S-League 2010 - Page 15 - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Sports Forum > Soccer Forums » S-League 2010

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th May 2010, 09:41 PM   #281 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
TuApEkGoNg is on a distinguished road

Re: S-League 2010

Exciting game just now la, end to end action and i thought it was really game over for Tampines in the first half.

Sponsors:
Old 15th May 2010, 03:36 PM   #282 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
pohui is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TuApEkGoNg View Post
Exciting game just now la, end to end action and i thought it was really game over for Tampines in the first half.
no wonder they always said football is a crazy game...

from d "grapevine", Stags' star Khairul Amri suffered groin injury during last night game against Gombak, and likely to miss the clash on Monday vs SAFFC at CCK

Next up at Toa Payoh as Balestier hopes to continue their fine run of late against Geylang at home... Wondering what plan dd Eagles coach Mike Wong devise after he saw the Tigers in action days ago at Jurong West

This is my blog on Singapore soccer..

Last edited by pohui; 15th May 2010 at 03:37 PM.
pohui is offline   Add to pohui's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 10:53 PM   #283 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tweets from SAFFC 0-1Gombak United on 04 Jun 10

So this was what Gombak coach Darren Stewart said about the crowds just now.... if only we can get something like this every game that have that feel of a football match

Bulls' coach Stewart (above) felt it was a gutsy, tremendous performance from his team and felt d priority to see the team get prepare for Monday game

SAF's coach Bok felt his team worked hard but failed to put away those chances they created
Follow my tweets from instant update on Singapore Soccer at http://twitter.com/pohui

Last edited by pohui; 4th June 2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 18th June 2010, 10:18 PM   #284 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A day to be remember.... and I was there...

Some worthless relic from the past....

Old 24th June 2010, 03:21 PM   #285 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
allycat is a jewel in the roughallycat is a jewel in the rough

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pohui View Post

A day to be remember.... and I was there...

Some worthless relic from the past....
Wow can't believe u still have that! In good condition too! Unfortunately the league now is abit... no idea what words best describe it. Its the WC now, so I hope the cameras during live matches don't face the main stands.

allycat is offline   Add to allycat's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 04:03 PM   #286 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by allycat View Post
Wow can't believe u still have that! In good condition too! Unfortunately the league now is abit... no idea what words best describe it. Its the WC now, so I hope the cameras during live matches don't face the main stands.
We can't afford to stop the league just because of the World Cup.

No doubt crowds suffer and interest is on the World Cup, but stop the league now will lead to fixtures piling up and delay the closing of the season, especially we are playing in the Asean championship end of the year.

Therefore, close the season as according to plan would allow the national team to prepare for their Asean campaign

Old 25th June 2010, 02:14 PM   #287 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I think its very clear the league needs a revamp, a BIG revamp at that. The people running the league is incompetant. Recently 6 players from Beijing Guo'an went back to China. After 3 PRC clubs, FAS still haven't learnt their lesson. Feeder teams are bad news, as demonstrated by Albirex. When a player performs well, he will be recalled to the parent team and they will send a lousy player to replace. This means that we will never have good players in those feeder squads.

Albirex is struggling at the bottom of the league, as usual. Tell me what is the point of having Albirex here? To provide competition or just making up the numbers. When Super Reds wanted to go local, FAS rejected them in favor of Beijing, whom nobody watches. And half of the teams in Singapore Cup consists of foreign teams, even a Cambodian team to make up numbers.

And the friggin salary cap, my god. FAS's dream is to bring the league close to the standards of Japan or Korea, but how are we gonna attract good players with $5000 per month salary? Don't talk about Japan or Korea, we can't even match the salaries of Indonesia! You get what u paid for. Cheap salaries means cheap players.

I see the league going to hell really, unless something big happens. The Sleague reports loves to inflate the attendance figure. Some live games on TV they report 1000 fans, but I counted...and unless my eyes are deceiving me, its actually just 20 fans. The false figures included the players, officials and the uncle selling nasi lemak. Even that doesn't make up 1000 fans.

If FAS thinks Beijing Guo'an can attract a packed house every week, they must be dreaming. Might as well give the chance to Yishun Reds. Some players from Yishun Reds quit football and went on to other industries, while FAS happily gave their chances to a bunch of Beijing kids who are just here for holiday, and leaving when the parent club tells them to. And promises of senior players never materialized.

