Techniques to earn passively as a Blogger (without selling!) - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > Workplace and Business Forum » Techniques to earn passively as a Blogger (without selling!)

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st April 2010, 09:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
kctan is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Techniques to earn passively as a Blogger (without selling!)

Just feel like writing this post to share some of the methods you (if you are a blogger) can use to generate some additional income from your existing blog especially after I saw more and more good content blogs that are not being monetized most of the times.

In order for the following techniques to work, you must have some traffic from the United States. As they are more open to purchase stuff online through Amazon.

1. Using Amazon Associates Program

Anyone can join as an associate of Amazon by signing up here. It is free to sign up and how it works is that you can now put banners on your blog featuring certain products and if your visitors click through and make a purchase, you will be credited some commission. You may think that it is difficult, but its not true.

You just need to get the following elements right:

1) Attract the right people - Only put up products that relates to your content. Notice there are two levels here - one is at post level, another one is at blog level. For example, if your blog talks about health, you can put a generic Amazon banner about health products at the blog side bar. If you are talking about antioxidants in one of your blog post, embed some related antioxidants products such as drinks into that blog post. This is what I mean by targeting.

2) I would like to repeat this again - THIS only works if you have some traffic from the U.S. since they are more open to purchase online especially through Amazon. Ideally, you should have at least 300 unique visitors coming to your blog monthly to see some results. Check your web analytics to see if there are any traffic from the U.S before you set this up. I will share how to attract U.S traffic later.

3) Do not clutter your blog with all kinds of banners - I would not propose Amazon if your blog is already clutter with money making banners or Advertisements all over.. The most important thing for your visitors to click through and buy is that the banner MUST be obvious to them. There are only two ways to make it obvious - One, eliminate other noise, if you are not making money through other programs, ditch them. Two, put Amazon banners above the fold, which means, visitors do not need to scroll down to see the banners.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I would not advice you to put up Amazon products if your aim for your blog is to sell your own products. The purpose of this post is to share with Bloggers who are now sharing only knowledge in their blog. And for them, Amazon works wonder!

Surprise Element!!!
Now, why I find Amazon interesting is that I normally get sales from products that I least expected... I once receive commissions from Gardening Tools while I put up only banners relating to meal shakes. What I want to share is that even if your visitors click through your banner and leave Amazon without buying, your affiliate tracker will still in the visitors' computer. Hence, when the visitors return to Amazon and buy something (within a week), you will be credited the commission whatever he / she buys. Note that the tracker id expires in a week.

The following is some surprise sales I receive recently from a website that I promote web design books (you will notice that the sales I receive from other unexpected products are even greater than books alone!):

Effective Way to Attract Traffic From the United States
Now, if you find you have very minimal traffic coming from the States, one effective method is that you can submit some of your blog posts (informative ones) to an article directory known as eZineArticles.com. This is the most popular article directory in the States and receives millions of readers every month. This alone should get you some traffic if you do it consistently for the first 30 days.

Hope you find this post useful!

I am thinking to share with you another post on maximizing Google Adsense some time later =) Got to run for appointments now, see ya!

PS: Let me know if you have any questions and I will be glad to answer next time I pop by!

Sponsors:
Add to kctan's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 11:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
scheng1 has a spectacular aura about

Liked 48 Times in 46 Posts
Re: Techniques to earn passively as a Blogger (without selling!)

There are a few things I dont like about Amazon.
The first is the low commission rate, starting from 4%.
The second is the 24 hours cookie. clickbank has 60 days cookie, but Amazon has only 24 hours.
The third is the copyright issue in music. Music download only available for those in US.
It's hard to earn enough from Amazon, unless someone buys a lot of items.

Old 21st April 2010, 04:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scheng1 View Post
The second is the 24 hours cookie. clickbank has 60 days cookie, but Amazon has only 24 hours.
The third is the copyright issue in music. Music download only available for those in US.
Actually it is not fair to compare ClickBank with Amazon.. they are of different ballgame altogether. ClickBank does not sell most physical products like gaming consoles or earphones etc. In fact, I don't think ClickBank has any physical products. Having said that, I use both of them for different niches at different sites.

I agree that it is hard to earn enough from Amazon. This is precisely the message I want to bring out - generating additional income =) Everyone got to start somewhere, and you never know if you don't try.. I always look upon Darren as an inspiration (earning more than USD$100,000 from Amazon):

http://www.problogger.net/archives/2...sociates-tips/ <<< Check it out =)

kctan is offline   Add to kctan's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 05:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
New SGClubber
kool is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

come on ,man, you show me your whole month selling history right ?

kool added 2 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Originally Posted by scheng1 View Post
clickbank even harder to earn, because customer cannot make a decision immediately to buy a product.Unless you have your own database,or else will be tough to earn money from clickbank

Last edited by kool; 21st April 2010 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Post Bumping
kool is offline   Add to kool's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 07:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kool View Post
come on ,man, you show me your whole month selling history right ?
I show the summary to share you can capture sales from other items sold as well... the main message is not the amount earn.. The summary can be per year, per month or per day, up to you to filter and extract.

"clickbank even harder to earn, because customer cannot make a decision immediately to buy a product."

This is the reason why a lot of people has pre-sell web page before directing people to the final clickbank product. One effective tactic is that you can offer a related bonus for people who buy from your affiliate link.

kctan is offline   Add to kctan's Reputation Reply With Quote