S> LOTS of PCME + GP notes!! - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Marketplace > Classifieds > Jobs & Services > Tuition Services & Educational Supplies » S> LOTS of PCME + GP notes!!

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th March 2011, 12:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
New SGClubber
yennybenny is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
S> LOTS of PCME + GP notes!!

Hi! Just selling some handmade notes and other books that I've bought when i was studying. Please pm/email me anytime to reach me. I attained an A for GP, H2 Chemistry, H2 Maths and H1 Econs and B for H2 Physics in the 2010 GCE A Level examinations and these materials really helped alot! Click on each item to view a photo of it. More photos can be shown to you on request.

Handmade Materials:

General Paper
1. Vocabulary List - $35
Contains 190 words of frequently used words in GP essay and comprehension passages. Comes with explanations and how to use the words in a sentence. Phonics included for difficult words.

2. Important Facts on Various Topics - $35

Contains:
  • short facts on many topics in GP e.g. Science & Technology and Environmental Challenges, which can be used as examples to enhance your GP essays;
  • well-elaborated points and evaluations on topics like Clean Energy, Internet and Technology; and,
  • important criterion words frequently seen in essay questions and how to tackle them to score. E.g. what do you need to address when the question has the words 'too much', or 'should'.

Chemistry
3. Organic Chemistry Mechanisms - $5
A no nonsense set of notes, purely on the 5 mechanisms that you MUST memorize for A Levels.

Economics
4. Protectionism Notes - $2
Lists the short and long term benefits and disadvantages of practising protectionism in a page.

5. Economic Terms - $10
Lists all the definitions of the economic terms from each topic that you MUST MEMORIZE for your A Levels. Topics included are:
- Central Economic Problem
- Price Elasticites of Demand & Supply
- Market Failure
- Macroeconomics (Negative Growth, Inflation, Unemployment, Unhealthy BOP)
- International Trade

These are the topics tested for H1 Economics. However, H2 students study these same topics as well. So both H1 and H2 students can buy this.

6. Mindmap on International Trade & Globalisation - $5

Headings include:
- Causes of globalisation
- Benefits of globalisation
- Challenges of globalisation
- Advantages of FTAs
- Disadvantages of FTAs

7. “How to draw Externality Curves” notes - $2
A one-page note on the 4 externality curves.

8. [SIZE=”4”]“How to write market failure essays” notes[/SIZE] - $15
A model outline on market failure essays. You just need to change some keywords to suit the different question types e.g. +ve externality in consumption or –ve externality in production. The rest of the structure stays the same. Guaranteed to give you an L3 for your market failure essay!

9. Government Intervention on Market Failure notes - $10
A summary on the different types of government intervention on market failure, namely taxes, subsidies, tradable pollutive permits, legislation, direct provision and education. Explains what each policy is about, how it works, how well it works and how to draw diagrams to explain its usage. I’ve also included which policy goes with which type of questions, namely +ve externality in consumption, –ve externality in production, merit and demerit goods.

Materials That I Bought:

General Paper

1. General Paper Essays by Fairfield Book Publishers - $5 (U.P $10.50)

Contains 102 essays on various topics tested in GP. As good as new!

2. Read Up for General Paper Topical Studies by Fairfield Book Publishers - $5 (U.P $9.85)

Gives an introduction to each topic and explains important terms associated with each topic. E.g.What is gene manipulation, cloning and biotechnology. Also discusses the problems about each topic and provides excellent conclusions. As good as new!

3. General Paper Essay Library by Redspot - $7 (U.P $13.90)

Contains more than 100 GP frequently examined questions and essays. They have been arranged in 14 topics for easier reference. There are pointers printed at the side of each essay to help students develop their own writing and presentation skills. As good as new!