Just so u all know, I have stopped following Sleague for some time now. No matter how much of a fanatic u are, when u see such things happening, you know its time to call it a day.

Old 27th June 2010, 12:51 AM   #288 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Having a gap now for the sake of the World Cup, I'm not sure if it would break the momentum of some of the teams as a lengthy period without games with competitive nature might somehow jolt the form of these teams, especially of those who are "on the form".
http://www.bolasepako.com/2010/06/show-must-go-on.html

Old 27th June 2010, 01:37 AM   #289 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Our media outlets, TV and newspapers especially gonna do a favour and report more on the league.
Anyway regarding allycat's statement, i actually thought the attendance figures seem to be deflated, especially at the Sengkang Punggol home games recently i been to.

Old 27th June 2010, 07:57 AM   #290 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Our media outlets, TV and newspapers especially gonna do a favour and report more on the league....
Have we not heard of this "plead"for years and years... as someone or many of us had mentioned this symptom as a "vicious cycle"which everyone has a part to play to break it? But should start the ball first?

General consensus
The fans - "The media has not given us enough info on the league, teams and players" "The players are playing like sh**, how to support them?"

The media - "There's nothing worth mentioning and some are not fore-coming in expressing their views, how to generate interest from here?"

The players - if you guys remember what Noh Alam Shah said in the first place before he left for Indonesia...

Just my thoughts and summarized those thoughts based on what I had heard over the years...

Old 29th June 2010, 02:49 PM   #291 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Khaled Karoubi have left Etoile, and to be replaced by some French 5th Division midfielder. Serge Pransarinth still can't pass the Beep test. David Ginola still haven't showed up. We should seriously scrape what's left of Etoile and leave the rest to bite the dust. Flav and Mendy should be made into citizens! But I doubt Flav would, but Mendy is a possibility.

And Sengkang signed a player from SCC. Its just getting worse and worse for the league. Really who would pay any amount of money to watch an SCC player play?

Old 8th July 2010, 07:09 PM   #292 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

S-League players yearn for more passion in the stands

SINGAPORE - His national team-mate and friend was ambushed, attacked and pelted with stones. But instead of reacting with anger, disgust or wishing ill on the assailants, Aleksandar Duric was jealous of the victim, Mustafic Fahrudin.

The Persija Jakarta midfielder's team bus was ambushed by rival fans, who rained stones last Friday. Mustafic was hit in the head and needed three stitches.

"I wish I would get hit by a stone thrown by an angry fan, then at least I know that there are some people here who really care about their club," Duric, who plays for S-League club Tampines Rovers, told MediaCorp last night.

"I've been here 11 years, and while I can say that the football is progressing, it is very obvious that the support is dying. At the last game against Geylang United at the Bedok Stadium on Sunday, it was so quiet I could hear the crickets," quipped the Tampines Rovers forward.

While Duric condemned the violence against Mustafic, he yearns for the passion in the stands and he is not alone.

Laughing off the incident, Mustafic told MediaCorp: "The people here in Indonesia really love their clubs. I'm very impressed, and I can't help but love it."

For Home United midfielder Isa Halim, the fanatical fans in Indonesia is a big draw.

"Noh Alam Shah showed us videos of the Arema fans, and you can really feel the home support - things like this can really rouse players on the pitch," he said.

Alam Shah and Ridhuan Muhamad play for Indonesian Super League Champions Arema Malang, and they constantly rave about the fanatical support they get.

Home's assistant coach, former Lion S Subramani, longs for the days when fans thronged the stadiums, and he was not referring to the much-vaunted Malaysia Cup era.

"When I was a player in the S-League in 1996, you hardly saw any empty seats, people were even standing at the fences, trying to peep in," he said.

