SUPERVISOR CAPTURED ON CAMERA STRIKING WORKER REPEATEDLY ON THE FACE - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > Workplace and Business Forum » SUPERVISOR CAPTURED ON CAMERA STRIKING WORKER REPEATEDLY ON THE FACE

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th May 2013, 09:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
중요 인물
noorizone has a spectacular aura about

Liked 73 Times in 62 Posts
SUPERVISOR CAPTURED ON CAMERA STRIKING WORKER REPEATEDLY ON THE FACE

This shocking video shows a supervisor striking a subordinate on the face repeatedly in an office, in front of his coworkers.

TRS reader Beejay and Justin had come across the video on the internet and had been appalled by what it showed.

He commented:

"How can this Singaporean supervisor use physical violence on his employee?

"The company owes Singapore an explanation."

The original uploader of the video said:

Here is the description of the incident, as penned by the uploader of the video.

"I had just started an internship and noticed my supervisor constantly bullying my co-worker in the workplace.

"The abuse was often physical. I confronted him about his behavior, but I felt his explanation was insincere.

"I fear that his appalling behavior would continue should I not be around to witness it.

"There is no justification for hitting someone!"

TRS reader Justin also contributed the video. He wrote:

"Supervisor constantly abusing worker.

"The abuse is often physical.

"No physical abuse should be allowed in any environment."

Editor's Note: We have already reported this case to the Ministry of Manpower as well as the NTUC Workers Union.
Would you fight back? Or just let this gu niang continue to slap you.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=568110236567481

Sponsors:
Add to noorizone's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 07:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of

Liked 349 Times in 307 Posts
Video of man hitting worker in office goes viral

Video of man hitting worker in office goes viral

Yahoo! Newsroom - A video of a man physically abusing his subordinate has gone viral online, with calls for the authorities to step in being made by many. (Screengrab from video)

By Jeanette Tan | Yahoo! Newsroom

[UPDATE: The original video clip has been taken down by YouTube, but we have embedded a duplicate that was uploaded by another user. A copy of the clip was also uploaded by The Real Singapore to its Facebook page here.]

A clip of a man hitting an office worker who appears to be an employee under his supervision - has gone viral in Singapore, sparking outrage and calls for the authorities to step in.

The 17-second clip, uploaded by user Shane M on YouTube late on Friday night, shows a man standing over a younger man and hitting him repeatedly on the head. This is accompanied by verbal abuse. A third man, wearing a blue T-shirt and jeans, walks up to the first man to try to stop him. Then, the video cuts to a different scene where the first man is seen slapping the 'victim' repeatedly on the face.

Watch the video here:

Shane M, who says he is an intern at the company, appears to also have started a discussion thread on the popular Hardware Zone forum, under the username "redfanatic", where he gave more details of the abuse he recorded on video.

According to him, his supervisor (the alleged abuser) was "constantly bullying" his colleague, and the abuse which the latter receives is "often physical". In his first forum posting, he says the victim is shy and so, does not want to take action, and "there doesn't (seem to be) anyone in the workplace that will do anything about this". He adds that when he approached his colleague about the treatment the latter received, his colleague said he felt that he himself was in the wrong and that their boss was merely "correcting" him.

"The hitting and yelling stopped when I confronted him but this kind of behaviour has most likely been going on even before I joined, and will again continue after I leave," he writes, adding that he feels that his supervisor's explanation for the abuse was insincere.

"He brought me into a meeting room and said that my colleague apparently has an inferiority complex and apparently my supervisor is trying to 'nurture' him to get over it," he shares. "However, my co-worker is very timid and seems like the kind of guy that will not stand up for himself."

Shane M then adds that he witnessed the alleged abuse over his first two days of his internship, and used his phone to record it on his third.

He also says that he plans to report the abuse to his company's human resources department, and may write in to the Ministry of Manpower as well. He also reveals that he called his school and spoke to his internship co-ordinator about the issue, but was told to continue working there while she spoke to the company's HR department. The co-ordinator also shared that the company has a long-standing relationship with his school and previous interns had never surfaced any problems.

Within the first 24 hours since it was uploaded, the clip has garnered more than 80,000 views and has also been picked up by several local websites. One of them, The Real Singapore, added in a footnote to a report it had published that its editors have reported the matter to the Ministry of Manpower and the NTUC.

