S-League 2010 - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Sports Forum > Soccer Forums » S-League 2010

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th December 2009, 06:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
allycat is a jewel in the roughallycat is a jewel in the rough

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
S-League 2010

I think Sandberg must've lend a hand in this. AIK will be coming down to Singapore on Jan 21 2010 to play a pre-season friendly with SAFFC. They will be staying at Grand Hyatt. Thats all I know for now. Venue and ticketing will be known later.

SAFFC's press conference on Xmas Eve

Look at Taisuke! Cute.

Sponsors:

Last edited by allycat; 26th December 2009 at 02:29 PM.
Add to allycat's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2009, 12:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
shypineapple is a jewel in the roughshypineapple is a jewel in the rough

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: SAFFC vs AIK Stockholm

If I ever saw a singapore lady in her late 20's wearing a SAFFC one day, it must be you. alison! LOL haha

I dream about you when I sleep.
shypineapple is offline   Add to shypineapple's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2009, 01:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
HAKU will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

might considering buying the tickets for this match...

Old 26th December 2009, 09:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shypineapple View Post
If I ever saw a singapore lady in her late 20's wearing a SAFFC one day, it must be you. alison! LOL haha
lol it will take alot more for me to wear the blue and white jersey For this current batch of SAFFC players, I'm actually more interested in their new local signings than the foreign ones. I have plenty of confidence for Sandberg to perform well, but I only have some confidence for Martinez and not so much for Lovric. While Martinez is an aggressive striker who can shoot from any distance, Lovric may not be fast or effective against the speedy young strikers in the league. He has the height, thats all. I don't think he is as fast as Kenji Arai. We just have to wait and see if he performs.

Now the locals... Well, we have Indra and Noh Rahman in. SEA Games No. 1 Hyrulnizam Jumaat, the king of deadball Shaiful Esah, Dan Bennett and Wilko. They should have just signed Hassan Sunny and we're set. But Sharil Jantan is not bad. Also Rezal Hassan is back as player/coach.

SAFFC has made some really strange purchases before. I'm just afraid Lovric might be one of them. And for Champions League, there is the 3+1 rule, meaning Taisuke will sit out. In fact I think he will not even be in the first team. He will fit nicely into Prime League.

Anyway I fear for this team. Its a really new and unproven team. We will only find out after a few friendlies.

SAFFC Pre-Season Friendlies

Dec 27: Singapore Cricket Club vs SAFFC @ Padang, 5pm
Jan 2: SAFFC vs Balestier Khalsa @ CCK Stadium, 5pm
Jan 7: SAFFC vs Geylang United @ CCK Stadium, 5pm

SAFFC Tour Of Vietnam
Jan 12: SAFFC vs Đồng Tâm Long An F.C
Jan 15: SAFFC vs Navibank Saigon

Jan 21: SAFFC vs AIK Stockholm, @ TBC, 7pm

allycat is offline   Add to allycat's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2009, 01:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
EvilSkyBoy is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Go SAFFC! I love you!!

Old 26th December 2009, 02:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: S-League 2010

I've renamed this topic as S-League 2010 because I don't want to create so many topics relating to SLeague. Anyway here's another piece of news. The upcoming season of SLeague should be the final season of the league where the bottom team remains on top. After that there will be relegation/promotion between 2 divisions. Reason is because AFC implemented a rule that all leagues that wish to participate in ACL must have a relegation/promotion system. So FAS die die also must produce this system.

SO I'm thinking the best way is to drop the second half of the table to Division 2, with 8 teams in each division. Then we make up the numbers with NFL teams.

Old 26th December 2009, 02:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
United Once, United Forever
Boianeze is a jewel in the roughBoianeze is a jewel in the rough

Liked 82 Times in 69 Posts

Wow. s league is becoming more interesting. But still geylang united ftw !!! actually i support home united. lol

Boianeze is offline   Add to Boianeze's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2009, 03:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Sometimes we have to wonder if the SLeague teams have any brain cells left in them at all. Oh Ddog Yi has been released by Balestier, yet no club wants to pick him up. I dare say he is probably one of the best players to ever play in the SLeague in recent years. SAFFC would be better off with Old Doggy than Ivan Lovric or Taisuke Akiyoshi, but they rather go for big names instead.

Another disturbing thing is that no SLeague club wants to take in any DPMM players! Geylang could have easily signed 4 or 5 of them, but chose to retain those 2 Slovakians. Sengkang rather sign Canadian unknowns than DPMM players. Why not Balestier sign Ivan Jerkovic instead of Daniel Hammond? Sengkang obviously needs a good goalkeeper, given that Joey Sim has screwed up the season for them last season, and the worst thing is he is actually preferred over Amos Boon! Why not pick up Wardun from DPMM?

And I also heard some rumors about an ex-Newcastle player and also an ex Scottish Premier League player (from Hibernian I think, or was it Motherwell?) on trials with SLeague. Will update u guys on that when I get more info.

Last edited by allycat; 26th December 2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 26th December 2009, 03:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

Originally Posted by allycat View Post
Sometimes we have to wonder if the SLeague teams have any brain cells left in them at all. Oh Ddog Yi has been released by Balestier, yet no club wants to pick him up. I dare say he is probably one of the best players to ever play in the SLeague in recent years. SAFFC would be better off with Old Doggy than Ivan Lovric or Taisuke Akiyoshi, but they rather go for big names instead.

