keep in mind that no matter what doctor you go to, there can always the chance of complications which might not be reversible. I know that it's a very common issue in Asia (e.g. like nose-jobs in the Middle East), but at least from a Westerner's point of view I can say that I wouldn't care. An ex had eyelids that changes from time to time... sometimes single and sometimes double ones (probably depending on stress/sleep/...) and while I liked to look at her eyes regardless of her eyelids, I even tended to even the single ones. She couldn't understand it, though.

Want to backup and synchronise your data between different devices (computer, iPhone, Android phone, Blackberry, laptop, ...)? Get Dropbox (referral link with 2.25GB for free). Alternatively, click here (no referral, only 2GB for free).

And were an epitaph to be my story I'd have a short one ready for my own. I would have written of me on my stone: I had a lover's quarrel with the world.
-Robert Frost
grt is offline   Add to grt's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 01:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Hey dengyin, I refer to one of the forumer's post as seen above, I reckon you should make your own decision and not entirely listen to outsiders and friends. Yes, they might be stating a point, but what is it you want for yourself?
Since you have 'dlbeyelid surgery' popping up in your head, I'm sure you possess a yearning to improve your looks. Sure, surgeries are all risky and there are downsides, but think about it, if you dare to muster the courage and overcome the mental distractions, then you are giving yourself a chance to be pretty. Double eyelid surgery is consider a mere touch-up to many, like how you use lip tint, and there is no biggie doing it.

Don't let people pop eye-deas (geddit?? hahah.. lame I know) into your head.

Tape will work, but only for those with a thinner eyelid. If yours is puffy and thick, your eyelid will fold up and swallow the crease. This is why the doctors remove the fats from your eyelid during the surgery.

Old 31st March 2011, 01:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
bi.dam is on a distinguished road

use tape can create many shapes; cute ones, pretty ones, narrow ones, funky ones..

i know of one, i saw her double eyelids stitched up after surgery.. after a few weeks/months, she took the stitches out and it became natural, just that the size of her double eyelids, i felt it was quite "big" ; from eyes to double eyelid line as her eyes was naturally big too. It looks weird to me though some might think otherwise, i think. maybe the applying/type of make-up after that matters too.

bi.dam is offline   Add to bi.dam's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 01:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Yup I think stickers only work on people with thinner eyelids. Eventually you will have to get double eyelid surgery if stickers doesn't work on you. Btw i'm not shooting your ideas down! I'm not against plastic surgeries or something but you need to know what to expect because i've seen some forumers who posted about their bad eyelid jobs and some of them even went for the reversal somethingsomething (forgot whats its called). Be sure that you're well-prepared (mentally) before going for plastic surgery!

IAmTheGod added 7 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Originally Posted by millymoe View Post
Hey dengyin, I refer to one of the forumer's post as seen above, I reckon you should make your own decision and not entirely listen to outsiders and friends. Yes, they might be stating a point, but what is it you want for yourself?
Since you have 'dlbeyelid surgery' popping up in your head, I'm sure you possess a yearning to improve your looks. Sure, surgeries are all risky and there are downsides, but think about it, if you dare to muster the courage and overcome the mental distractions, then you are giving yourself a chance to be pretty. Double eyelid surgery is consider a mere touch-up to many, like how you use lip tint, and there is no biggie doing it.

Don't let people pop eye-deas (geddit?? hahah.. lame I know) into your head.

Tape will work, but only for those with a thinner eyelid. If yours is puffy and thick, your eyelid will fold up and swallow the crease. This is why the doctors remove the fats from your eyelid during the surgery.
You got get plastic surgery before meh? Its true that double eyelid surgery itself is not a big deal - but only if you're not afraid of what people say about you. That's probably one of the main reason why so many girls ain't getting plastic surgeries.

Last edited by IAmTheGod; 31st March 2011 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Post Bumping
IAmTheGod is offline   Add to IAmTheGod's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 01:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

@IamtheGod, I'm not criticizing you, I'm sorry you had to see it negatively!! I should have rephrased. I was referring to inferring prats like myself and the haters.

You're right. Maybe someday I will come crying in sgclub about a stupid surgeon's botched job.
*fingers crossed!