Source: http://sg.news.yahoo.com/video-of-ma...043238636.html

"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth". - 1 John 3:18
*StarDust* is offline   Add to *StarDust*'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 11:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
zainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to all

Liked 219 Times in 184 Posts
Re: SUPERVISOR CAPTURED ON CAMERA STRIKING WORKER REPEATEDLY ON THE FACE

Honestly. am surprise such thing happen in Singapore workplace.

zainynn is offline   Add to zainynn's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 10:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Voodoo Vince is a splendid one to beholdVoodoo Vince is a splendid one to beholdVoodoo Vince is a splendid one to beholdVoodoo Vince is a splendid one to beholdVoodoo Vince is a splendid one to behold

Liked 222 Times in 196 Posts

Hmm... Is MOM going to do nothing about it?

*Have fun on SGClub but pls READ the RULES, Report Bad Posts and Give Reputation to Good Ones!*
Voodoo Vince is offline   Add to Voodoo Vince's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 10:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Andrew_Chris28 is just really niceAndrew_Chris28 is just really nice

Liked 169 Times in 150 Posts

This is the reason why we have to always guard ourselves with necessary self-defence

Old 20th May 2013, 10:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Voodoo Vince is a splendid one to beholdVoodoo Vince is a splendid one to beholdVoodoo Vince is a splendid one to beholdVoodoo Vince is a splendid one to beholdVoodoo Vince is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Andrew_Chris28 View Post
This is the reason why we have to always guard ourselves with necessary self-defence
Hmm... If my boss did that, and I fight back, I think my future in my company is gone.

*Have fun on SGClub but pls READ the RULES, Report Bad Posts and Give Reputation to Good Ones!*
Old 20th May 2013, 10:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Self defence mentally, not physically

People who prove themselves and others that they have more guts than brains are doom to fail

Old 21st May 2013, 08:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of

Supervisor in slapping video apologises to intern's parents

Supervisor in slapping video apologises to intern's parents

Monday, May 20, 2013
AsiaOne

SINGAPORE - The supervisor who was filmed repeatedly slapping a 29-year-old intern has apologised to his parents.

However, they refused to accept the apology from the supervisor known as Alan, the Shin Min Daily News reported.

The Chinese daily said that when the parents looked him up at his office this morning to demand an explanation for his actions, the supervisor apologised and claimed that he did it in a fit of anger.

The parents also told Alan that their son would not be turning up for work from Tuesday.

They told Shin Min that their son appeared to be under a lot of stress from his job at the local private firm. They added that he regularly worked long hours, reaching home as late as 11pm on some nights.

The intern was paid a monthly allowance of between $500 and $600 by the company.

The parents were shown the video, which was first uploaded on YouTube on May 17 and went viral, by their nephew who thought that the victim resembled his cousin. The intern had initially refused to admit that he was the employee in the video.

The intern refused to explain to why his supervisor had hit him, but he told the daily that it was the first such incident.

Source: http://business.asiaone.com/news/sup...nterns-parents

"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth". - 1 John 3:18
Old 21st May 2013, 10:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Victim of workplace abuse files police report

Police said the 29-year-old victim has lodged a report with regard to an incident of physical abuse at the workplace.

By Ng Lian Cheong and Monica Kotwani
POSTED: 20 May 2013 9:55 PM

SINGAPORE: Police said a report has been lodged with regard to an incident of physical abuse at the workplace.

The report was lodged by the 29-year-old victim.

This comes as the incident was filmed and uploaded on video-sharing site YouTube.

The video documenting a man hitting another man went viral after it was uploaded on May 18.

The original video has now been taken down from YouTube but is still making its rounds online.

The video is understood to have been taken by an intern who was working at the office.

A Singapore Institute of Management (SIM) spokesperson has confirmed that the intern is a student with the school.

The spokesperson said the student started his internship just two days before he recorded the video on May 15.

SIM said in the interest of the student, it terminated his internship with the company immediately. SIM added the student has been offered assistance.

Meanwhile, in a statement released on Monday evening, the Manpower Ministry (MOM) said it was notified of the video via email on Monday.