4. Essays to Stimulate Philosophical Thought by Nanyang Educational Supplies - $5 (U.P $11.25)

52 philosohipcal essays which aim at arriving at the truth. Contains ideas which may be controversial, with a number of remarks made tongue-in-cheek. Definitely a book that will make your essay strike a chord with the marker!
Some highlights inside

Economics

5. Economics Essay Library - $7 (U.P. $13.90)

In short, these are model answers to questions in each topic. There are columns at the side of each essay which help you to identify key concepts, theories or answering skills. This book is helpful as you get the main idea of what to write in essays, some asking the same concept but just phrased differently. Diagrams included. This book really helped me to understand what was actually going on in Econs. From always failing econs, I managed an A in it after buying this book! [Suitable for H1 & H2 students]
Some highlights inside

6. Economics in Public Policies - The Singapore Story by MOE, NUS and Marshall Cavendish Education - $10 (U.P. unknown)

A book all on the economics of Singapore. Read this in order to beef up your economic essays with substantial evidence. This will tell your marker that you are knowlegable in Singapore's issues. Highly recommended for H2 Economic students! As good as new!

7. Economics Made Easy and Stimulating by FBD - $5 (U.P. $10.50)This book gives students a quick outline of each topic in Economics. Good for a quick recap before every examination. Also gives many Singapore examples. Most of the book is in point-form. [Suitable for H1 & H2 students]
As good as new!

Chemistry

8. Organic & Inorganic Chemistry - A Comprehensive Summary by Pang Peng Cheong and Sam Lee - $5 (U.P. $7.00)

Contains a mindmap for every family in organic chemistry(very useful in helping you memorize!). There's also a table on the tests for identifying each organic chemistry family(important for SPA!). In addition, info on inorganic chemistry has been condensed to aid in memorizing them.
It's a little tattered due to me continually referring to the book, always! I've also added important notes inside to substantiate my revision. It's really worth the price!

Physics

9. Physics A-Level Challenging Drill Questions for H1 & H2 - questions from top JCs by a Cosmic production - $10.50 (U.P. $20.95)

Contains many challenging questions to stimulate your minds! A very good book that all physics students should get when they feel that their tuitorial questions are doable. As good as new!

Mathematics

10. GC (TI-84 Plus Graphics Calculator) - $90 (U.P. $155)
Stickers in photo can be taken out if you don't like it. Used for 2 years but still working fine. Gave me an A for Maths
I'm able to provide proof for the date of purchase if needed.

School Notes:

Physics

1. H2 Physics Notes - $20
All 20 physics topics compiled into just 19 pages! Includes important formulas and key points to remember from each topic. I've added some notes to enhance my learning. Good for reading before each Physics exam!

2. H2 Physics Lecture Notes - $20
Complete set. Email me for more info.

Chemistry

3. H2 Chemistry Lecture Notes - $30

4. SPA for Organic Chemistry (Chemical Tests) - $5
All the chemical tests that you need to know for SPA consolidated in a table.

5. Periodicity Notes - $4
A consolidation for the chapter Periodicity

6. Proteins Notes - $2
A one page consolidation for the chapter Proteins

7. Organic Chemistry Notes - $3
A one page consolidation of how each organic family link up with each other

Mathematics

8. H2 Mathematics Lecture Notes - $20

Economics

9. H1 Economics Lecture Notes - $5

10. H1 Economics March Block Test 2010 - $8
Comes with detailed solutions. Email me for info on school.
Some markings here and there

11.Marcoeconomic Problems & Policies Consolidation - $15
An 18-page consolidation of the chapter ‘Macroeconomic Indicators, Problems & Policies’. Suitable for H1 and H2 Economics students.

12. Exchange Rate Notes - $5
A 4-page notes on exchange rate. Explains what is exchange rate, what determines it, and the adjustment process. Suitable for H1 and H2 Economics students.

13. Macroeconomic Notes - $5
Lists down and explains what you need to know about the PPC, AD and AS curve, what the health of an economy depends on, and also the problem of negative economic growth and how to solve it. This note is in table-form for easy reference. Suitable for H1 and H2 Economics students.