Another disturbing thing is that no SLeague club wants to take in any DPMM players! Geylang could have easily signed 4 or 5 of them, but chose to retain those 2 Slovakians. Sengkang rather sign Canadian unknowns than DPMM players. Why not Balestier sign Ivan Jerkovic instead of Daniel Hammond? Sengkang obviously needs a good goalkeeper, given that Joey Sim has screwed up the season for them last season, and the worst thing is he is actually preferred over Amos Boon! Why not pick up Wardun from DPMM?

And I also heard some rumors about an ex-Newcastle player and also an ex Scottish Premier League player (from Hibernian I think, or was it Motherwell?) on trials with SLeague. Will update u guys on that when I get more info.
hmmm. Ddog yi.I still remember him. One of the best player. He play at dpmm then he moved to balestier...

Old 26th December 2009, 03:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I quote what Sandberg said in the SAFFC press conference.

I’ve played professional football for many years in Europe – 13 years – and I’m looking for a new challenge, a new adventure. Money is not so important for me right now, I took a big pay cut to join the team
Really? If money is not so important, why don't he join Balestier? Currently he is being paid a minister's salary in Singapore, which by Singaporean standards is quite alot. Only SAFFC, with FAS's salary subsidy can they afford this guy. And he says money is not important. I'm guessing he is staying in either a condo or a landed house with Lovric and Martinez, which SAFFC has provided for FREE. And he has no CPF to contribute. I think he is just talking out of his ass. I don't think he took a paycut, because its not like he was playing for an EPL club or anything. But his pay right now is more than sufficient for him to lead a king's life in Singapore. He can even buy a house in District 10 if he wants.

Or buy my nasty neighbor's house and live next to me Can see his handsome face every morning!

Last edited by allycat; 26th December 2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 27th December 2009, 04:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

why geylang sell noh rahman.
hais... they always sell their good players. argh ><

Im gonna watch SAFFC vs Geylang. =)
5pm. good time. haha

Old 27th December 2009, 08:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
coolfella is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sometimes we have to wonder if the SLeague teams have any brain cells left in them at all. -true

Old 27th December 2009, 08:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shypineapple View Post
why geylang sell noh rahman.
hais... they always sell their good players. argh ><

Im gonna watch SAFFC vs Geylang. =)
5pm. good time. haha
Ong Lai, u haven't been following SLeague last season Geylang sold Noh Rahman to Sengkang already, then Sengkang released him and he join SAFFC. And try not to go to friendlies unless you're really hooked onto local soccer. Because the stadium will be particularly empty, the players won't play to their best and there are no ball boys!! So at CCK Stadium, when the ball rolls down the hill on the far side of the stadium, the players themselves have to run down the hill to collect it. Its like schoolchildren playing ball at their school field. Its an amazing experience for the first timer though because you won't see this sort of thing anywhere else!

I'm thinking of organizing SLeague outings so the whole bunch of us can go watch some SAFFC games. Who'se with me?

Old 27th December 2009, 12:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
TuApEkGoNg is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by allycat View Post

Money man, and the players' choice. You never know those clubs actually approached them but got rejected because of salary/visa issues. Anyway, the bankroll of S-League teams are pathethic anyway, with the exception of SAF maybe....

Promotion/Relegation, sounds interesting. But there seems like a huge gulf in standards between S-league and NFL teams.

TuApEkGoNg is offline   Add to TuApEkGoNg's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 12:53 PM   #15 (permalink)

They should renovate jalan besar stadium... Remove the wall behind the goal post and put some seats over there... That stadium also can be use for singapore match when the national stadium is torn down....

Old 27th December 2009, 01:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Boianeze View Post
They should renovate jalan besar stadium... Remove the wall behind the goal post and put some seats over there... That stadium also can be use for singapore match when the national stadium is torn down....
Behind the left wall is the swimming pool. How to remove and put seats? And behind the right wall is the coffeeshop and road. How to remove and put seats? No choice. Jalan Besar Stadium is located in a strange place anyway. Very crowded with roads and eating houses all around. I think JBS is the only stadium in Singapore where there is a coffeeshop attached to it. Whenever I have dinner at that coffeeshop while a game is still on, the drumming noises and cheers makes me want to vomit out the dinner.

Out of the big four teams, only Tampines stadium is unrenovated since 1996. I'm not sure what is the problem here. A big club should have at least a decent stadium. Bishan Stadium received a makeover for AYG and upcoming YOG. CCK Stadium the pitch has always been good, JW Stadium is even newer than JBS, and its very pretty. Maybe its just that buildings in the East don't receive much love as do buildings in the west.

Old 27th December 2009, 01:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
rowdyruffbrick is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Interesting...
Tampines Rovers FTW!!

Old 27th December 2009, 02:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I urge everyone not to attend Tiong team games. FAS is still dreaming that fans will one day embrace China team (second stringers) and support them with their heart and soul. Its time to wake them up! Don't attend any China games, even if they're playing SAFFC, Geylang or Tampines! Let them play in empty stadiums, with only a handful of China workers and Geylang pros cheering. If we keep attending, FAS will keep it up and invite even more China teams!

Old 27th December 2009, 03:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

yep, didn't follow s-league last season. only watched a few DPMM & tampines rovers games. haha :x
if SAFFC will be playing home/geylang/rovers. count me in.
the rest of the teams like no kick for SAFFC leh. :x

Old 27th December 2009, 03:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Sith will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Balestier Khalsa FTW. Even though they kind of suck man. What kind of youth policy they having?

Sith is offline   Add to Sith's Reputation Reply With Quote