MOM said it has been in touch with the intern who recorded the video.

The ministry also reminds employers they are expected to treat their employees fairly and with respect.

It added that in situations where employees feel threatened, they should report to their supervisor or human resource officer.

MOM said if they belong to a union, victims of abuse should seek advice and assistance from their unions.

And in the case of physical harm, victims of abuse should report to the police immediately.

Source: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...r/681556.html#

Old 21st May 2013, 08:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

Err... Which company is that?

Old 21st May 2013, 08:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Re: Victim of workplace abuse files police report

Originally Posted by *StarDust* View Post

Police said the 29-year-old victim has lodged a report with regard to an incident of physical abuse at the workplace.

By Ng Lian Cheong and Monica Kotwani
POSTED: 20 May 2013 9:55 PM

SINGAPORE: Police said a report has been lodged with regard to an incident of physical abuse at the workplace.

The report was lodged by the 29-year-old victim.

This comes as the incident was filmed and uploaded on video-sharing site YouTube.

The video documenting a man hitting another man went viral after it was uploaded on May 18.

The original video has now been taken down from YouTube but is still making its rounds online.

The video is understood to have been taken by an intern who was working at the office.

A Singapore Institute of Management (SIM) spokesperson has confirmed that the intern is a student with the school.

The spokesperson said the student started his internship just two days before he recorded the video on May 15.

SIM said in the interest of the student, it terminated his internship with the company immediately. SIM added the student has been offered assistance.

Meanwhile, in a statement released on Monday evening, the Manpower Ministry (MOM) said it was notified of the video via email on Monday.

MOM said it has been in touch with the intern who recorded the video.

The ministry also reminds employers they are expected to treat their employees fairly and with respect.

It added that in situations where employees feel threatened, they should report to their supervisor or human resource officer.

MOM said if they belong to a union, victims of abuse should seek advice and assistance from their unions.

And in the case of physical harm, victims of abuse should report to the police immediately.

Source: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...r/681556.html#
Stress has indeed taken its toil on workers alike

Old 21st May 2013, 11:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
one more year to go...
oldvirgin is a name known to alloldvirgin is a name known to alloldvirgin is a name known to alloldvirgin is a name known to alloldvirgin is a name known to all

Liked 348 Times in 298 Posts

I would have give the supervisor a choke slam if he does that

mindreader (22nd May 2013)
Old 21st May 2013, 11:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
thesnowflowerrr will become famous soon enough

Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts

This supervisor want to nurture the staff, nurture in such a manner... Unique huh

Korean Makeup Tutorials
Food Reviews
thesnowflowerrr is offline   Add to thesnowflowerrr's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 12:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
mindreader is on a distinguished road

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

Use scissor legs on Alan.

mindreader is offline   Add to mindreader's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 01:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
lalala00 will become famous soon enough

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts

arm bar after scissor leg take down

lalala00 is offline   Add to lalala00's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 08:12 AM   #16 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Intern physically abused by supervisor was paid salary of $500 for 3 years

The 29-year-old intern who was physically abused by his supervisor was reportedly paid the same salary of $500 for the three years he was working at the company located at iHub.

News of the supervisor physically abusing the intern had surfaced online last Friday night (May 17) in a 17-second YouTube video that showed the supervisor hitting him.

According to an article in Omy, he had interned there for 6 months after graduating, and then continued on without a contract.

He had also received no bonus and would even have his pay docked when he went on leave.

On top of that, he often worked till late at night, and would even report to work when he was sick.

The person who had posted the video online was another intern at the same company, who had said that the supervisor felt the intern had "an inferiority complex" that he was "trying to nurture him to get over it."

According to an article in Shin Min Daily News, the supervisor had apologised after the intern's parents confronted him at his office in Jurong West yesterday morning (May 20).

They have, however, refused to accept his apology.

Source: http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/st...id_salary.html

Old 22nd May 2013, 09:13 AM   #17 (permalink)
the world is my bed and the sky is my blanket
xiaoming01 is just really nicexiaoming01 is just really nicexiaoming01 is just really nice

Liked 147 Times in 123 Posts

kana eaten already, if there is no contract of employment then its hard to justify that his role there.

xiaoming01 is offline   Add to xiaoming01's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 09:13 AM   #18 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
zainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to all

Liked 219 Times in 184 Posts
Re: Intern physically abused by supervisor was paid salary of $500 for 3 years

Originally Posted by *StarDust* View Post

The 29-year-old intern who was physically abused by his supervisor was reportedly paid the same salary of $500 for the three years he was working at the company located at iHub.