General Paper

11. Paper 2 Workbook - $20
A compilation of 17 schools’ 2009 prelim paper 2. There’s a content page which identifies the topic tested in the comprehension passages, and also if there are one or two comprehension passages for each school’s paper.
Only summary and AQ questions given. No answers. Please ask your teacher to mark.
As good as new!

12. List of ‘A’ Level Paper 1 Questions - $10
A compilation of the GCE ‘A’ Level Paper 1 questions from 2003 to 2009.
Some markings here and there

Prelim Papers:

1. H2 Physics 2010 (binded) - $20
Includes:
TJC, VJC, AJC, NYJC, NJC, HCI, RIJC.
Comes with solutions, but only answers for some schools (not my fault!).
SPA questions included!
Most papers have been attempted by me.

2. H2 Mathematics 2010 (stapled) - $20
Includes:
NJC, RIJC, AJC, VJC, HCI.
Comes with solutions!
Some markings.

3. H2 Chemistry 2008 + 2009 (stapled) - $5
Includes:
HCI, PJC, TJC (2008)
RIJC, VJC (2009)
No solutions included!
Some papers have been attempted by me.

4. H2 Chemistry 2010 (binded) - $20
Includes:
AJC, HCI, NYJC, NJC, RJC, VJC.
Comes with solutions!
Some papers have been attempted by me.

5. H1 & H2 Economics Topical Book (binded) - $50
Topics included are:
- Demand & Supply and Elasticity,
- Market Failure
- Macroeconomic Indicators, Problems and Policies
- Globalisation and International Trade

Includes Prelim questions from various JCs, as well as A Level questions.
Comes with full detailed answers!
There are also economic articles after every topic.
Some markings

6. H1 Economics 2010 (stapled) - $15
Includes:
VJC, NJC, PJC
Comes with detailed answers!
As good as new!

7. MJC H1 Economics Prelim Paper 2010 - $10
Some markings

TYS:

1. H2 Physics - $10 (U.P. $13.60)

June & Nov, 1976 – 2003. Not on sale in stores anymore! Contains much more questions than the TYS sold today. Topic by topic.
As good as new!

2. H2 Mathematics - $2 (U.P. $4.20)

Nov 1999 – 2008. Topic by topic.
As good as new!

Cheers!

Yenny
yennruong@gmail.com

Sponsors:
Add to yennybenny's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 10:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
New SGClubber
yennybenny is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: S> LOTS of PCME + GP notes!!

New items for sale!! Please take a look

Revision Packages:

Physics

1. Physics Question Package - $30
Topics included are:
- Gravitational Field
- Superposition
- Electric Field
- Electromagnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Nuclear Physics
- Quantum Physics

Mathematics

1. JC1 Maths Revision Package - $30
Topics included are:
- Graphing Techniques
- Inequalities & System of Equations
- Functions
- Differential Equations
- Differentiation
- Binomial Series, AP/GP
- Summation & Sequences
- Method of Differences
- Mathematical Induction & Recurrence Relations
- Vectors
- Integration

Comes with answers.

2. Maths Revision Package (Full syllabus) - $40
All topics included, with answers. I also have the detailed answers for some of the questions, which was done by me for homework. (You may be wondering where the rest of the solutions are... Please look at the next item on sale)

3. Maths Revision Notes - $50
A summary of topics like:
- Techniques of integration
- Definite Integrals
- Binomial Expansion & Differentiation
- Differential Equations
- Equations & Inequalities
- Graphing Techniques
- Vectors
- Binomial & Poisson Distribution
- Normal Distribution
- Sampling
- Hypothesis Testing
- Correlation & Regression

Inside each summary sheet are questions for us to attempt. These questions are taken from the “Maths Revision Package (Full syllabus)” that I’m selling above. Only the question numbers are printed on this summary sheets, hence if you don’t have the item above, you wouldn’t know the questions. Hence, it is advisable to buy both items together. Detailed solutions have been done by me for homework.

Cheers!

Yenny
yennruong@gmail.com

yennybenny is offline   Add to yennybenny's Reputation Reply With Quote