Singapore recruitment agency offers jobs for foreigners ONLY - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > International & Singapore News » Singapore recruitment agency offers jobs for foreigners ONLY

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th November 2009, 06:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Account Suspended
Senator1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Singapore recruitment agency offers jobs for foreigners ONLY

http://www.temasekreview.com/2009/11...or-foreigners/

From our Correspondent

A Singapore recruitment agency posted on its website a list for jobs for foreigners, but locals need not apply!

Allied Manpower is a licensed recruitment agency in Singapore which claims to provide services in human resources and manpower management. It has over 29 years of proven experience in foreign recruitment.

It offered a list of jobs for foreigners which can be easily filled by locals:

As we can see from above, the jobs are offered only to specific nationalities such as Filipinos and Chinese nationals.

Of late, senior cabinet ministers have stepped forward to defend the government’s pro-foreigner policy.

MM Lee repeated the circular argument that foreigners are needed to take up jobs shunned by Singaporeans without which Singapore’s economy will stagnate:

“Look at the Integrated Resorts. (On the) rooftop, not one (construction) worker there is a Singaporean. (They are) China Chinese and the Indians. If you don’t have that, where’s the IR, and the 10,000 jobs (they will create)?” he asked in speech made at a grassroots event last week.

Opticians, art teachers, beauticians and website designers are hardly considered as jobs shunned by Singaporeans. In fact, many locals will be keen to take up such jobs.

The Singapore Polytechnic offers a three-year course in Optometry which is popular among students. Are Filipino opticians more highly qualified than ours?

Saved for the positions of IT support analyst and opticians, the other jobs offer pay of less than $1,500.

For a local website designer, $1,200 is surely too low a salary, but it is more than enough for a Chinese National who has no family here. Convert it to RMB and he will take home more than RMB$5,500 a month, far more than what he makes in China.

Again, there are many qualified Singaporeans who will be interested in applying to become an Art teacher if not for the meager pay of $1,200.

Imagine if you are a diploma or degree holder, will you consider taking up such a job?

Instead of addressing the real concerns on the ground, the government has chosen to put the blame on Singaporeans for being too “choosy” about their jobs.

The relentless influx of foreigners, especially the semi-skilled workers, has led to increased competition for the limited jobs in the labor market.

Singaporeans often have to accept lower pay and longer working hours out of fear of being replaced by foreigners who generally have fewer demands.

Despite the widespread unhappiness and resentment among the citizenry at its immigration policy, the ruling party is adamant that foreigners are needed to keep the Singapore economy growing.

There is no minimal wage in Singapore. Neither are there any social welfare benefits for those who are retrenched or unemployed.

Singapore’s population just cross the 5-million mark this year out of which 36 per cent are foreigners. This means that for every person you meet in the streets, he/she is likely to be a foreigner.

The ruling party is able to force its unpopular policies down the throats of a subservient citizenry largely because there is no opposition in parliament to check on them and it controls all important state institutions.

In Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea and other Asian democracies, citizens are able to gather and protest in the streets to show their frustration and anger against their governments.

In Singapore, even a peaceful solo protest anywhere on the island except Hong Lim Park is illegal under the law.

The lack of public expression of dissent helps the ruling party to recycle and perpetuate the myth through the state media that it is a “popular” government which have the “support” of the people to introduce these laws and policies.

Unless Singaporeans wake up from their long slumber and reclaim their civil and political rights as citizens of their country, they will forever be subjected to the mercy of the ruling party.

Add to Senator1's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 06:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Uyoku has a spectacular aura aboutUyoku has a spectacular aura aboutUyoku has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Singapore recruitment agency offers jobs for foreigners ONLY

LoL even 800 for a teacher to them is alot. 800 * 5 = 4000RMB monthly =X
for singaporean 800 * 0 = 0 LOL

seriously i wonder why singaporean still contributes to the government, it's like giving them what you have earn.

Last edited by Uyoku; 11th November 2009 at 06:28 PM.
Uyoku is offline   Add to Uyoku's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 07:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Yongjin is a jewel in the roughYongjin is a jewel in the roughYongjin is a jewel in the roughYongjin is a jewel in the roughYongjin is a jewel in the roughYongjin is a jewel in the rough

Liked 27 Times in 23 Posts

there again shws its time to take down PAP.....

a lot singaporeans r still here because we need profile.... we hv no choice....only the lucky ones will be able to make it to those top countries.... for others we need to profile ourself in order to get...

i for 1 is aiming for a job in ahbu dabi.... bt den again... chances r rare... n the few tat i came across i dont meet the requirement.... so only ting i can do... do my best locally get myself a profile n hopefully the chance will come again... n i will apply for those jobs....

once i earn enough i will leave.... unless the gov chance to pro local born citizen if nt bye bye....