News of the supervisor physically abusing the intern had surfaced online last Friday night (May 17) in a 17-second YouTube video that showed the supervisor hitting him.

According to an article in Omy, he had interned there for 6 months after graduating, and then continued on without a contract.

He had also received no bonus and would even have his pay docked when he went on leave.

On top of that, he often worked till late at night, and would even report to work when he was sick.

The person who had posted the video online was another intern at the same company, who had said that the supervisor felt the intern had "an inferiority complex" that he was "trying to nurture him to get over it."

According to an article in Shin Min Daily News, the supervisor had apologised after the intern's parents confronted him at his office in Jurong West yesterday morning (May 20).

They have, however, refused to accept his apology.

Source: http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/st...id_salary.html
29 years old, enduring mentally and physically abused and paid a merely $500 for the last 3 years. Even my Bangla and Indian workers would not accept that kind of salary now. Something is wrong with him for not walk off from the company.

zainynn is offline   Add to zainynn's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 09:16 AM   #19 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Originally Posted by oldvirgin View Post
I would have give the supervisor a choke slam if he does that

And your superviosr would then be quoting from Mr Mcmahon, "You're FIRED!!!!"

Originally Posted by thesnowflowerrr View Post
This supervisor want to nurture the staff, nurture in such a manner... Unique huh
A very impractical and unlawful way of nurturing the staff...

Old 22nd May 2013, 09:48 AM   #20 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Slapping video victim's family demanding $100k compensation

Slapping video victim's family demanding $100k compensation

AsiaOne
Tuesday, May 21, 2013

SINGAPORE - The family of a 29-year-old intern, who was filmed being repeatedly slapped by his boss at a software company, is demanding for $100,000 in compensation for lost wages over the years.

According to Lianhe Wanbao, the intern joined the firm at Jurong East three years ago as an undergraduate. He was paid $500 a month and not given any benefits or leave days.

When he graduated from university, the intern continued to work for the company under the same pay, still without a contract or any benefits.

His family said that he often returned home late and also turned up at work even when he was ill.

According to the intern, his supervisor, identified only as Alan, had physically and verbally abused him from time to time. However, he said that the worst incident was the one secretly recorded and shared online.

When asked, the intern told a Wanbao reporter that he did not leave the job as he liked it very much and learned many new things while at it. He also said that he felt like he could not leave because there were always projects that he had to finish.

Despite that, the intern had tried to resign once in 2012 but was told not to leave as the office was shorthanded.

When he asked for a pay raise, he was told by his supervisor that his performance was not up to scratch and that he did not have enough experience.

The intern and his family went to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) offices today to file an official complaint against Alan.

They told the Chinese daily that they had asked for a $100,000 compensation to make up for wages lost over the years.

When asked what he was most grateful to Alan for, the intern said that Alan had allowed him to take paid-leave when his grandmother passed away.

He said he initially denied being the victim in the video because he did not want the incident to affect Alan's family.

ljessica@sph.com.sg

Two more interns speak out

SINGAPORE - The same supervisor has also been accused of abusing two other female interns, Shin Min Daily News reported.

One of them told the Chinese evening paper that she was locked up in a room and harshly lectured by Alan. She revealed that she received at least five such lectures during the two months that she was with the company.

Describing Alan as ill-tempered, she told Shin Min that he would flare up at every mistake made by his employees.

The 23-year-old student worked as an intern at the company as part of a university arrangement. She received a monthly allowance of $500. She noticed during the initial days of her internship the suppressive environment there and that the employees did not speak much.

She said she chose to resign as she was not able to put up with the stressful conditions.

Another 20-year-old student, however, persevered and completed her internship at the company as she did not want her graduation to be affected.

She said in a television interview that she went through nine weeks of unreasonable and aggressive treatment from Alan.

Source: http://business.asiaone.com/career/n...k-compensation