Help Should I get back my $ from my EX? - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > Love & Relationships > Family Matters » Help: Should I get back my $ from my EX?

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th November 2011, 03:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
New SGClubber
sadlyt is on a distinguished road

Should I get back my $ from my EX?

Hi All,

I need advice on what I should do to get what I should from my ex husband. My case is very complicated and not easy to understand I think. After all these things that happened, I only can conclude that I'm naive. I hope I can get assistance from here and guide me to the bright future of me and daughter.

Brief description:
- I was a single parent before I turned 18 and gave birth to a baby girl. ( Biological father didn't want to take responsibility )
- Within 1 year, My ex husband came into my life. He love me and my daughter very much. My family likes him too and his family also accepted us with my daughter then I married him 2 years later.
- We had a son soon after.
- Brought 4RM HDB.
- Because of home violence I leave him.( was seriously beaten up and locked up by him)
- Agreement on our house is that he will be taking over my share and I will just get back what I have contributed in CPF.
- We came to a mutual understanding that he will take care both of my kids and give them the best I will give him everything single cent of the house profit.( as showing gratitude of him taking care of my girl for the time being, about 2 years till i get a flat myself) he agrees.
- File divorce as 3 years separation. ($1 maintenance fee and just get back my CPF money) easy divorce and he wanted me to file as he didn't want to pay($2k).

Current Situation:

- Due to the sales of our flat, court order need to be changed. ( This time round he said he will pay $2.Xk, without me asking.)
- Sales of house will be completed very soon.
- the day before my signature to the last document of HDB ( transfer ownership), I found out many things that he is cheating on me. ( I asked him to loan me some $ from the profit to help me get a flat faster so that I can bring my daughter with me. He gave excuses that he need to pay HDB $40k, bla bla bla so he have no $ to help me. I questioned him why he need to pay HDB that amount he never reply me and he just emphasizing on the CPF money that I am taking back and other nonsense.) He insisted that he didn't earn any money from our house.

I know I was stupid previously to even trust him. Now I want to know if I should get back what I deserved from him. But If disturb the sale of the flat both of us will be sue by the buyer. I have consulted 2 lawyers now and they have analysis with me that my chances of winning are slim because last minute changing the court order again the judge will think that due to my greediness I am going after the profit of the house.

I know once i talk to him I will have to bring my girl with me in case he do anything to her. I cannot trust him anymore. Can someone give me some advise?

Thank you very much.

Sadly,
Foolish Woman

Add to sadlyt's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2011, 03:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
HEERO has a spectacular aura aboutHEERO has a spectacular aura aboutHEERO has a spectacular aura aboutHEERO has a spectacular aura about

Re: Should I get back my $ from my EX?

You've been thinking about this in your mind already so the thoughts is already there.

If you want it back then just plan wisely and take it back what's rightfully yours.
If you just wanna save alot of trouble then just give it up.

But few years down the road you might likely regret not getting it back.

Old 14th November 2011, 06:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Locutus is a glorious beacon of lightLocutus is a glorious beacon of lightLocutus is a glorious beacon of lightLocutus is a glorious beacon of lightLocutus is a glorious beacon of lightLocutus is a glorious beacon of lightLocutus is a glorious beacon of light

Liked 64 Times in 41 Posts

At this point, you have done your own homework which is that you have already consulted with 2 lawyers, and both have advised you that your chances of winning are slim. They are the ones who could best advise you on your course of action and they have already done so.

Don't go down a pointless path just because you feel agrieved for being cheated.

Old 14th November 2011, 12:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
New SGClubber
sadlyt is on a distinguished road

There is still a way. Which is talk to him 1st before i sign. I am just thinking how to talk to him in a tactful way.. of course make things worse we will both die together. what is the point. So I don't think that he will be that stupid to not cooperate with me.

( PS: he is using the money to get married and other stuffs but lied to me and said that he need to pay back to HDB due to some loans or whatsoever. He thought I don't know.)

sadlyt is offline   Add to sadlyt's Reputation Reply With Quote
Members who Liked this post by sadlyt:
marc2 (14th November 2011)