US Shipment Forwarding - vPost / comgateway / borderlinx - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > Shopping Lovers » US Shipment Forwarding - vPost / comgateway / borderlinx

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th March 2008, 03:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
New SGClubber
hairycoo is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
US Shipment Forwarding - vPost / comgateway / borderlinx

Anybody uses borderlinx (Globeshopper) before? I've been using vPost for a while and sometimes if the merchant ship in larger boxes, the shipping cost will go sky high. I've been wanting to try comgateway, but some say that theire service sucks. Does anybody here tried using them before?

Add to hairycoo's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 10:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
New SGClubber
colddagger is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: US Shipment Forwarding - vPost / comgateway / borderlinx

Borderlinx service sucks. Without knowing that there is a tie up between Borderlinx and Citibank, I registered an account with them. Despite me choosing Singapore as my country, I was registered as an EU customer and given a New York address, and charged a registration fee of USD$5.

I only realized I need a Citibank card when I wanted to ship items back. Only then did I contact their customer support and received HORRIBLE support. They pushed ALL the blame to me. I don't understand how the blame can be on me, since I already chose my country as Singapore, unless of course they didn't know Singapore is not an EU nation.

Such practices is akin to holding my goods hostage and forcing me to get a Citibank Card. Despite their cheap shipping charges, this is probably the last time I will use them. Consider VPOST as an alternative. They accept all major credit cards.

colddagger is offline   Add to colddagger's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 10:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
workingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to all

Liked 174 Times in 130 Posts

use.... ME! i live in US and run a forward shipping business

Old 19th December 2008, 11:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
New SGClubber
gohsoh is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey, can I order something to your US Address and you send it to me at cheap cheap cost!!

gohsoh is offline   Add to gohsoh's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 11:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
DoraTheExplorer is a jewel in the roughDoraTheExplorer is a jewel in the roughDoraTheExplorer is a jewel in the roughDoraTheExplorer is a jewel in the roughDoraTheExplorer is a jewel in the roughDoraTheExplorer is a jewel in the rough

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts

vPost is very ex is some cases. Digital Life reported all this before. I thought it was Globeshopper which had one of the better services.

Old 27th February 2009, 09:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
New SGClubber
tunge is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by colddagger View Post
Borderlinx service sucks. Without knowing that there is a tie up between Borderlinx and Citibank, I registered an account with them. Despite me choosing Singapore as my country, I was registered as an EU customer and given a New York address, and charged a registration fee of USD$5.

I only realized I need a Citibank card when I wanted to ship items back. Only then did I contact their customer support and received HORRIBLE support. They pushed ALL the blame to me. I don't understand how the blame can be on me, since I already chose my country as Singapore, unless of course they didn't know Singapore is not an EU nation.

Such practices is akin to holding my goods hostage and forcing me to get a Citibank Card. Despite their cheap shipping charges, this is probably the last time I will use them. Consider VPOST as an alternative. They accept all major credit cards.
r u VERY sure u chose singapore as ur country when u registered, because if u did when u fill up ur registeration, u'd be ask to give ur citibank card number.. so

in this case u just gotta ask urself if the one who screwed up was yourself, cos seems like u didn't read the terms carefully and now u blame Borderlinx...

tunge is offline   Add to tunge's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 08:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
New SGClubber
Markseiff is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Comgateway.com is sucks. If they can't add name they should write in they F&Q. My brother use my account. After package in account they closed my account.

And i contact them via live chat. Costumer service "Ash" agree to shipped but must pay via paypal. Then after 2 days, the parcel hasn't shipped and no information anything. They want shipped back to merchant, ok no problem i said it was friday 23 april 2010. Then 27 april 2010 thuesday i contact them again and asking about tracking number and this time i chat with costumer service andrea.

He said the parcel has shipped back since 20 april 2010. What the f**k so they shipped back and never told me before i askung shipped back? I said ok no problem. And i want tracking number and i want ask the merchant sent to another address but in that day andrea can't give me tracking number because the shipping currier USPS close on tuesday (do you believe usps close) since 20 april until 27 april don't have tracking?

And andrea said tommorow will email me the tracking number. But until today 1 may i never recieved any email from them. My item CAMERA Canon Eos 50D. After i searching2 on google there some people had this problem like this with this COMGATEWAY SCAM singapore drop ship.

If your parcel is cheap, they will let your parcel shipped. If expensive, they want your parcel.

Markseiff is offline   Add to Markseiff's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 05:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
New SGClubber
geri06 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by workingtoohard View Post
Hi workingtoohard, you run a forward shipping business? That sounds cool , can you PM me your rates? I've been shipping with vpost and have been using them because i find their rates quite reasonable when I consolidate all my packages for my spree-ers.

geri06 is offline   Add to geri06's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 03:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
New SGClubber
cirruslogic is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don't use Vpost. Let me explain.

