Spirit Communication, Divining & Dowsing: How Pendulums Work - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Miscellaneous Interests > Supernatural Zone » Spirit Communication, Divining & Dowsing: How Pendulums Work

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st December 2009, 11:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
autumnorange is on a distinguished road

Spirit Communication, Divining & Dowsing: How Pendulums Work

Pendulums are psychic tools which have been around since ancient times. They have been used for hundreds of years to obtain information which the normal senses are unable to access on a conscious level. Physical uses include finding hidden minerals or underground pockets of water. Spiritual uses include divining, spirit communication, detecting imbalances in energy and healing. Pendulums can also be used for everyday practical purposes such as searching for lost items and answering questions that you want to find out.

Basically, a pendulum consists of a weight suspended at the end of a string or chain. The weight can be improvised with an everyday object such as a pendant, a ring or a plumb bob. However, a purpose-made pendulum is best because it has a shape and geometry - that is, a symmetry. This symmetry allows the swing to be more even and sensitive, therefore working more effectively. It works even for people with little or no spiritual connection. There is no definitive correct way for dowsing and as you practice more, you will gradually find out what works for you.

Pendulums are popularly made out of crystals, precious or semi-precious gemstones for their beauty as well as added metaphysical properties. They can be very beautiful when hung on a necklace chain serving as both a decorative piece as well as a healing or divining piece. Wearing your crystal pendulum lets you take advantage of using it to make predictions whenever you please.

How do pendulums work?
Just as radios pick up information from radio waves, the pendulum is a powerful antenna that receives information from the vibrations and energy waves emitted by people, places, thoughts and things.

Some say that the pendulum creates a connection between the logical and intuitive parts of the brain. Some say that the pendulum connects them with a higher power and call it “divining”. Research done by many scientists has shown that the pendulum responds to electromagnetic energy that radiates from everything on Earth.

No one knows for sure how the pendulum works, but the important thing is that it does work! As Thomas Edison is said to have replied when asked about electricity: "I don't know what it is, but it's there, let's use it." Some famous dowsing advocates in history include Leonardo Da Vinci, Robert Boyle (Father of modern chemistry), Charles Robert Richet (Nobel Prize winner), and General Patton (U.S. Army).

You can still benefit from its use even if you do not understand how the pendulum works. The concept is similar just as most people do not understand the workings of a camera or telephone but are able to use them too.

For more info, please visit http://ornateoriental.blogspot.com

Sponsors:
Add to autumnorange's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 11:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Stuoid_Panda is a jewel in the roughStuoid_Panda is a jewel in the rough

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: Spirit Communication, Divining & Dowsing: How Pendulums Work

ur website sell stuff..

do u post in right section?

CitrusChest/deviantArt\"My head hurts, i think i nvr use it much" Patrick Starfish
Stuoid_Panda is offline   Add to Stuoid_Panda's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
Rasberry90 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I tried using my own pendulum. Ended up I could control which ever direction i wanted the thing to turn to. Clockwise or Anti Clockwise also no prob. Ended up answering my own questions with my heart desires. >.<

Rasberry90 is offline   Add to Rasberry90's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Originally Posted by Stuoid_Panda View Post
ur website sell stuff..

do u post in right section?
This is information regarding the paranormal, I am posting for more people's knowledge. Yes, my blog sells metaphysical items but I do provide useful articles to learn more about pendulums, crystals and how to use them.

autumnorange added 2 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Originally Posted by Rasberry90 View Post
I tried using my own pendulum. Ended up I could control which ever direction i wanted the thing to turn to. Clockwise or Anti Clockwise also no prob. Ended up answering my own questions with my heart desires. >.<
You are right on this, it is possible to control how the pendulum swings according to your heart's desire, because the pendulum is an extension of yourself and you are letting your emotions affect it. What you need to do before using a pendulum is to find a quiet space which you will not be disturbed, and clear your mind of all emotions, wants and desires before starting the session. It might take some practice, but this will ensure that your answers are accurate rather than just telling you what you want to see.

Last edited by autumnorange; 22nd December 2009 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Post Bumping
autumnorange is offline   Add to autumnorange's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
Rasberry90 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lol...my greatest fear occurs when I meditate. The fear of spirits passing by and taking an opportunity to enter me. Not that it occurred before, but it just a fear regardless of how hard I try setting up white light barriers or trusting in God.

Btw, I realised that drowsing is also an opportunity to communicate with other side is it not? After all, when you clear your mind, it is easier for entities to use your body as a medium? Not too sure about this. Care to clarify a little?

Thanks!

Rasberry90 is offline   Add to Rasberry90's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
Niwi is on a distinguished road

Actually, how do you meditate? Some say it's like controlling your breathing while others say you go into a trance. Confusing

Old 24th December 2009, 03:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Originally Posted by Rasberry90 View Post
Lol...my greatest fear occurs when I meditate. The fear of spirits passing by and taking an opportunity to enter me. Not that it occurred before, but it just a fear regardless of how hard I try setting up white light barriers or trusting in God.