Old 11th November 2009, 07:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
devon will become famous soon enoughdevon will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think someone posted something similar in another thread this afternoon. This is so upsetting. To think that SP has set up the popular optometry diploma course to train and groom optometrist / optician, and now jobs are given away to FTs. I wonder how SP would respond when they hear this.

Old 11th November 2009, 07:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Shi Yuen has a spectacular aura aboutShi Yuen has a spectacular aura aboutShi Yuen has a spectacular aura aboutShi Yuen has a spectacular aura about

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Sigh what the heck is PAP doing?
They should give the locals more chances over Foreigners!

Old 11th November 2009, 08:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
logging off
typeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to beholdtypeX is a splendid one to behold

Liked 309 Times in 236 Posts

What the. That's discriminating, isn't it? Is that even legal? Talk about rights of Singaporeans.

Many of the jobs like IT and web design would be easily taken up by Singaporeans, the starting pay isn't that unreasonable for those with a cert in that field. I find MM's example of construction workers comparing apples with oranges. These are mid-skill level jobs which Singaporeans definitely qualify and would work for.

And why do sgeans not want to work in the construction site in the first place? Because there is no minimum wage nor benefits! Construction workers are considered skilled workers in other developed countries, while this job is considered 3rd class in Singapore.

and so on to viscosity.

Last edited by typeX; 11th November 2009 at 08:19 PM.
typeX is offline   Add to typeX's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 08:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
stoneman is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator1 View Post
http://www.temasekreview.com/2009/11...or-foreigners/

From our Correspondent

A Singapore recruitment agency posted on its website a list for jobs for foreigners, but locals need not apply!

Allied Manpower is a licensed recruitment agency in Singapore which claims to provide services in human resources and manpower management. It has over 29 years of proven experience in foreign recruitment.

It offered a list of jobs for foreigners which can be easily filled by locals:

As we can see from above, the jobs are offered only to specific nationalities such as Filipinos and Chinese nationals.

Of late, senior cabinet ministers have stepped forward to defend the government’s pro-foreigner policy.

MM Lee repeated the circular argument that foreigners are needed to take up jobs shunned by Singaporeans without which Singapore’s economy will stagnate:

“Look at the Integrated Resorts. (On the) rooftop, not one (construction) worker there is a Singaporean. (They are) China Chinese and the Indians. If you don’t have that, where’s the IR, and the 10,000 jobs (they will create)?” he asked in speech made at a grassroots event last week.

Opticians, art teachers, beauticians and website designers are hardly considered as jobs shunned by Singaporeans. In fact, many locals will be keen to take up such jobs.

The Singapore Polytechnic offers a three-year course in Optometry which is popular among students. Are Filipino opticians more highly qualified than ours?

Saved for the positions of IT support analyst and opticians, the other jobs offer pay of less than $1,500.

For a local website designer, $1,200 is surely too low a salary, but it is more than enough for a Chinese National who has no family here. Convert it to RMB and he will take home more than RMB$5,500 a month, far more than what he makes in China.

Again, there are many qualified Singaporeans who will be interested in applying to become an Art teacher if not for the meager pay of $1,200.

Imagine if you are a diploma or degree holder, will you consider taking up such a job?

Instead of addressing the real concerns on the ground, the government has chosen to put the blame on Singaporeans for being too “choosy” about their jobs.

The relentless influx of foreigners, especially the semi-skilled workers, has led to increased competition for the limited jobs in the labor market.

Singaporeans often have to accept lower pay and longer working hours out of fear of being replaced by foreigners who generally have fewer demands.

Despite the widespread unhappiness and resentment among the citizenry at its immigration policy, the ruling party is adamant that foreigners are needed to keep the Singapore economy growing.

There is no minimal wage in Singapore. Neither are there any social welfare benefits for those who are retrenched or unemployed.

Singapore’s population just cross the 5-million mark this year out of which 36 per cent are foreigners. This means that for every person you meet in the streets, he/she is likely to be a foreigner.

The ruling party is able to force its unpopular policies down the throats of a subservient citizenry largely because there is no opposition in parliament to check on them and it controls all important state institutions.

In Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea and other Asian democracies, citizens are able to gather and protest in the streets to show their frustration and anger against their governments.

