Rude mercs cab driver! - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read SGCShop  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Automobile Forum » Rude mercs cab driver!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-11-2006, 09:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
HUIXIAN has a spectacular aura aboutHUIXIAN has a spectacular aura aboutHUIXIAN has a spectacular aura aboutHUIXIAN has a spectacular aura about

Credits: 4
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Rude mercs cab driver!

Quote:
Just now around 5pm(25th Nov 2006), we were waiting for cab at Sentosa to leave that place. I was carrying my girlfriend's dog(silky terrier) in a carrier bag with only dog's head exposed. After waiting for 5 minutes, two Caucasians came along. One of them asked us if we are waiting for taxi and we replied yes so they just stood near and behind us.

After a while, a Mercedes cab slowed down and we thought he is stopping for us but it actually drove past us and stopped directly in front of the two Caucasians which is 3-5 meters away from us. The two Caucasians talked to the taxi driver for a while and one of them gestured us to walk over to hop in because they knew we reached there earlier (appreciate them for this). My girlfriend walked over first and the taxi driver straightaway showed a very rude shoo-shoo hand signal either telling us to shoo off or he don't want to pick us, which i happened to see too. I guess the two Caucasians saw it too.

Then he continued on discussing with the two Caucasians sort of like asking them if they still wanna board the taxi. However, the two Caucasians never board the taxi. For what reasons, i don't know. I hope it's not because the two Caucasians looked down on that taxi driver?

This is really a disgrace to other good Singapore Taxi drivers. And to think he's a Mercedes cab driver. I don't even know how this guy was selected to drive the Mercedes cab in the first place. I thought Mercedes cab drivers are carefully selected by the taxi companies?

He can give a hundred reasons for rejecting us such as pet phobia or whatever reasons but he's definitely not right to give us a shoo off hand signal without even taking a second look at us or speak to us politely. Imagine we are just another pair of tourists and this kind of service will definitely leave a very bad impression. So what's all the big deal about claiming Singapore has one of the best public transport infrastructure/service around the world?

Anyway, thinking to write a complaint letter but we only got the car plate number SHB6636X and don't know what company that cab is from. So i can only share with you guys here.
what do u think :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0.
Add to HUIXIAN's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006, 10:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Cesario has a spectacular aura aboutCesario has a spectacular aura aboutCesario has a spectacular aura aboutCesario has a spectacular aura about

Credits: 0

aiya... Singaporean Taxi drivers r liddat one de...

Cesario is offline   Add to Cesario's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006, 10:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Igtenos has a spectacular aura aboutIgtenos has a spectacular aura aboutIgtenos has a spectacular aura aboutIgtenos has a spectacular aura about

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hmm nv encountered this b4.....
But its the typical asian mentality coz they tink that Caucasians have more money or maybe foreigners dunno the short way to their destination so maybe easy to cheat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0.
Igtenos is offline   Add to Igtenos's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006, 11:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
McNuGGeTs is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

lol ? merc cab drivers are always like that ... their thinking is simple ... Shorts plus singlets no-no , Shirt and pants plus tie yes-yes ! :disgust2:

McNuGGeTs is offline   Add to McNuGGeTs's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006, 11:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
kotoko is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i had a bad experience with a cab driver too. he tried to drive off b4 i alighted the cab. and the door on my side was already opened. the worse part was he threatened me by saying "Don't make me angry!" *faint*

in the end, i made a report to comfort and they told me that they warned the driver.

but still, it was a horrible experience. :disgust2:

kotoko is offline   Add to kotoko's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006, 11:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
teriyaki will become famous soon enoughteriyaki will become famous soon enough

Credits: 1
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesario
aiya... Singaporean Taxi drivers r liddat one de...
=.= nt all ish lyk dat la...

at least my dad wun b so rude de..

teriyaki is offline   Add to teriyaki's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006, 11:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Shannie is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think not only Merc but most taxi drivers dont let to have pet on their cabs..

