Shock Sensing Alarm for Suzuki Swift Sport - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Automobile Forum » Shock Sensing Alarm for Suzuki Swift Sport

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th February 2009, 05:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
cjg
Cool SGClubber
cjg is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shock Sensing Alarm for Suzuki Swift Sport

Having booked a Swift Sport recently, I am left wondering why the car doesn't have any shock sensing alarm while it comes with Keyless Entry, and Immobilizer.

Does anyone here know if I can just install a shock sensor alarm which does not interfere with the car's original security system? Meaning I wish to simply arm the car to detect shock and not remotely activate its central locking mechanisms?

CM is rather 'sticky' about their Warranty Terms, to the extent that I cannot even install a third party horn at their service center although allowed. But its a No Brainer - if they don't allow external workshops to temper with the car's internals, wouldn't installing a horn void the Warranty?

I'm beginning to feel I may not like the after sales relationship with CM.

Sponsors:
Add to cjg's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 08:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
logging off
typeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to behold

Liked 312 Times in 239 Posts
Re: Shock Sensing Alarm for Suzuki Swift Sport

Originally Posted by cjg View Post
Having booked a Swift Sport recently, I am left wondering why the car doesn't have any shock sensing alarm while it comes with Keyless Entry, and Immobilizer.

Does anyone here know if I can just install a shock sensor alarm which does not interfere with the car's original security system? Meaning I wish to simply arm the car to detect shock and not remotely activate its central locking mechanisms?

CM is rather 'sticky' about their Warranty Terms, to the extent that I cannot even install a third party horn at their service center although allowed. But its a No Brainer - if they don't allow external workshops to temper with the car's internals, wouldn't installing a horn void the Warranty?

I'm beginning to feel I may not like the after sales relationship with CM.
um.. might want to post that in swift club instead? don't think there are many swift drivers here.

But logically, it's alright to install a shock sensor alarm and not tap into the car's central locking mechanism or ignition system (for immobilizers). basically just need to give power to that unit, that's all right? (it comes with its own siren/horn also?) If you tap it directly from the car's battery, can even DIY it. No cutting/splicing of any wires or tampering with interior panels/etc, probably just need to poke thru the firewall to locate the main unit inside, and easily removable anytime without leaving a trace.

so you'll have 2 remotes, one to deactivate the shock alarm, and the other to unlock the car? Shouldn't interfere with warranty as well, since when you bring it back to claim or service, you can always remove that alarm.

and so on to viscosity.

Last edited by typeX; 26th February 2009 at 08:51 PM.
typeX is offline   Add to typeX's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 09:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
masterboix will become famous soon enough

ya..Nid to remove them but at first u will find it troublesome..

Old 27th February 2009, 02:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
cjg
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by typeX View Post
um.. might want to post that in swift club instead? don't think there are many swift drivers here.

But logically, it's alright to install a shock sensor alarm and not tap into the car's central locking mechanism or ignition system (for immobilizers). basically just need to give power to that unit, that's all right? (it comes with its own siren/horn also?) If you tap it directly from the car's battery, can even DIY it. No cutting/splicing of any wires or tampering with interior panels/etc, probably just need to poke thru the firewall to locate the main unit inside, and easily removable anytime without leaving a trace.

so you'll have 2 remotes, one to deactivate the shock alarm, and the other to unlock the car? Shouldn't interfere with warranty as well, since when you bring it back to claim or service, you can always remove that alarm.
Hey thank you very much! I have a clearer idea now!
The reason I am not familiar with meddling with such things is that I have only recently begun using car alarms after driving for so long! The MSCP where I park in my HDB estate has become so notorious over the years since 2006, that an alarm is essential!

One more question is; where can I find an alarm that basically just provides shock sensing trigger? Or does it simply mean I don't plug the rest of the control features into the central alarm control unit?

Seriously, I never use alarms till last year onwards.

Last edited by cjg; 27th February 2009 at 03:00 AM.
cjg is offline   Add to cjg's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 11:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
logging off
typeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cjg View Post
Hey thank you very much! I have a clearer idea now!
The reason I am not familiar with meddling with such things is that I have only recently begun using car alarms after driving for so long! The MSCP where I park in my HDB estate has become so notorious over the years since 2006, that an alarm is essential!

One more question is; where can I find an alarm that basically just provides shock sensing trigger? Or does it simply mean I don't plug the rest of the control features into the central alarm control unit?