Btw, I realised that drowsing is also an opportunity to communicate with other side is it not? After all, when you clear your mind, it is easier for entities to use your body as a medium? Not too sure about this. Care to clarify a little?

Thanks!
Okay, I think you're getting abit mixed up here. Meditation and pendulum dowsing are 2 different matters, just because you need to clear your mind before starting a pendulum session it does not equal a meditation session. Let's clear this up.

Meditation:
Meditation is about learning what a quiet mind feels like and to find your inner peace. It also helps you transcend to a higher state of mind and aid spiritual development. Because you are focusing on your inner self when you meditate, you may find that you are more sensitive to spiritual activity.

However, it does NOT mean that it is easier to spirits to enter your body for any form of possession. There are actually hundreds, maybe thousands of spirits that we get into contact with just living day by day. The odds of having a spirit possess you is minute (which is why movies, films and books love to play up the horror factor using this). So do not worry too much on this, setting up your white light barrier would be fine in warding off any naughty spirits. And about using your body as a medium - unless you are purposely inviting spirits to use your body, again the odds are minute that this will occur.

Pendulum:
As mentioned, you need to clear your emotions and feelings before starting a pendulum session. But it is not to get you to a higher state of mind, merely to prevent your own feelings from affecting the pendulum answers. Yes, pendulums can be used in communicating with spirits, but similar to meditation, it is wise to project an image of a white lighted barrier surrounding you to prevent any malicious spirits from interfering.

I hope this gives you a better understanding

autumnorange added 7 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Originally Posted by Niwi View Post
Actually, how do you meditate? Some say it's like controlling your breathing while others say you go into a trance. Confusing
Meditation can be as simple as finding a quiet corner where you will not be disturbed, calm your mind and clear it of any activity, negative feelings or emotions or to review events and activity in a clearer state of mind. There are breathing techniques which is said to help you to get into a meditative state faster, but I would feel that it is subject to individuals. Keeping an even breathing pattern is a good way to start. If you want to know more, a simple Google search can lead you to more techniques. There are also mantras and chants said to help meditation.

After your meditation, if you feel relaxed, less stressed or in a clear state of mind, that would be considered a successful session

Last edited by autumnorange; 24th December 2009 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Post Bumping
Old 24th December 2009, 05:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Loukezxv is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hey autumn.. didnt know you're a singaporean too..! oh man... you're in bishan, i stay wdl..! haha..

btw nice info on pendulum.

we are trying to meet up as much as singaporean.. so errrmm pm me over THERE.. if u r interested to meetup for relaxing la kopi session.

bibi-paradise@hotmail.com

Last edited by Loukezxv; 24th December 2009 at 06:41 PM.
Loukezxv is offline   Add to Loukezxv's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 11:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
New SGClubber
sixniner is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hey guys, just wondering...since the 2 of you are singaporean and have experiences with Western magick, what's your opinion on the difference (and power) between the western magick and Thai spiritual items?

sixniner is offline   Add to sixniner's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2009, 12:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Lou - I'm shy la

Originally Posted by sixniner View Post
hey guys, just wondering...since the 2 of you are singaporean and have experiences with Western magick, what's your opinion on the difference (and power) between the western magick and Thai spiritual items?
I have never dealt directly with a Thai spiritual item so I am in no position to comment on any comparison between them. Also, this is a thread on pendulum uses, so if you'd like to know more I'd suggest you start a new thread for that

Old 26th December 2009, 02:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
bakeneko is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sixniner View Post
Even though I am not counted in:

Western magic expects you to make your own stuff. That is seen as the most powerful and efficient solution. Also, there are obviously far more books out on Western systems than on Eastern...on the other side: 99,9999% of books about Western magic are CRAP and not worth the paper they were printed on.
Also, there is a focus on will and intent...no focus on meditation. Mixing both general systems can go okay only in a few areas.
Concerning items it is no problem, *but* you should take note that Thai items are basically Buddhist items or placed in a Buddhist context. Western magic is still primary Judaeo-Christian.

bakeneko added 1 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

Originally Posted by Niwi View Post
Actually, a trance should NOT occur during meditation. Focus on breath is the most simple approach. I suggest you get a good book and take at least one meditation lesson with a teacher

Last edited by bakeneko; 26th December 2009 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Post Bumping
bakeneko is offline   Add to bakeneko's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2009, 11:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
sgwitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE=bakeneko;3280688]Even though I am not counted in:

Western magic expects you to make your own stuff. That is seen as the most powerful and efficient solution. Also, there are obviously far more books out on Western systems than on Eastern...on the other side: 99,9999% of books about Western magic are CRAP and not worth the paper they were printed on.
Also, there is a focus on will and intent...no focus on meditation. Mixing both general systems can go okay only in a few areas.
Concerning items it is no problem, *but* you should take note that Thai items are basically Buddhist items or placed in a Buddhist context. Western magic is still primary Judaeo-Christian.

