Rebecca Lim - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Leisure & Entertainment > Movies Singapore > Singapore Actresses/Actors » Rebecca Lim

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

Comment

LinkBack Celebrity Tools Display Modes
Rebecca Lim
Rebecca Lim
Published by Local_Fan
23rd April 2014

Rebecca Lim is a Singaporean actress who has acted in several English and Chinese dramas produced by MediaCorp. She is best known for her portrayal of Wendy Lim, a trainee lawyer in the Channel 5 television series The Pupil, for which she won the Best Actress Award at the 15th Asian Television Awards in 2010.

She was the 4th runner-up in the Miss Singapore Universe 2005 pageant, as well as the recipient of the Miss Photogenic Award.

Since walking away with a top five placing and the Miss Photogenic Award at the Miss Singapore-Universe Pageant at the age of 18, Rebecca has demonstrated her versatility and maturity as an actress in several prominent English and Chinese drama serials. She juggled filming while pursuing her Accountancy degree from Singapore Management University.

Effectively bilingual, she has played a diverse range of characters, from an abused wife to a Vietnamese bride, to Singapore war heroine Elizabeth Choy, and recently her breakthrough roles as the prostitute Susie Woon in the period drama Fighting Spiders and trainee lawyer Wendy Lim on The Pupil, the highly-acclaimed legal drama acting alongside thespians Adrian Pang and Lim Kay Tong. In 2010, she was awarded Best Actress at the Asian Television Awards for her outstanding performance in The Pupil.
Movie Rating
HotnessN/A
0 users rated N/A% average

Latest 5 celebrities

Celebrity Tools
Sponsors

By Local_Fan on 23rd April 2014, 05:38 PM
Default Re: Rebecca Lim

By ms.siqi on 1st May 2014, 08:44 AM

Rebecca Lim breaks into tears backstage after Star Awards

PHOTO: NG XI JIE / THE NEW PAPER

The New Paper
Monday, Apr 28, 2014

Familiar faces like former MediaCorp artists Yang Li Bing, Huang Yi Liang and Chen Hui Hui, who are past Star Awards winners, were invited to the awards ceremony.

Snippets of speeches from award winners in the past 20 years were also aired during the show, bringing back memories not only for the audience, but also for the stars themselves.

But it was the young actors who dominated the ceremony, especially in the Top 10 Most Popular Male/Female Artistes category.

Newcomer Xu Bin, who snagged the Top 10 Most Popular Male Artiste award, has been in the industry for only a year. Other first-time nominees who won in the same category included Desmond Tan, Koh Ya Hui, Zhang Zhen Huan and Chris Tong.

Local actress Rebecca Lim, 27, surprised everyone with her unexpected Best Supporting Actress win for her role as Lisa in the drama The Dream Makers. She was also in the Top 10 Most Popular Female Artiste category.

She broke into tears backstage and told the media: "I'm very touched. Many seniors had told me that they wished I would win the award. nI didn't dare to have any expectations because I didn't want to feel disappointed. I thought Priscelia (Chan) would win."

She added: "Yes, I feel like a million bucks now."

http://www.lollipop.sg/content/rebec...er-star-awards
Posted via Mobile Device
By korean_fan on 21st August 2014, 10:11 PM

Rebecca Lim's clever way of raising donations gets nods of approval online

Singapore actress Rebecca Lim has taken up the ALS ice bucket challenge by Muttons On The Move from 987FM.

In a description accompanying one of the photos the actress uploaded onto her Instagram account, she wrote:

"I've been challenged to take on the #icebucketchallenge to raise awareness for Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).

"But I feel that it's pointless just dumping a bucket of ice water over my head.

"So, in addition to my monthly donations, I will also be giving S$0.10 per 'like' of this post from now till actual challenge execution to the Singapore Cancer Society as well. (I know both may seem irrelevant, but both are terrible illnesses that no one should suffer from).

"So yes Muttons, challenge accepted."

Her post has garnered over 12,900 likes since it was posted online 19 hours ago at the time of writing and has received positive comments from netizens.

Commments include, "Such a great sport! Challenge your co-stars!" and "Go Girl!"

http://www.lollipop.sg/content/rebec...pproval-online
By korean_fan on 3rd September 2014, 02:44 PM

Guess how much Rebecca Lim has raised from her Ice Bucket Challenge

Local actress Rebecca Lim, 27, posted on her Facebook fanpage on Monday that she would give 10 cents per "like" on her Facebook post from the time she posted it till she executed the dare.

By the time she posted the clip of herself getting dunked on her Instagram account on Tuesday, she had raised $1,310, which she is giving to the Singapore Cancer Society.

She told The New Paper yesterday: "The SCS is a society I feel strongly for as I have relatives who have cancer. The society provides financial help to those who can't afford treatment and I think what they are doing is great."

On how she felt during the challenge, she said that she is "generally a person who is very afraid of the cold". "Sometimes, I'll even walk around at home with a jacket. But I believed in raising awareness for the cause and felt that it was good."

She described the moment of the ice water being poured on her as "being in the winter, without a jacket, and being blown by a sudden gush of cold wind". She said she could not breathe for a few seconds when the ice water was being poured on her.

The challenge, done at home, was filmed by her father while her mother dumped the ice water on her.

Lim said: "I initially wanted to maintain a certain image but it did not turn out as expected. My mother was very supportive. She cracked the ice cubes and kept adding more, saying that if I wanted to do it, I should go all the way."

Her mother had even washed three pails the night before and asked her in the morning which one she wanted.

Lim said: "The challenge has a great objective. It has been successful in getting people talking."

Rebecca tagged actor Ian Fang, actor-host Utt and actress-host Priscelia Chan. Blogger Bagaholicboy, Alvin Cher, also offered to match Lim's donation to the SCS.

http://www.lollipop.sg/content/guess...cket-challenge
By maverick on 29th June 2015, 10:37 AM

Rebecca Lim during her schooling days playing hockey for VJC... cute!

Comment

Tags
rebecca lim

Celebrity Tools