Seriously, I never use alarms till last year onwards.
actually i.... don't use alarms also. lol! but i'm just approaching this from a logical way.
my ex-car came with 2 alarms for some reason and i removed everything for simplicity and to save weight.

yea, you just don't connect the other wires. so basically it's just a shock sensor + siren with a unit and a remote to disarm that sensor. its main function is just to make as much noise when tripped right? stock alarm takes care of the immobilizer part so the engine can't start. Might not want to get those too complicated types with too many functions or too many 'criterias' for it to be disarmed. For those that say, need the engine to be started or something to be fully deactivated once the car's unlocked, can install a hidden switch to 'trick' the unit into thinking that way. It's all voltages with these electronic stuff. can also install a LED light so you know if it's armed or not, and a sorta deterrent also. Most impt is all these don't need to tap into your car's existing wiring, so its safe and easily removed. The 12V feedback voltage can be taken from the battery also. (rem to get a fuse for all wires from the battery)

not sure if they sell purely standalone shock sensor units though, but i recall seeing shock sensor 'add ons' for car alarms. Not sure if its for a specific brand or generic, though these require tapping into the car's wiring. also not sure if alarm installers know how to install that way. think its better if you DIY it or get someone who knows why instead of just following the instructions. makes it easier to think outside the box.

can confirm with the shop first that it works without connecting the rest of the wires before buying though. although with most electronics its easy to trick the unit into thinking the way you want. its only 'yes' or 'no' for most cases, either +12V or 0V. from there its 'IF', 'AND', 'OR'.. etc. criterias to fill before making the final decision.

the above is from a theoretical pov only, but with some engineering logic.

and so on to viscosity.

Last edited by typeX; 27th February 2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 27th February 2009, 04:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
vios21 is just really nicevios21 is just really nice

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

Hey there, i'm a swift sports owner.

Mine's from PI so it's keyless entry.

From what i remembered, CM swift sports don't come with keyless entry? Maybe it's change to compete with PI.

My experience in adding alarms is troublesome because the keyless function senses the remote and triggers off a warning buzzer when not detected. IF your installer does'nt do it properly, he's gonna screw the whole system up.

One of the good alarms around would have to be crimestopper, full shock sensor and good range of about 1-2km if i remembered the 3rd generations specification correctly.

Alternatively you can try the following steps at your own risk to activate your JDM alarm. Not sure about CM but you can give it a try.

1) Sit in car
2) Use master lock switch and lock all the doors
3) Manually UNLOCK the driver door
4) Put the spare key into the ignition and take it out (do this 4 times)
5) Press master lock button 3 times (like this: lock, unlock, lock, unlock, lock unlock)
6)Within 15 seconds, Repeat Number 4 and Number 5 together til you hear a BEEEEEEP (This is the part that will co*k up the easiest: )
7) As soon as you hear the beeeep, you are done Voila. Blinking red light. All done.

Alarm Mode 1
At this stage your alarm is set to When the alarm is armed and the door is open from inside, nothing happens, LED continues to be blinking at a slow pace until the alarm is deactivated. We'll call this Alarm Mode 1

Alarm Mode 2
Repeating steps 2 to 6 again after you successfully hear the single beep will result in TWO LONG BEEPSand will get your alarm to MODE 2 which is When the alarm is armed and the door is open from inside, a continuous beeping tone within the cabin and hazzard lights were observed. The beeping tone and hazzard lights stopped by itself approx 1 min later.

Alarm Mode 3
Repeating steps 2 to 6 again after you successfully hear the DOUBLE beep will result in THREE LONG BEEPS and will get your alarm to MODE 3 which is When the alarm is armed and the door is open from inside, a continuous beeping tone within the cabin and hazzard lights were observed. After approx 15 sec, the horn started blasting.

Alarm Mode 4
Repeating steps 2 to 6 again after you successfully hear the THREE beep will result in ONE LONG BEEP and will get your alarm to MODE 4 which apparently disables it

vios21 is offline   Add to vios21's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 05:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
cjg
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vios21 View Post
Hey there, i'm a swift sports owner.

Mine's from PI so it's keyless entry.

From what i remembered, CM swift sports don't come with keyless entry? Maybe it's change to compete with PI.

My experience in adding alarms is troublesome because the keyless function senses the remote and triggers off a warning buzzer when not detected. IF your installer does'nt do it properly, he's gonna screw the whole system up.

One of the good alarms around would have to be crimestopper, full shock sensor and good range of about 1-2km if i remembered the 3rd generations specification correctly.

Alternatively you can try the following steps at your own risk to activate your JDM alarm. Not sure about CM but you can give it a try.