In Singapore, even a peaceful solo protest anywhere on the island except Hong Lim Park is illegal under the law.

The lack of public expression of dissent helps the ruling party to recycle and perpetuate the myth through the state media that it is a “popular” government which have the “support” of the people to introduce these laws and policies.

Unless Singaporeans wake up from their long slumber and reclaim their civil and political rights as citizens of their country, they will forever be subjected to the mercy of the ruling party.
what the hack is this! singaporeans being discriminated against in employment in their own country and the gahmen is not doing anything.

stoneman is offline   Add to stoneman's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 08:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
neez is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

PAP shld take note of these implications on their locals and revise the foreign immigrant policies.

Old 12th November 2009, 12:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Squirrel<3Nuts will become famous soon enoughSquirrel<3Nuts will become famous soon enough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is real discrimination. I think most Singaporeans are willing to take up those jobs that are stated in the chart, with that amount of pay indicated!

I really hope the gov do something abt this... Hope..

Old 12th November 2009, 12:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
m3lodious is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is hell!
Super biasness!
At least I'm learning SQL Server and know a bit of website design.

Old 12th November 2009, 12:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
The Songwriter
theliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to behold

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts

Times are bad, even jobs that Singaporeans once shunned are now in demand with the locals. And these people still offer jobs to foreigners only?

Unless there is some sort of proper reasoning, I don't see why there should be this sort of discrimination. Singaporeans can do the same job as well with the same amount of pay stated

theliverevoluti is offline   Add to theliverevoluti's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 12:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
ShouSiegMeister is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

HAHAHAHA...the irony of it all....so much for "the people"right?...

haha believe me when i say,i for one am not a fan of PAP no more

Let’s never forget the rough days, because they lead us to tomorrow
ShouSiegMeister is offline   Add to ShouSiegMeister's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 08:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Emosan
Emolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to behold

Liked 153 Times in 108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theliverevoluti View Post
Times are bad, even jobs that Singaporeans once shunned are now in demand with the locals. And these people still offer jobs to foreigners only?

Unless there is some sort of proper reasoning, I don't see why there should be this sort of discrimination. Singaporeans can do the same job as well with the same amount of pay stated
Yes, Singaporean can do the same job with the same amount of pay indeed, but can we work long hour with no OT, PH, Weekend as the same like foreigners?

Emolisher is offline   Add to Emolisher's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 08:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
เพื่อนสนิท
Peuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud of

Liked 112 Times in 86 Posts

Well done! *clap* *clap*

More "Good Years Ahead" for all Sillyporeans!

Old 12th November 2009, 09:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
toomanyhaters is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Truly a piece of astounding news!

Old 12th November 2009, 09:02 AM   #16 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
bombshell70 is an unknown quantity at this point

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Can we report to the Authority to take action? Dr Ng Ah, can you give citizens an explaination? Please do not tell us you do not know about it lei.

Or this will be the reason to vote you out next GE!

Last edited by bombshell70; 12th November 2009 at 09:03 AM.
bombshell70 is offline   Add to bombshell70's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 09:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
Account Suspended
ValkyrieLenneth is a jewel in the roughValkyrieLenneth is a jewel in the roughValkyrieLenneth is a jewel in the roughValkyrieLenneth is a jewel in the roughValkyrieLenneth is a jewel in the rough

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the reasons gonna give would be:

FT is to create jobs
Sinkies r fussy jobseekers
Its inevitable

ValkyrieLenneth is offline   Add to ValkyrieLenneth's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 09:31 AM   #18 (permalink)
เพื่อนสนิท
Peuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud ofPeuan Sanit has much to be proud of

Liked 112 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombshell70 View Post
Can we report to the Authority to take action? Dr Ng Ah, can you give citizens an explaination? Please do not tell us you do not know about it lei.

Its a honest mistake, lets move on!

Old 12th November 2009, 09:33 AM   #19 (permalink)
Emosan
Emolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to beholdEmolisher is a splendid one to behold

Liked 153 Times in 108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValkyrieLenneth View Post
the reasons gonna give would be:

FT is to create jobs
Sinkies r fussy jobseekers
Its inevitable
Wa there is a new word for Singaporean already?
Sinkies sound so depressing

Last edited by Emolisher; 12th November 2009 at 09:33 AM.
Emolisher is offline   Add to Emolisher's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 09:34 AM   #20 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
lovewendy will become famous soon enoughlovewendy will become famous soon enoughlovewendy will become famous soon enough

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombshell70 View Post

Yes you may.

We are all looking forward to your good news!