Professional Resume Writers - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > Workplace and Business Forum » Professional Resume Writers

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st March 2015, 08:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
kenyo is on a distinguished road

Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Professional Resume Writers

Hi, I've recently completed my National Service and am currently looking for a job. However, have been struggling to do up a proper resume I was browsing the net randomly when I came upon a professional resume writing agency called WriteItPerfect. The site looks decent and they have many people saying that their product is good, but just like to check, has anyone tried their services before? Would you recommend it?

Sponsors:

Last edited by maverick; 1st April 2015 at 11:09 AM.
Add to kenyo's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 09:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
ilold has a spectacular aura about

Liked 40 Times in 34 Posts
Re: Professional Resume Writers (WriteItPerfect)

don't... personally it's a waste of time and money. just read the internet for samples and tips

Old 1st April 2015, 10:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Photosnapper is on a distinguished road

Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts

I am not expert but will like to share some pointers.

Look through all your past education, schools, part time jobs and if have volunteer works.
Extract education credits, extra-curriculum activities for academic credits and for working experiences, write all that you have from your school attachments, part time temp work, or volunteer work.

In the army if you ever have been appointed a leadership rule beside s your rank, example IC, section leader etc, extract that out.

Now with all the above, summary in key points.
Attached separately a short introduction about yourself so that interviewers can know you more.

For all above experiences and merits, be sure to also know a little about the past companies and organizations you joined and worked for, for interviewing preparations.

Old 1st April 2015, 02:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Prototype445 is just really nicePrototype445 is just really nicePrototype445 is just really nice

Liked 199 Times in 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Photosnapper View Post

Look through all your past education, schools, part time jobs and if have volunteer works.
Extract education credits, extra-curriculum activities for academic credits and for working experiences, write all that you have from your school attachments, part time temp work, or volunteer work.

In the army if you ever have been appointed a leadership rule beside s your rank, example IC, section leader etc, extract that out.

Attached separately a short introduction about yourself so that interviewers can know you more.

For all above experiences and merits, be sure to also know a little about the past companies and organizations you joined and worked for, for interviewing preparations.
BQMS 2IC can anort hahaha
Tbh do employers really care about your achievements in NS. Seems like they are of no merit whatsoever. Personally, I do not think those NSFs in leadership positions do anything more than us man in any way that gives them more credit.

do people really list what they did during their NS in their resume?

Last edited by Prototype445; 1st April 2015 at 03:00 PM.
Prototype445 is offline   Add to Prototype445's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 06:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
Jaelyn love is on a distinguished road

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Prototype445 View Post
Tbh do employers really care about your achievements in NS. Seems like they are of no merit whatsoever. Personally, I do not think those NSFs in leadership positions do anything more than us man in any way that gives them more credit.

Actually employers do really look! My friend applied for a part time job after NS and he was a clerk, and the boss told him they recognise it as 2 years of admin experience! store-wise, i don't think logistics outside will recognise, after all SAF logistics and outside logistics are wayyy different. You come out and find that actually, you know next to nothing

Jaelyn love is offline   Add to Jaelyn love's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 06:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
ilold has a spectacular aura about

Liked 40 Times in 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Prototype445 View Post

ultimately it depend on what kind of job you are applying for. if you are trying to go into a mnc or a prestigious firm and you put your NS exp there, you will be laughed at.

if you are applying to work as a driver or something maybe NS will be relevant. but on most occassions most people will not care and your NS exp will be taking up space. Put it unless you really have nothing to talk about

Old 1st April 2015, 07:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Photosnapper View Post

Just realised that WriteItPerfect actually has a blog on writing good resumes! http://www.resumewriter.sg/blog/

And they certainly provide good samples and tips there Rare to see companies doling out the advice like this! I could actually write a resume on my own out of these tips hahaha

Last edited by kenyo; 1st April 2015 at 08:03 PM.
kenyo is offline   Add to kenyo's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 08:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ilold View Post
don't... personally it's a waste of time and money. just read the internet for samples and tips
Very true... but theres this certain skill to phrasing it properly in the context of your experiences that I find it hard to get Like the feeling you must write very professional and business-like! Anyone has this problem?

kenyo is offline   Add to kenyo's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 08:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
lokey has a spectacular aura about

Liked 39 Times in 34 Posts
Re: Professional Resume Writers

Are you ITE or Poly grad?

If it is ITE grad, just call the number and go down for an interview. There is no need for resume.

For poly grad, seriously people dont expect much content from a fresh poly grad. Usually, it is by luck and speed. First come first serve.

For resume, you need to write down name, address, telephone no, education, working experiences (including NS, internships, part-time job), CCA, language, software and etc.

For arts diploma, they will expect an art profile, so it really depends.

Last edited by lokey; 1st April 2015 at 08:34 PM.
lokey is offline   Add to lokey's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 08:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
iforfashion is on a distinguished road

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kenyo View Post
Just realised that WriteItPerfect actually has a blog on writing good resumes! http://www.resumewriter.sg/blog/

And they certainly provide good samples and tips there Rare to see companies doling out the advice like this! I could actually write a resume on my own out of these tips hahaha
Why write it out on your own when they offer free resume review lololol I was quite stunned when I saw they are willing to attach one of their own staff to help you look through your resume, FOR FREE

iforfashion is offline   Add to iforfashion's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 11:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
BadBrains is on a distinguished road

Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts

Originally Posted by iforfashion View Post
Why write it out on your own when they offer free resume review lololol I was quite stunned when I saw they are willing to attach one of their own staff to help you look through your resume, FOR FREE
resume is actually quite simple..as long as you put in certain standards and direct,people will be more than happy to see your resume

BadBrains is offline   Add to BadBrains's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2015, 09:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
danrob is on a distinguished road

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BadBrains View Post
resume is actually quite simple..as long as you put in certain standards and direct,people will be more than happy to see your resume
I won't be so sure though, plenty of companies use automated software to process resumes and look out for keywords (Search Engine Optimisation) as most HR managers do not have time to look through each and every resume that goes through their inboxes! Unless you're a small startup of course But logically, most job applicants will be more ambitious, especially fresh grads trying to get their first jobs...

danrob is offline   Add to danrob's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2015, 09:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Eelyn is on a distinguished road

Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts

Originally Posted by danrob View Post
I won't be so sure though, plenty of companies use automated software to process resumes and look out for keywords (Search Engine Optimisation) as most HR managers do not have time to look through each and every resume that goes through their inboxes! Unless you're a small startup of course But logically, most job applicants will be more ambitious, especially fresh grads trying to get their first jobs...
Lolol you really go deep into this! Hahaha one good job hunting tactic is to upload your resume online (LinkedIn) and you can stand a chance of getting headhunted!

Eelyn is offline   Add to Eelyn's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2015, 01:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
New SGClubber
Al-Masud is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Professional resumes are very much important for the job and it has good impression on the recruitment team if resume is professionally filled and it should be done professionally.

Al-Masud is offline   Add to Al-Masud's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2015, 08:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
New SGClubber
Al-Masud is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Al-Masud View Post
Professional resumes are very much important for the job and it has good impression on the recruitment team if resume is professionally filled and it should be done professionally.
Resume makes good impression for hiring.

Al-Masud is offline   Add to Al-Masud's Reputation Reply With Quote