1) Sit in car
2) Use master lock switch and lock all the doors
3) Manually UNLOCK the driver door
4) Put the spare key into the ignition and take it out (do this 4 times)
5) Press master lock button 3 times (like this: lock, unlock, lock, unlock, lock unlock)
6)Within 15 seconds, Repeat Number 4 and Number 5 together til you hear a BEEEEEEP (This is the part that will co*k up the easiest: )
7) As soon as you hear the beeeep, you are done Voila. Blinking red light. All done.

Alarm Mode 1
At this stage your alarm is set to When the alarm is armed and the door is open from inside, nothing happens, LED continues to be blinking at a slow pace until the alarm is deactivated. We'll call this Alarm Mode 1

Alarm Mode 2
Repeating steps 2 to 6 again after you successfully hear the single beep will result in TWO LONG BEEPSand will get your alarm to MODE 2 which is When the alarm is armed and the door is open from inside, a continuous beeping tone within the cabin and hazzard lights were observed. The beeping tone and hazzard lights stopped by itself approx 1 min later.

Alarm Mode 3
Repeating steps 2 to 6 again after you successfully hear the DOUBLE beep will result in THREE LONG BEEPS and will get your alarm to MODE 3 which is When the alarm is armed and the door is open from inside, a continuous beeping tone within the cabin and hazzard lights were observed. After approx 15 sec, the horn started blasting.

Alarm Mode 4
Repeating steps 2 to 6 again after you successfully hear the THREE beep will result in ONE LONG BEEP and will get your alarm to MODE 4 which apparently disables it
Hey bro., thanks for the info.
But I'd tackle learning Arabic anytime than this approach. Very complicated and I've gt way too much other stuff to read up on at work.
I'll just setup a single simple shock sensing unit, and then transfer my in-car vid cams and wirings and I'm back on the roads.

cjg added 2 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

actually i.... don't use alarms also. lol! but i'm just approaching this from a logical way.
my ex-car came with 2 alarms for some reason and i removed everything for simplicity and to save weight.

yea, you just don't connect the other wires. so basically it's just a shock sensor + siren with a unit and a remote to disarm that sensor. its main function is just to make as much noise when tripped right? stock alarm takes care of the immobilizer part so the engine can't start. Might not want to get those too complicated types with too many functions or too many 'criterias' for it to be disarmed. For those that say, need the engine to be started or something to be fully deactivated once the car's unlocked, can install a hidden switch to 'trick' the unit into thinking that way. It's all voltages with these electronic stuff. can also install a LED light so you know if it's armed or not, and a sorta deterrent also. Most impt is all these don't need to tap into your car's existing wiring, so its safe and easily removed. The 12V feedback voltage can be taken from the battery also. (rem to get a fuse for all wires from the battery)

not sure if they sell purely standalone shock sensor units though, but i recall seeing shock sensor 'add ons' for car alarms. Not sure if its for a specific brand or generic, though these require tapping into the car's wiring. also not sure if alarm installers know how to install that way. think its better if you DIY it or get someone who knows why instead of just following the instructions. makes it easier to think outside the box.

can confirm with the shop first that it works without connecting the rest of the wires before buying though. although with most electronics its easy to trick the unit into thinking the way you want. its only 'yes' or 'no' for most cases, either +12V or 0V. from there its 'IF', 'AND', 'OR'.. etc. criterias to fill before making the final decision.

the above is from a theoretical pov only, but with some engineering logic.
Well thanks a lot TypeX, and all who advised.
I can't wait to collect the Swift Sport, and worse part is I can't stop thinking of how it felt during the test drive 2 weeks ago! This feeling is like "in love with a girl" feeling.. shhh better not let my wife hear or read this...

Last edited by cjg; 27th February 2009 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Post Bumping
Old 27th February 2009, 10:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
logging off

no probs.
can start the count down already, one month is not too long.~

btw vios21, didn't know to arm the alarm have such a technique. reminds me of those cheat codes for video games. lol!

and so on to viscosity.
Old 6th March 2009, 01:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
cjg
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

no probs.
can start the count down already, one month is not too long.~

btw vios21, didn't know to arm the alarm have such a technique. reminds me of those cheat codes for video games. lol!
Wah Wednesday was so intense; tracked the COE bidding until 4pm. Finally with Guaranteed COE option signed and 2k top-up agreed, COE was secured. At 4890 Cat A this round, under Non-guaranteed I'd still be unsuccessful.

Anyway, my SSS is confirmed collectable by or before 19th March! So bloody kanjiong now. The 'in-love' factor is making me look like zombie at work...

Old 11th March 2009, 02:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
little_prince is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

congrats! it's a great car!

little_prince is offline   Add to little_prince's Reputation Reply With Quote