Torres: Reds duo broke promises - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Sports Forum > Soccer Forums > Liverpool Fan Club » Torres: Reds duo broke promises

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th February 2011, 05:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
tcd
Addicted SGClubber
tcd is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Torres: Reds duo broke promises

Fernando Torres has pinned the blame for his departure from Liverpool squarely on the shoulders of Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

Torres claims the club's ousted owners are responsible for what was their worst start to a league season for more than half a century following "two years" of broken promises at Anfield.

The striker believes the new regime at Liverpool is on the right track to revive their fortunes but admits he was not prepared to hang around and wait for the Reds to become major contenders for trophies once again.

Entering his peak years, the 26-year-old decided to join last season's double winners Chelsea, who he is confident are already equipped to challenge for the game's top prizes.

Expressing his discontent about Liverpool's "old owners", Torres added: "I think when the new owner, John Henry, came and brought his team with him, the club was moving in the right direction.

"They have ambition and they know how to do things and go back to the way they were.

"It is my opinion, though, that they need time for that. Maybe they will need the time while I'm at my best age to play football.

"I explained my situation, my feelings, and was honest with everyone.

"I told everyone, face to face, my feelings and that I wanted to leave for Chelsea.

"They didn't hear that in the press. They heard it from me. That was maybe 10 or 12 days before the window closed."

Explaining why he chose Chelsea, Torres said: "When you have a chance of playing for a team in the Champions League, who have a chance to win the Champions League, and if you are the right age to do that and compete with the best, you have to do that."

Torres' desire to leave Anfield angered some Liverpool fans, who had welcomed him as one of their own from the moment he arrived.

While still an Atletico Madrid player, he had 'You'll Never Walk Alone' stitched into his captain's armband.

But he insists the only club he has ever supported is Atletico.

He said: "When you are joining a club, you want to do the best for yourself and that club, and that's all. Some people like to kiss the badge. They can do it.

"I only want to score goals and do my job, and achieve all the targets the team has.

"I was not a Liverpool fan or a Chelsea fan in Madrid. I was an Atletico fan. I still am.

"Maybe they're the only badge I will kiss."

Some Reds fans burnt Torres replica shirts when his departure was becoming inevitable, while he has been criticised by some former players.

"I think 'traitor' makes no sense," he said.

"I played three very good seasons there, left massive money there, lots of goals, good performances.

"I'm very happy with everything I did there."

Torres insists it did not even enter his mind to ask to sit out tomorrow's Barclays Premier League clash with his former club, although he has vowed not to celebrate if he scores.

He added: "Maybe it's too soon to ask for a good reception. I'm not expecting that. But it would be a surprise for me if I get a very bad reception."

The arrival of Torres and David Luiz for a combined £75million has sparked reports Chelsea may sell the likes of Didier Drogba and Florent Malouda this summer.

But manager Carlo Ancelotti said: "We don't want to sell.

"We don't need to sell players."

Source: http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/67...broke-promises

P/S : Damage control from Torres(Merchandise) even thou there's abit of truth in it. Saw a new Torres banner make by chelsea fan and was really surprised because it's the same as we see in anfield just that the background change from Red to Blue. I thought Chelsea fans seldom use home-made banner or flag? I alway see plastic flag in chelsea ground

Sponsors:
Add to tcd's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 10:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
kenji_ray will become famous soon enough

Re: Torres: Reds duo broke promises

its ironic to see chelsea fans to call torres as p(_)ssy/girl in the past when he was in liverpool and then now treat torres like god. LOL~