SMRT taxi driver of SHF425G refuses to return phone unless woman gives him $50 - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Automobile Forum » SMRT taxi driver of SHF425G refuses to return phone unless woman gives him $50

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th September 2013, 07:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of

Liked 349 Times in 307 Posts
SMRT taxi driver of SHF425G refuses to return phone unless woman gives him $50

SMRT taxi driver of SHF425G refuses to return phone unless woman gives him $50

STOMPer Goh said that a taxi driver had refused to return her phone after she left it on his cab. He then offered to send her to her destination and give her phone back in return for $50.

In her email, Goh wrote:

"I wish to write in to complain about an incident on Friday night which really shocked me.

"Me and my colleagues boarded a London cab, SHF425G from SMRT on Sep 13 at 6.13pm, which we called from our office at German Centre at International Business Park to the Swiss Club.

"About 15 minutes after we alighted at the Swiss Club, I noticed I had left my mobile phone in the cab. I contacted the driver immediately and he confirmed that my mobile phone was in his cab.

"I requested for him to send my mobile phone back to me and offered to pay for his trip back. But the driver claimed that he already had another customer on board, so I said he could come back after dropping off the customer.

"He refused and told me to go to the SMRT office to collect my phone on either Monday or Tuesday. He then told me he did not want to talk to me and cut off my call.

"As I was travelling the next day, I needed my phone. So I sent him an SMS to plead with him to send back my phone to me when he dropped his customer off, to which he replied, "I will only see how, depends on my location."

"About half an hour later, he called back and made an offer, asking if I needed a cab back.

"When I told him yes, he offered to come back to return me my phone and at the same time pick me from the airport at a transfer rate of S$50 to one location. He asked me where I stayed and I told him I was either going to City Square Residence or "Pasir Ris to which he said he would only send me to one location.

"At 10pm, the agreed time of pick-up, I was not ready to go back. My colleague was going back so I offered my colleague to take the cab back since I was already paying him the S$50 transfer fee.

"We waited about 20 to 30 minutes before the driver showed up. When my colleague boarded his taxi, he was surprised. I told him to return me my phone and fetch my colleague to Choa Chu Kang.

"He then refused as he claimed he would only drop me off at City Square Residence or Pasir Ris. I argued that his offer was to one location and not to these locations specifically.

"He then refused to return my phone back to me and said, "In that case you go back to my office to collect your phone."

"I argued with him that he was unreasonable, as he came all the way and refused to return me my phone. I had already passed S$50 to him before he returned me my phone. I also said that I have never seen a driver like him and that I was going to make a complain.

"He literally threw the money back to me and said I was the unreasonable one, and that I had tricked him into coming all the way here (I presume he also saw a long queue for taxis).

"About 10 minutes later, the driver called back and demanded S$30. He said he was coming back to collect S$30 from me, because I had tricked him into come all the way back.

"Of course I refused, since he was the one who threw the S$50 back before. I told him that I had initially given him the S$50 but he gave it back to me. So if he wanted the S$30, he should ask his company to call me.

"He started to scold me and called me a 'bitch' and 'fat' numerous times! (I might not be slim, but clearly I do not appreciate the verbal abuse which I was subjected to from the cab driver!!!). I then cut off his call but he kept calling us back, harassing from 10.43PM till 12.40AM.

"I am really very shocked to experience a premier cab driver reacting this way: Blackmailing, verbally abusing and harassing a customer. I hope SMRT and LTA would take serious action on such drivers and ensure that other taxi commuters will not be in my situation."
Source: http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/si...n-gives-him-50

Sponsors:
"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth". - 1 John 3:18
Add to *StarDust*'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 09:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
sweet86 has a spectacular aura about

Liked 42 Times in 32 Posts
Re: SMRT taxi driver of SHF425G refuses to return phone unless woman gives him $50

Its definitely not the taxi driver's fault. Imagine taxi driver is in airport while the passenger at tuas. The amount of petrol needed to travel + the opportunity cost, of coz the passenger need to bear. Coz its their fault that they left their stuff in his taxi in the first place.

sweet86 is offline   Add to sweet86's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 09:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
gforce199 will become famous soon enough

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Re: SMRT taxi driver of SHF425G refuses to return phone unless woman gives him $50

i believe both also got some fault la..

Old 18th September 2013, 09:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator
maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Liked 397 Times in 313 Posts

the story might not be written with full details. did the woman volunteer to go and meet the driver at his convenience?
or did the driver refuse to meet?
did the woman ask for the driver to come to her place to return it?

it really depends on what exactly evolved between the 2 of them before we can determine who is at fault.

Old 18th September 2013, 10:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Magnum^Spin is a jewel in the roughMagnum^Spin is a jewel in the rough

Liked 93 Times in 69 Posts

IMO, its the fault of the woman
1) Why can't she meet the driver at the drop off point? They have a job and its their item they want to claim back
2) Instead of being grateful, she made things difficult "City Square Residence or "Pasir Ris" then colleague boarded and went CCK, hello, its quite far apart no?
3) Then after making cabbie run up and down, never take into consideration its a 'london cab' of which usually goes by bookings, she scolded him for being rude... who's the inconsiderate one?

Sheehs....

Magnum^Spin is offline   Add to Magnum^Spin's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 02:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
free_gul88 is on a distinguished road

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Both are wrong

free_gul88 is offline   Add to free_gul88's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 04:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
christmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant future

Liked 523 Times in 453 Posts

Once again, another one sided story from STOMPer
Posted via Mobile Device

christmas_ is offline   Add to christmas_'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2013, 12:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
zainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to all

Liked 219 Times in 184 Posts

A simple compromise on both side would solve the issue. People love to live a stressful live when an easy and stress-less one is just right before us.

zainynn is offline   Add to zainynn's Reputation Reply With Quote