Shannie is offline   Add to Shannie's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 01:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Wenzi is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

DISGRACE! throw fce.. PUI!

Wenzi is offline   Add to Wenzi's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 06:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
loonshi is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yah some taxi drivers r like tat de.. cool dwn..:mellow3:

loonshi is offline   Add to loonshi's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 07:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Sheng4Eva is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i guess most of the taxi drivers behave that way ba

FTW
Sheng4Eva is offline   Add to Sheng4Eva's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 10:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
violette has a spectacular aura aboutviolette has a spectacular aura aboutviolette has a spectacular aura about

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

foreigners = human
singaporeans = human

wat is the difference? kns~ get more tips mah?? make me du lan lor~

taxi driver not human arr?? moreover singaporean~ *pui*
despising their own fellow members~

+
+
violette is offline   Add to violette's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 12:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
solidsin is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow . With such stuff happening , it would definitely hurt singapore's reputation de lor . some more is mercs cab sia . not those old normal kinda cab . wah . they should reali find out who that drive is eh .

solidsin is offline   Add to solidsin's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 12:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
ronaldng is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lot of merc taxi drivers very rude and arrogant... Pek cek when i was once travelling on a cab as well. Then asking him to bring me to this place, bedok feng shan market ==> nice food and very popular and well recognise...
He sort of hao lian and act blur say he need to know the street name in order to drive me there..
Ok, i called my friend to confirm the street name, then he still say he don know how to go, thus i tell him i know and directed him... but he was very arrogant and said ya he know and don need me to teach him how to go... its like, u say u don know, i'm kind enough to help u identify the write route and yet u scold me...

Then i as so pek cek that when i alight, i slam his door... hahahaaa...
Stupid driver will get stupid attitude from me

ronaldng is offline   Add to ronaldng's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 12:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
violette has a spectacular aura aboutviolette has a spectacular aura aboutviolette has a spectacular aura about

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldng
Lot of merc taxi drivers very rude and arrogant... Pek cek when i was once travelling on a cab as well. Then asking him to bring me to this place, bedok feng shan market ==> nice food and very popular and well recognise...
He sort of hao lian and act blur say he need to know the street name in order to drive me there..
Ok, i called my friend to confirm the street name, then he still say he don know how to go, thus i tell him i know and directed him... but he was very arrogant and said ya he know and don need me to teach him how to go... its like, u say u don know, i'm kind enough to help u identify the write route and yet u scold me...

if i were u hor, i will tell the driver straightaway "uncle eh, bedok ma ta chu" if he dunno eh, then i jitao suan him lor~ wahaha~

+
+
Old 27-11-2006, 12:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Sheng4Eva is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:

LOL .... nice one la .... must slam hard enough to shake the whole car !

FTW
Sheng4Eva is offline   Add to Sheng4Eva's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 12:57 PM   #16 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
micxiao will become famous soon enoughmicxiao will become famous soon enough

Credits: 1
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:

gdgd... the driver will get your signal haha...

micxiao is offline   Add to micxiao's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 01:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
angelica is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

foreigns they'll charge higher.
thats why in sentosa or whichever places its easy for foreigns to get cabs den the locals.

Old 27-11-2006, 01:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
ronaldng is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

such drivers, i see liao i tulin... LOL...

ronaldng is offline   Add to ronaldng's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 02:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
hina is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i also got some bad experience with taxi driver before..

you know those taxi drivers disappear before midnight right... we were flagging down taxi around 11pmish. wah lao. all those empty taxis lor, just drove past. kns~

Old 27-11-2006, 03:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hina
i also got some bad experience with taxi driver before..

you know those taxi drivers disappear before midnight right... we were flagging down taxi around 11pmish. wah lao. all those empty taxis lor, just drove past. kns~
ya la~ give them $$ to earn dun wan eh~ machiam we are the hantu like tat :disgust2:

+
+