Sigh, sister problems. Again! - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > Love & Relationships > Family Matters » Sigh, sister problems. Again!

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th February 2010, 09:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Songwriter
theliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to behold

Liked 179 Times in 124 Posts
Sigh, sister problems. Again!

A couple of months or so back, I ranted a complaint against my youngest sister. Guess what, my second sister just pushed my nerves to near breaking point.

I don't know what's wrong with her. For aeons, she's been trying to put me down in every aspect possible. Most of the times I ignored it, knowing that's her nature. I've been trying to support her in every venture she attempts to try, whether she succeeds or not, that's another story.
However, it is like as if she just WANTS to put me down and show herself as superior. I know that for many years, she's been badmouthing me behind my back. Partly because I do not mix well with people in my age group (another story), so she goes around telling people that I'm "immature" because I mix better with the younger youths in church.
I do not speak ill about her, but she constantly speaks ill about me. I don't know the reasons, but her claims always tend to be equally "immature". She whines and complains to everyone (who is willing to lend her ears) about what she doesn't like about me at home. Even small matters, she'll blow it up tenfold and illustrate me as a living nightmare, "immature" for my age, "a girl" just because I told her off about her own faults that I wasn't too happy off, etc. The list goes on.
So now people in church thinks I'm some kind of weird person, but they never even talked to me, nor bothered to find out how I really am in person. They receive all their information about me from my sister.
That would be fine, if they weren't "outspoken". I've been scolded by them for reasons that doesn't even justify the scolding in the first place. They just have a mentality that I'm a complete dickhead. Oh come on, how can you possibly scold a person over something when you don't know the full story of what's going on? Often I find myself in that situation, and even though I've tried explaining to them the complete picture, they refuse to listen, claiming my thinking is "immature".
Funny how things can be equally double standard.
A lot of the kids in church know me because I help out with the children's ministry. Often, the boys and I would often roughhouse for the fun of it. For this, she tells people that I'm "childish". Yet, when the boys her age do the exact same roughhousing, that is called "bonding session".
*facepalms at the obvious double standards*

So I try to play the supportive elder brother, while she plays the wee little she devil and attempts to put me down to show herself superior. No doubt that she's better then me in some aspects, but she isn't in all.
Many years back, she dropped out of music lessons as she found it wasn't her forte. Well, music is my forte, so I continued playing piano, while learning guitar and bass over the years.
However, since then, she's been highly critical of my playing. It doesn't matter whether I play well or just go through a technical run through, or be it learning a new piece. Her first words would always be: "It sucks. You suck. Give up." Doesn't matter what instrument it is, she'll just say that.
Weirdest thing is that she'll just scream at me whenever I'm making "too much noise". Be it at night or in the day, she'll keep yelling that my playing is noisy and that I should shut up, if not the "neighbours would complain". But it's not even loud, and she'll still complain even when I plugged in my headphones into the guitar amp!
(For the record, when I plug in my phones, no one can hear what I'm playing at all. Not even my girlfriend who was sitting right beside me that time)

And for many years, we've been trying to teach her to bring her own set of keys whenever she left the house. She's turning 19 this year, but still expects us to wait on her hand and foot when she gets home!
If no one is at home when she gets back, instead of taking her own set of keys (which, more then half the time, isn't in her bag. This however, also happens when she DOES bring her own keys) to unlock the door, she'll sit outside and call us, asking us whether we'll be back home to "open the door for her".
Oh come on, I can still accept it if she has no keys, but when I ask her about her keys and its in her bag, her typical reply is "Lazy to dig it out."
Just now made it worse. She came home, and rang the doorbell. I was busy playing a game online, so I walked out, opened the door, passed her the keys and told her to "learn how to open the door like a normal woman, not an invalid", then closed the door behind me, leaving it UNLOCKED.
(Keys were for the main gate)
Acting like a complete invalid, she kept ringing the doorbell for five minutes, until my father got fed up and opened the door for her.
As soon as she came in, she hurled all the "smart, double meaning" insults at me. Oh come on, I'm learning English Literature/Language in university, and you expect me to act dumb and not know what you're trying to say? There she goes again, with that huge inflated ego and superiority complex.
All my father did was to shrug and walk back into his room. Heh. If I did that, my father would scold me to no end.

