shen zhen - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > Travel Talk > China » shen zhen

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th October 2007, 03:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
samoh is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
shen zhen

I need info abt shen zhen, cos my friend wanna me to go there? can share abt what to do there? recommend some budget hotel and stuff?

Thank you in advance :biggrin4:

Sponsors:
Add to samoh's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2007, 01:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Lautouzhi will become famous soon enough

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Re: shen zhen

Originally Posted by samoh
I need info abt shen zhen, cos my friend wanna me to go there? can share abt what to do there? recommend some budget hotel and stuff?

Thank you in advance :biggrin4:
What do you wanna do in shenzhen and macau? Macau nothing much you know? All sins la, eat,gamble and heehee, woman lor. You can do so much more in Zhuhai which is just beside Macau.
Shenzhen? What you wanna do there? Shopping? Shenzhen hotel is not expensive, RMB $250-$300 you can get very good hotel liao, no need for budget, don't go to those 5 stars hotel lor, but even 5 stars, it is abt RMB$800 only. Less than S$200 a night. Usually people will stay near the railway station lor, near luohuo commercial city. I can only think of shopping, eat and woman lor. If shopping is your main motive, ya shenzhen is pretty good to shop but abit ex compare to guangzhou.
I always go on business trip to Zhuhai, Guangzhou and Shenzhen(shenzhen lesser now, sometimes just dropby to have lunch wif my friends then go back.
Stopover in HK? Base on your questions, you are likely to land in HK. What else you wanna know?

Lautouzhi is offline   Add to Lautouzhi's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2007, 11:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hi Lautouzhi, thanks for your valuable feedback!!!! I really not sure what I am going to do there.... Cos my fren wanna me to go there.... Thanks for all your info... thanks!... hope to hear more from the rest... i really need ideas....:mellow3:

samoh is offline   Add to samoh's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2007, 02:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Lautouzhi will become famous soon enough

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

hi Lautouzhi, thanks for your valuable feedback!!!! I really not sure what I am going to do there.... Cos my fren wanna me to go there.... Thanks for all your info... thanks!... hope to hear more from the rest... i really need ideas....:mellow3:
Your friend wants you to go there for? Need ideas for? Let me get the facts right, because your friend ask you to go shenzhen without giving you a direction so you are asking what can you do in shenzhen right?

Lautouzhi is offline   Add to Lautouzhi's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2007, 08:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thanks for your concern. My fren got an assisgnment there... cos its china, my fren needs someone there lo.... I have never been there before and on tight budget cos will be there for 12 days, that y i needed some advise. Thanks so much!

Old 15th October 2007, 12:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
dandan. has a spectacular aura about

LOL ? same ?
im gonna go there for 12 days .
of which 4 in shenzhen the rest in hk .

Old 17th October 2007, 03:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
yellowcoral is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well... when in shenzhen be careful.
there's pick-pocket.
not to mention, be careful what u are buying. they got many fake goods.
also remember to bargin.
when visiting tourist spot, if ppl want take yr photo. pls reject, unless u want buy yr photo souvenir.

i went with tour group, so i dun know go where. so that part i cannot help u.

yellowcoral is offline   Add to yellowcoral's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 03:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thanks yellowcoral, for your advise!!!!

Old 19th October 2007, 03:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
wildswans is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Can provide more info on Zhuhai?

wildswans is offline   Add to wildswans's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 05:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wildswans
Can provide more info on Zhuhai?
The following is my research on Zhu hai:
Zhuhai is a prefecture-level city on the southern coast of Guangdong province in the People's Republic of China. Located in the Pearl River Delta, Zhuhai borders Jiangmen to the northwest, Zhongshan to the north, and Macau to the south. Zhuhai was one of the original Special Economic Zones established in the 1980s.

At present, there is an expressway linking Zhuhai and Foshan. Heavy traffic between Zhuhai and Macau has led to the construction of a new cross-border corridor, the Lotus Bridge to divert traffic away from the congested Gongbei gate. As part of the Pearl River Delta integration, a Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge is projected.

Following Guangzhou and Shenzhen, Zhuhai is the third city in Guangdong province earning the largest foreign exchange from international tourism, which amounted to US$ 0.5 billion in 2002.

The local tourist spots such as Hengqin (橫琴島), Dong'ao (東澳), Hebao (荷包), Qi'ao (淇澳島) and Yeli (野狸). Highlight is the New Yuan Ming Palace (圓明新園) is a park with a lake. It features a partial reconstruction of the Old Summer Palace in Beijing, destroyed in 1860 by French and British troops during the second Opium War, and never rebuilt on its original site.

Other places to visit:
From North to South:

Jinding (金鼎 Jīn-Dǐng) - a village whose main attraction is an excellent Pizza place run by an Englishman - reached via 3, 10 or sightseeing bus
Tangjiawan (唐家湾 Tng-Jiā-Wān) - a moderate size town with good street food late at night
Xiangzhou (香洲 Xiāng-Zhōu) - government offices, several big department stores, some bars and restaurants; residential districts are where the locals mainly go shopping
Jida (吉大 J-D ) - has lots of offices, high end hotels and shopping complexes
Gongbei (拱北 Gǒng-Běi) - the main tourist area with cheap hotels, lots of cheap clothing, electronics, souvenirs, walking street (步行街 B-Xng-Jiē) and bar street (酒吧街 Jiǔ-Bā-Jiē), and at the southern edge an underground shopping center and the Macau border
Wanzai (湾仔) - has a ferry station to Macau and a seafood street.
Doumen (斗门 Dǒu-Mn) - in the West; the local airport is here, also hotspring areas

At the border
There is a huge underground shopping complex (拱北地下广场 Gǒng-Běi-D-Xi-Guǎng-Chǎng) right at the Macau border in Gongbei. In the picture, the entire open concrete area has two floors of shops under it. There are several hundred shops, many with goods targeted to tourists - clothing and shoes, jade and other jewellery, crafts including a lot of Tibetan stuff, consumer electronics, and so on.