[QUOTE]

Dear bake,
Basically, It's about Business, not so much about the items availble and thier source.
this is one main reason i cannot be in business even though i study business (a cover for my parents so they know i have an "official" qualificaltion, and not known i am actually in spritual learning.)
I also noticed that 70% of WARNING PM messages came from business traders dealing in occult stuffs. I think the posts i did had deeply "cuts" into their business profits. In this way i can only say sorry. I can never outbid business people in talking or in anyway.

sgwitch is offline   Add to sgwitch's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 09:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

[quote=sgwitch;3281172][QUOTE=bakeneko;3280688]Even though I am not counted in:

Dear bake,
Basically, It's about Business, not so much about the items availble and thier source.
this is one main reason i cannot be in business even though i study business (a cover for my parents so they know i have an "official" qualificaltion, and not known i am actually in spritual learning.)
I also noticed that 70% of WARNING PM messages came from business traders dealing in occult stuffs. I think the posts i did had deeply "cuts" into their business profits. In this way i can only say sorry. I can never outbid business people in talking or in anyway.

I have no idea how your posts here can "cut" others' business profits, unless the trader is solely based here.

As for Western magick, there are many different branches and at the risk of over-generalizing, yes most of them do require you to find your own path, e.g. just as each practicing witch is supposed to create their own Book of Shadows. It's not wise to say that 99% are crap, they can be useful as a reference and to get one started.

Old 27th December 2009, 10:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
sgwitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[quote=autumnorange;3286039][quote=sgwitch;3281172]
Originally Posted by bakeneko View Post
I have no idea how your posts here can "cut" others' business profits, unless the trader is solely based here.
sorry dear, i did not mean your post, i mean others, those who send me warning PM.
I did not receive any unfriendly PM from you.
both Bakeneko and me are into western magics.
but i am more on the Dark magicks.

sgwitch is offline   Add to sgwitch's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 10:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
SHIMURE has a spectacular aura about

Hmm dowsing and the use of pendulum are actually quite simple.

It just needs a bit of programming of the pendulum.

It can also be used for healing.

I learned a little of dowsing from Marianne Niederer when she was in singapore.

Her website is http:\\www.in-touch.cn

"When people consult me, it's not that I'm reading the future; I am guessing at the future. Based on the omens of the present. If you pay attention to the present, you can improve upon it, what comes later will also be better."
SHIMURE is offline   Add to SHIMURE's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 12:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

[quote=sgwitch;3286379][quote=autumnorange;3286039]
Originally Posted by sgwitch View Post

sorry dear, i did not mean your post, i mean others, those who send me warning PM.
I did not receive any unfriendly PM from you.
both Bakeneko and me are into western magics.
but i am more on the Dark magicks.
Even if it's not me, I'm really curious as to how your posts affect their business? The only thing I can think of is that your posts "expose" their "lies"....? I really don't know.

autumnorange added 1 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Originally Posted by SHIMURE View Post
Hmm dowsing and the use of pendulum are actually quite simple.

It just needs a bit of programming of the pendulum.

It can also be used for healing.

I learned a little of dowsing from Marianne Niederer when she was in singapore.

Her website is http:\\www.in-touch.cn
Couldn't access the webbie. I saw your other post, is she still teaching at Sanct now?

Last edited by autumnorange; 30th December 2009 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Post Bumping
Old 30th December 2009, 08:08 AM   #17 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
SHIMURE has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by autumnorange View Post
autumnorange added 1 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Couldn't access the webbie. I saw your other post, is she still teaching at Sanct now?

She went back to Shang hai. I believe if i am not wrong, she went to new zealand before 20th and is currently there teaching.

"When people consult me, it's not that I'm reading the future; I am guessing at the future. Based on the omens of the present. If you pay attention to the present, you can improve upon it, what comes later will also be better."
SHIMURE is offline   Add to SHIMURE's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 01:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
XiiaoBoiBoi is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

any ideas for learning dowsing by yourself? and i heard theres a type of dowsing dun need pendulum de ?

XiiaoBoiBoi is offline   Add to XiiaoBoiBoi's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 12:40 AM   #19 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber

Originally Posted by XiiaoBoiBoi View Post
any ideas for learning dowsing by yourself? and i heard theres a type of dowsing dun need pendulum de ?
Yes, there are other dowsing tools other than the pendulum, such as the L-rod, V or Y-shaped rod and bobbers. However, the items which they are used to dowse for are different, e.g. metals, water, energy fields etc. Mainly these tools tend to be used for larger scale searches, although the pendulum CAN be used for detecting these too.

UPDATE: For those who are interested in getting a pendulum affordably, I'll be listing some $0.99 pendulum auctions on eBay soon

Last edited by autumnorange; 31st December 2009 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Post Bumping
Old 31st December 2009, 12:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
XiiaoBoiBoi is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ehh autum dousing can also dont need pendulums 1 rite?

XiiaoBoiBoi is offline   Add to XiiaoBoiBoi's Reputation Reply With Quote