ST Forum:Personal consultant says: 'Consumers should understand the immense pressure we are facing.' - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read SGCShop  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > International & Singapore News » ST Forum:Personal consultant says: 'Consumers should understand the immense pressure we are facing.'

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2008, 11:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Account Suspended
richardsng_era will become famous soon enoughrichardsng_era will become famous soon enough

Credits: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default ST Forum:Personal consultant says: 'Consumers should understand the immense pressure we are facing.'

http://www.straitstimes.com/ST%2BFor...ry_284367.html

I REFER to the current market situation of Lehman Brothers' bankruptcy which led to the DBS High Notes burst recently. I am a personal financial consultant in a local bank. There are some factors I feel must be revealed to protect consumers' rights.

First, banks usually state that there is seldom or no misrepresentation of products sold, and products are usually recommended based on consumers' needs. A financial needs analysis and fact find are usually done to ensure consumers have sufficient funds and a real need for the product. The fact is that we often face pressure to sell certain products so as to hit our sales target.

Take me, for instance. I am a fresh graduate from the National University of Singapore. I have a nine-month contract with a local bank, but I was told, if I did not pass probation in six months (hitting sales target), I would be asked to leave and pay the $3,000 bond.

So far, I have sold $500,000 in insurance based on consumers' needs, so why is my sales record so poor? This is due to product discrimination. We have to sell mainly investment-linked insurance products. To sell 10 of these is equivalent to 60 products I have sold. Thus a fresh graduate like me who can't afford to pay the $3,000 bond faces a real dilemma.

Therefore, consumers should understand the immense pressure we are facing. Most of the time, we are trained to promote that particular product and try to think of ways it benefits consumers. Welcome to the real commercial world.
Geraldine Teng (Ms)

Add to richardsng_era's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
PinkLady has a spectacular aura aboutPinkLady has a spectacular aura aboutPinkLady has a spectacular aura aboutPinkLady has a spectacular aura about

Credits: 11
Default Re: ST Forum:Personal consultant says: 'Consumers should understand the immense pressure we are faci

so that means to blah consumers by not telling them its a high risk products?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0.
PinkLady is offline   Add to PinkLady's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
mike_81 is a jewel in the roughmike_81 is a jewel in the roughmike_81 is a jewel in the roughmike_81 is a jewel in the roughmike_81 is a jewel in the roughmike_81 is a jewel in the rough

Credits: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: ST Forum:Personal consultant says: 'Consumers should understand the immense pressure we are faci

wat a freaking jokes at the expense of consumer , so to meet Quotas ........is this inline with MAS ...i dun tink so .....SUPER SOTE!!!

mike_81 is offline   Add to mike_81's Reputation Reply With Quote