There are also many CDs and DVDs, mainly unlicensed copies. Also available in abundance here are imitation watches with incredible resemblance to the real stuff (Rolex, Breitling, Patek Philippe and Omega, just to name a few). Even among these fakes, differences in grade can be seen for the same model in different shops. Whatever you buy here, always bargain and bargain hard.

There is a HI youth hostel in Zhuhai which is located in the "Zhuhai Holiday Resort". This is in Jida, on number 4 bus route

Tourist Trap
Some tour guides will take you to a Chinese medicine company called Bai Chao Tang (百草堂). They tell you it is compulsory to visit that place because it is a government appointed 'tourism site'. There are some 'doctor' or 'professors' in there who will listen to your pulse and prescribe some very expensive chinese herbs for you. There's probably nothing wrong with the herbs, just that you can get them at a much cheaper price outside.

Also beware of changing foreign money into RMB in the underground shopping mall at Gongbei. Several shops may give you fake money.

Hope this will help u get ard.....:biggrin4:

Old 20th October 2007, 04:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
wildswans is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The following is my research on Zhu hai:
Zhuhai is a prefecture-level city on the southern coast of Guangdong province in the People's Republic of China. Located in the Pearl River Delta, Zhuhai borders Jiangmen to the northwest, Zhongshan to the north, and Macau to the south. Zhuhai was one of the original Special Economic Zones established in the 1980s.

At present, there is an expressway linking Zhuhai and Foshan. Heavy traffic between Zhuhai and Macau has led to the construction of a new cross-border corridor, the Lotus Bridge to divert traffic away from the congested Gongbei gate. As part of the Pearl River Delta integration, a Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge is projected.

Following Guangzhou and Shenzhen, Zhuhai is the third city in Guangdong province earning the largest foreign exchange from international tourism, which amounted to US$ 0.5 billion in 2002.

The local tourist spots such as Hengqin (橫琴島), Dong'ao (東澳), Hebao (荷包), Qi'ao (淇澳島) and Yeli (野狸). Highlight is the New Yuan Ming Palace (圓明新園) is a park with a lake. It features a partial reconstruction of the Old Summer Palace in Beijing, destroyed in 1860 by French and British troops during the second Opium War, and never rebuilt on its original site.

Other places to visit:
From North to South:

Jinding (金鼎 Jīn-Dǐng) - a village whose main attraction is an excellent Pizza place run by an Englishman - reached via 3, 10 or sightseeing bus
Tangjiawan (唐家湾 Tng-Jiā-Wān) - a moderate size town with good street food late at night
Xiangzhou (香洲 Xiāng-Zhōu) - government offices, several big department stores, some bars and restaurants; residential districts are where the locals mainly go shopping
Jida (吉大 J-D ) - has lots of offices, high end hotels and shopping complexes
Gongbei (拱北 Gǒng-Běi) - the main tourist area with cheap hotels, lots of cheap clothing, electronics, souvenirs, walking street (步行街 B-Xng-Jiē) and bar street (酒吧街 Jiǔ-Bā-Jiē), and at the southern edge an underground shopping center and the Macau border
Wanzai (湾仔) - has a ferry station to Macau and a seafood street.
Doumen (斗门 Dǒu-Mn) - in the West; the local airport is here, also hotspring areas

At the border
There is a huge underground shopping complex (拱北地下广场 Gǒng-Běi-D-Xi-Guǎng-Chǎng) right at the Macau border in Gongbei. In the picture, the entire open concrete area has two floors of shops under it. There are several hundred shops, many with goods targeted to tourists - clothing and shoes, jade and other jewellery, crafts including a lot of Tibetan stuff, consumer electronics, and so on.

There are also many CDs and DVDs, mainly unlicensed copies. Also available in abundance here are imitation watches with incredible resemblance to the real stuff (Rolex, Breitling, Patek Philippe and Omega, just to name a few). Even among these fakes, differences in grade can be seen for the same model in different shops. Whatever you buy here, always bargain and bargain hard.

There is a HI youth hostel in Zhuhai which is located in the "Zhuhai Holiday Resort". This is in Jida, on number 4 bus route

Tourist Trap
Some tour guides will take you to a Chinese medicine company called Bai Chao Tang (百草堂). They tell you it is compulsory to visit that place because it is a government appointed 'tourism site'. There are some 'doctor' or 'professors' in there who will listen to your pulse and prescribe some very expensive chinese herbs for you. There's probably nothing wrong with the herbs, just that you can get them at a much cheaper price outside.

Also beware of changing foreign money into RMB in the underground shopping mall at Gongbei. Several shops may give you fake money.

Hope this will help u get ard.....:biggrin4:

Thanks loads for the info....

Had heard that its easy to visit both Zhuhai and Macau on the same day...

But the bus system on Macau is absolutely confusing...

wildswans is offline   Add to wildswans's Reputation Reply With Quote