I bought a book from Amazon using VPost USA's shipping address. The book agent is one Superdeals. When the shipment arrived it was the wrong book. I sent a message to Vpost and Superdeals asking for assistance. Superdeals replied saying I would have to return the wrong book using US postal service and then they will send the right book to me and they would refund me on the USPS charges. I told them I was using VPost and they said no refunds on other postal services. Now I still haven't got my book and I'm utterly pissed off.

cirruslogic is offline   Add to cirruslogic's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 02:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
New SGClubber
synga is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I use viaddress instead of borderlinx. Their prices are more competitive and Ive been using them for ebay and amazon loots! Used them for a few months now and am happy so far.

they will give you a usa postal address for free and ship them to sg, and also if the merchant doesnt allow intl credit cards, they also will purchase it 4 u and ship it over.

their website is viaddress.com if u want to take a look. they give u a chart for price comparisons!

synga is offline   Add to synga's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 04:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
New SGClubber
synga is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I recommend Viaddress instead of borderlinx or vpost. They have very competitive rates. You can check out their website @ viaddress.com to see the comparative pricings. They also give u a usa address if u make purchases in the us, and will pay for your purchases if the vendors do not accept intl credit cards. overall im very pleased with their services.

synga is offline   Add to synga's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 04:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
ssian will become famous soon enoughssian will become famous soon enoughssian will become famous soon enough

are you serious ?
How much do you charge ?

Old 29th June 2010, 09:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
New SGClubber
CopperSquad is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes! I've used Comgateway and have been using Comgateway for about maybe 7 shipments so far?

They've been great for me and once I had shipped 2 items that were the SAME order but one was measured to be larger - and I sent them an email to enquire about it and they got back to me I think within a day with a photograph taken of the package showing that it really was larger. Just got sent in a different box as the other similar order.

Also, the packages come in a week or two. With the express service, maybe 3 days? Can't remember exactly but it's been good everytime!

I've used their support about 2-3 times perhaps and it's through a live chat so its really, really fast.

I think if you make comparisons between Comgateway and VPost and Borderlinx, you're probably going to start comparing things that may not even matter.

Comgateway has worked well (and really well) for me and I'm sticking with them! Gets the deliveries in.

Well, I say go for Comgateway if you want something shipped in.

Never used VPost or Borderlinx so can't say for those, but Comgateway does it for me!

CopperSquad is offline   Add to CopperSquad's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2010, 10:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
New SGClubber
ni3feng is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

borderlinx are a bunch of unethical business people they changed the weight from 2kg to 8.5kg to earn from it. I was lucky my seller used UPS to deliver to the borderlinx address and UPS uses volumetric weight too. UPS stated 4lbs = 2kg approx. when i questioned borderlinx (since they tell me the volumetric bullshit) usng UPS weight calculated they quickly shipped my item at 8.5kg and ignored all my emails and the customer service chat even said someone is already looking into it. wonder if i can get citibank to stop payment to them ....

ni3feng is offline   Add to ni3feng's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2010, 11:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
ssian will become famous soon enoughssian will become famous soon enoughssian will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ni3feng View Post
borderlinx are a bunch of unethical business people they changed the weight from 2kg to 8.5kg to earn from it. I was lucky my seller used UPS to deliver to the borderlinx address and UPS uses volumetric weight too. UPS stated 4lbs = 2kg approx. when i questioned borderlinx (since they tell me the volumetric bullshit) usng UPS weight calculated they quickly shipped my item at 8.5kg and ignored all my emails and the customer service chat even said someone is already looking into it. wonder if i can get citibank to stop payment to them ....
I doubt so. The moment they shipped out your item, they will do the transaction or even before they shipped your items out. To stop, yes bank will investigate if it's a scam or misused by another party

Old 9th October 2010, 04:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
New SGClubber
maidencovelj is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh, I use Borderlinx for my purchases from Amazon USA on several occassions. No issues so far.

Just a note, try to take note not to exceed $400 in value each shipment or you will be taxed 7% for imports.

maidencovelj is offline   Add to maidencovelj's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 05:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
New SGClubber
maerceci is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi,
Can PM me your rates?

Old 28th March 2011, 10:16 AM   #18 (permalink)
New SGClubber
kfashion is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hi!

we are offering US ordering service in the form of sprees to save on shipping fee to Singapore. Do visit us at kfashion-ladies2(dot)blogspot(dot)com for more info! ^^

Old 29th March 2011, 11:43 AM   #19 (permalink)
New SGClubber
azl-128 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I guess vPost is the best one out there?

azl-128 is offline   Add to azl-128's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 04:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
smallbum will become famous soon enoughsmallbum will become famous soon enough

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

I used to use Vpost until they sent my orders separately w/o consolidating them. They charged me 2x the shipping fee, I made a complaint but they only offered to a discount on my next purchase.

I have started to use Borderlinx. It's slightly more expensive (a few dollars only) than Vpost but a lot faster. They let the user control when to ship out the items.

smallbum is offline   Add to smallbum's Reputation Reply With Quote