Last edited by millymoe; 31st March 2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Post Bumping
Old 31st March 2011, 02:11 AM   #13 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

@IamtheGod, I'm not criticizing you, I'm sorry you had to see it negatively!! I should have rephrased. I was referring to inferring prats like myself and the haters.

You're right. Maybe someday I will come crying in sgclub about a stupid surgeon's botched job.
*fingers crossed!

millymoe added 3 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

And even though I hate to admit it yes, but I find it no big deal. I went for the mini incision method. No one could actually tell...
Haha no worries I was afraid that you would see me as one of the haters. I've considered plastic surgeries before so I don't think i'm in a position to criticize plastic surgery (I wanted to go for jaw shaving surgery but I dropped that thought because of the bitchy extremely-long downtime so I decided to save up for jaw botox instead to see if it will get my face slimmer)(Actually I also wanted double eyelid surgery to get parallel eyelids but I tried parallel eyelids with tapes and I think I looked weird, and perhaps a nose job because I injured my nose before But perhaps i'm pretty cowardly because i'm afraid of tongues waggings -.-)
It didn't leave your eyes wounded or something? Thats cool! I suddenly got double eyelids after pasting double eyelid stickers and i'm surprised that none of my friends asked me about my eyelids maybe thats just means that my double eyelids aren't nice enough for people to notice the change

Last edited by IAmTheGod; 31st March 2011 at 02:19 AM.
IAmTheGod is offline   Add to IAmTheGod's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 10:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

My dr suggested that I do jaw shaving too!! It's so ridiculous for me to undergo one op after another, and its not as if I've got all the money in the world to keep paying people in thousands just to accompany me. I'm just a student for God's sake! And currently, I have used 3 months of salary just to pay this lady to bring me on a trip. Plus I was previously working at bugis with a crappy salary and paying so much actually makes me kinda upset! My bank account is literally zero.

No no, botox is not good. You have to maintain it every year after the effect wears off. When I smile, my cheek puffs up a little. I've ever thought of botox too, but will probably go on some intensive lettuce diet to "burn" off the fats.

But if you are seriously apt on doing stuff, let me know. : ) We could go together along with other sporeexpat forumers. I'll like a dimple.

Old 31st March 2011, 08:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK. I don;t really care people talking behind my back and stuff cus my eyes are really small. And the worse part is that it tilts downwards so I look like I am tired 24/7. It also gives a really bad impression on others when I wanna get a job or anything cause I look like I havent slept and I can't be bothered to hear what they wanna offer me. , or I don't have the energy to work for them.

That's for the future. I don't mind getting PS for double eyelid cus to me it's like having a earhole?!?! I mean its to beatify yourself and it's not a dangerous surgery. The danger it possess is only the skills of the Dr. so I'm willing to pay more for a good Dr. I've heard about Dr. cutting the eyelid too high up for girls. It's cause it will look better when girls have makeup. I think you can tell the Dr. you just want a normal one lo.

Yep, swelling takes up to 3/4 months?!?! So, since I'm waiting to enter uni now, I wanna faster get it done. =D

So, is it safe to conclude that the famous Drs. are not better than others in their skills but rather their clients??

dengyin added 3 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Hi dengyin,
most Singaporeans go to this dr wong from gleneagles in which he does epi and double eyelids; I think the stitching method. He charges about 2k for dlb eyelid and 1k plus for the epi. The "epi" will help you get almond shaped eyes that curves in towards your nose. Dr wong supposedly (hearsay and double confirmed by some, and also revealed by dr wong himself -wth!!) did Fann wong's eyes years ago. He has 20 years of experience.
So are you happy with the result!??!!? If it's possible can PM me your before and after???

Last edited by dengyin; 31st March 2011 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Post Bumping
Old 31st March 2011, 08:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

My dr suggested that I do jaw shaving too!! It's so ridiculous for me to undergo one op after another, and its not as if I've got all the money in the world to keep paying people in thousands just to accompany me. I'm just a student for God's sake! And currently, I have used 3 months of salary just to pay this lady to bring me on a trip. Plus I was previously working at bugis with a crappy salary and paying so much actually makes me kinda upset! My bank account is literally zero.