"Something must be done, and it must be a whole Singapore effort - we need sponsors, better marketing, and more money to bring in quality foreign players who can light up the league," suggested Subramani. Shamir Osman

~~~~~~

LOL crickets! First of all, the incompetant management at S-League should step down. They're not football fans, they're businessmen, and very poor ones at that. How else can anyone explain why Beijing Guo'an (the 4th Tiong club) is here this season. Do they think Singaporeans will pack the stadiums to the brim, waving Beijing flags and singing Chinese football songs to support these Tiong teenagers?

Its impossible to bring quality players with the salary cap. We can't even afford Ponaryo friggin Astaman to play here, let alone "quality players". What kind of quality players are we talking about? Mooshi Tenazadeh?

Etoile is a whole team of amateurs, and they're on top of the league. Sengkang is starting to resemble those NFL clubs and Albirex are just a team of schoolchildren. And we call this a professional league? Even the Singapore Slingers can draw many times more fans than S-League.

We cannot compare now and Malaysian Cup days. Back then there wasn't Internet, and the only source of EPL was a 1 hour weekly highlights show which nobody really watches. Since there wasn't any Internet, the only football we get are Malaysian Cup, and fans of EPL follow their news through magazines and newspapers. Don't even compare with Indonesia, because I believe they don't have crazy telcos paying $400 million for EPL rights for the entire country to watch. In my opinion, Indonesia right now is like Singapore during the early to mid 90s.

Let's take Qatar for example. The population of Qatar is only 1.4 million, less than a third of Singapore's population. Yet their club Al Ahli signed Fabio Cannavaro. And who was our latest signing? Mooshi Tenazadeh. lol. He is not even a professional footballer to begin with.

Why do they have to blame the fans? S-League should blame themselves for their own undoing. Singaporeans are quality conscience people. If something is good, we buy. If something is bad, we ignore. It is not possible to get Singaporeans to pay money to watch 2 amateur teams play.

Old 18th July 2010, 10:33 PM   #293 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A gallant performance by Home United over its arch-rivals SAFFC at the Jalan Besar Stadium had these police cadets into jubilant mood.

http://www.bolasepako.com/2010/07/pi...orm-derby.html

Old 18th July 2010, 10:45 PM   #294 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
phileos is a jewel in the roughphileos is a jewel in the rough

Liked 55 Times in 46 Posts

maybe the cadets going to have OFF day when Home U win ..thats why they are in jubilant mood .. =X

Even after you pray, if U R still in Darkness - Please PAY the ELECTRICITY BILL.

PLS + my reputation points if I've helped you in any way or made a good post ...
phileos is offline   Add to phileos's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 11:10 PM   #295 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
shypineapple is a jewel in the roughshypineapple is a jewel in the rough

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I hope geylang united do well, the club I always watch since young.

I dream about you when I sleep.
shypineapple is offline   Add to shypineapple's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 10:58 PM   #296 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Originally Posted by shypineapple View Post
I hope geylang united do well, the club I always watch since young.
Hah, i thought it would be tanjong pagar since you stay near queenstown stadium.
And for real, its time to bring back those local clubs already, and the more propable choice will be Sembawang Rangers or Yishun Super Reds.

Old 20th July 2010, 12:09 AM   #297 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
shypineapple is a jewel in the roughshypineapple is a jewel in the rough

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Hah, i thought it would be tanjong pagar since you stay near queenstown stadium.
And for real, its time to bring back those local clubs already, and the more propable choice will be Sembawang Rangers or Yishun Super Reds.
erm no link... I was born in bishan & moved over to s'goon north. lol

I just like the color green & eagle. LOL =x

I dream about you when I sleep.
shypineapple is offline   Add to shypineapple's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 02:35 PM   #298 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

cool shit, i just assumed cause your location is at commonwealth, near queenstown ma...

Old 30th July 2010, 03:35 PM   #299 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Anyone else thinks Paul Lee is a racist? He seems to have something against South American players, Home United has always had a South American presence, and ever since Paul took over as coach, he forced Peres out and unceremoniously dump out San Martin. And at the same time he brought in like 4 or 5 Koreans.

On the bright side, thankfully he has carefully chosen his Korean imports. They're established players from the K-League who were ex-South Korea internationals, and not just some clubless guy from Super Reds or worse, SCC. Well, whatever works. If his choice of signings can bring home the trophy, no problem. Its still better than SAFFC's ill-fated signings this season. Richard Bok must be cursing his luck all season long.

Old 30th July 2010, 10:16 PM   #300 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Home United has been pretty impressive. Coach Lim really knows how to discipline and has the contacts to better players and that can only bode improved standards in the league.