Sorry for the long rant, but I just need to blast this all out before I hit her with every single piece of equipment in my toolbox

Sponsors:
Add to theliverevoluti's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 10:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Jings will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Sigh, sister problems. Again!

its seems as though your sister is too pampered or have some issues with her character development...

Jings is offline   Add to Jings's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 10:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
jasmineee.wq will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

people tends to put others down bcos they think he/she is better than themselves..

jasmineee.wq is offline   Add to jasmineee.wq's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 12:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Stuoid_Panda is a jewel in the roughStuoid_Panda is a jewel in the rough

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

dis wat some ppl like to do..have fun backstabbing others..

anyway if me i move out since i old enough n got money...

CitrusChest/deviantArt\"My head hurts, i think i nvr use it much" Patrick Starfish
Stuoid_Panda is offline   Add to Stuoid_Panda's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 12:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Sasori is on a distinguished road

just hack care about her, it's her mouth,u cann't stop her also

Old 10th February 2010, 08:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
The Songwriter
theliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Stuoid_Panda View Post
dis wat some ppl like to do..have fun backstabbing others..

anyway if me i move out since i old enough n got money...
Wish I was that old and had that much money. Sigh, this has been going on for years and there is little I can do about it

theliverevoluti added 6 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
just hack care about her, it's her mouth,u cann't stop her also
Wish I could heck care her, but we know too many people in common, and she never fails to badmouth about me. I wouldn't mind if those people we know in common didn't bother me, but somehow they act as if they know me and they do all sorts of stuff that shows that assumption (which is clearly wrong) and irritate the heck out of me.

Last edited by theliverevoluti; 10th February 2010 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Post Bumping
theliverevoluti is offline   Add to theliverevoluti's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 09:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
GeeX3BabyX3 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wah 19 liao still act like this...haiz..maybe she wan some attention from you?

Ddaribiriddaradu~

Last edited by GeeX3BabyX3; 10th February 2010 at 09:07 AM.
GeeX3BabyX3 is offline   Add to GeeX3BabyX3's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 11:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
New SGClubber
miracleslet is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ur sister sounds like ur mum

miracleslet is offline   Add to miracleslet's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 11:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
angel_ivy is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Such a spoil child.. if for me i sure slap her in her face. lol. lucky I don't have younger sister/brothers.

Anyway, jus ignore her. get the hell out of your house whenever you find an opportunity

angel_ivy is offline   Add to angel_ivy's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 01:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Uyoku has a spectacular aura about

I salute you =D and she's 19 OMG, i tot she was 14 or 16.
But sorry if you wanna continue to read this, i felt that she's like a bitch, bitching everyday.
No one owns her a living and yet she demanded more, im surprise your parents let it pass it by.

It's bad for her and for your parents, others might think she was pampered or poor family up-bringing.

Uyoku is offline   Add to Uyoku's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 01:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
egocow is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow, usually I hear about sisters complaining about their brothers.

She sound like a spoilt brat, does your parents see what's wrong with her behaviour at all?

Old 11th February 2010, 01:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
ssian will become famous soon enough

i guess you just have to ignore her that's all

Old 11th February 2010, 01:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
The Songwriter

Originally Posted by miracleslet View Post
Ur sister sounds like ur mum
My mother? Heh, she doesn't even act like my sis

theliverevoluti added 2 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Originally Posted by Uyoku View Post
i felt that she's like a bitch, bitching everyday.
Which really makes me wonder whether she is maturing with age, actually. this has become a lot more worse as the years grow by. She didn't use to be like this at all, strangely. *shrugs*

Last edited by theliverevoluti; 11th February 2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Post Bumping
theliverevoluti is offline   Add to theliverevoluti's Reputation Reply With Quote