No no, botox is not good. You have to maintain it every year after the effect wears off. When I smile, my cheek puffs up a little. I've ever thought of botox too, but will probably go on some intensive lettuce diet to "burn" off the fats.

But if you are seriously apt on doing stuff, let me know. : ) We could go together along with other sporeexpat forumers. I'll like a dimple.
What? I think your doctor is quite unethical! As in he shouldn't have suggested that you should do jaw shaving! Same, i'm a student as well and i'm not working hahaha so I don't have the money to get botox yet. So you went to korea for the double eyelid surgery? At least its worth it and you didn't regret about your decision! Did it leave you with scars? But honestly, would you get jaw shaving?

Oh, i'm tempted to get botox because, well - some people said that after getting a few jabs, your face would never get back to its original size again (so it would still be slimmer than your original). Plus no downtime! If I have lotsa moolah I wouldn't mind getting it again and again!
Well I wouldn't mind because I always thought that getting something plastic-surgery related with someone else is fun hahaha, but I don't think I can do anything for now because....I don't have the moolah yet Most probably i'm not going to get anything invasive... dimpleplasty is cheaper isn't it? Hey you should really do this facial exercise thing (try pursing your lips and exerts force on your facial muscles) to try and see if you can get dimples!

My friend whom I was talking about (i wonder if she will see this and laugh) who has just gotten double eyelid surgery, she wanted to do a dimpleplasty as well but since she couldn't, she has been doing this 'facial exercise' and she really got 'not-very-obvious' dimples now! Or try cheeks piercing! I was told that some people get dimples after taking off the piercings!

Ok seriously i'm the sort of 'try using natural methods before considering getting plastic surgery' kind of person so i hope you're not offended

Originally Posted by dengyin View Post
OK. I don;t really care people talking behind my back and stuff cus my eyes are really small. And the worse part is that it tilts downwards so I look like I am tired 24/7. It also gives a really bad impression on others when I wanna get a job or anything cause I look like I havent slept and I can't be bothered to hear what they wanna offer me. , or I don't have the energy to work for them.

That's for the future. I don't mind getting PS for double eyelid cus to me it's like having a earhole?!?! I mean its to beatify yourself and it's not a dangerous surgery. The danger it possess is only the skills of the Dr. so I'm willing to pay more for a good Dr. I've heard about Dr. cutting the eyelid too high up for girls. It's cause it will look better when girls have makeup. I think you can tell the Dr. you just want a normal one lo.

Yep, swelling takes up to 3/4 months?!?! So, since I'm waiting to enter uni now, I wanna faster get it done. =D

So, is it safe to conclude that the famous Drs. are not better than others in their skills but rather their clients??
dengyin added 3 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...
So are you happy with the result!??!!? If it's possible can PM me your before and after???
Try Neuglow! My friend did it there and I find her eyes really pretty though i'm not sure if theres scarring. She opted for the lasering method. But thats just a suggestion haha.

Old 31st March 2011, 09:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I cant do laser. Mine needs surgery. I think I'll go consultation at Neuglow!! =D exciteddddd

Old 31st March 2011, 10:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dengyin View Post
I cant do laser. Mine needs surgery. I think I'll go consultation at Neuglow!! =D exciteddddd
What is the difference between laser and surgery? I know results from mini incision isn't very lasting but very minimal or no scarring ...I think. I read a lot about plastic surgeries but poof! The information all went out of my head after a good sleep. Good luck ok!

Old 31st March 2011, 10:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

I'll be going away tmr... Will email you soon kay! Maybe pm me your email..
Dawn yang seriously looks horrid now, did you know she actually did chin, forehead cheeks nose implants, skin whitening injections, lateral cantho, epi and dlb eyelid surgery and a boob job?!!
Her face is so chubby and nasty looking now
Hope we dont end up like her!!!

Old 2nd April 2011, 01:40 AM   #20 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IAmTheGod View Post
What is the difference between laser and surgery? I know results from mini incision isn't very lasting but very minimal or no scarring ...I think. I read a lot about plastic surgeries but poof! The information all went out of my head after a good sleep. Good luck ok!
Oh, I forgot also. but its smt like not as effective i guess?