Urgh, sister problems - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > Love & Relationships > Family Matters » Urgh, sister problems

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th December 2009, 02:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Songwriter
theliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to behold

Liked 179 Times in 124 Posts
Urgh, sister problems

I don't get it on how my third sister gets away with everything. She's only 12 this year, yet she acts as if she can dominate everyone and everything in the whole household!

I thought it was quite bad when she was still in Primary School. In my own room, I got barred from playing my guitar or playing my own music, or even talking on the phone loudly. She'll come in, scream like some madwoman, then slam the MY room door and HER room door, loudly.
Even with BOTH doors closed, she'll still scream on how its so loud that I should stop playing it. Best part was, my mother supported her! Claiming that the noise was excessive and that it'll affect her "studying". Not that she studied much in the first place.

Furthermore, she'll hog the television, the phone, and the computer at her own convenience! Even the couch! I've forgotten the number of times where the TV would be switched on, but she'll be lying down on the whole couch and watching her show. Even though her allocated time is up or the show is over, she'll refuse to return the remote control and continue watching the next program.
And when we watch a show together, my second sister and I are relegated to sitting on the floor while she'll lie down on the whole couch. Even though we try to politely ask her to move her legs and give the both of us some space, she'll refuse and attempt to kick us as well!

I don't understand how she can call so many other friends (or receive them) in one day and talk about random stuff that are not important. The rest of my family doesn't even make THAT many calls or receive that many calls in a day, even on our handphones, unless it is dire necessary.

And it doesn't help that she spends excessive time on the computer. My parents would allow her to use the computer for an hour, but she'll always exceed the time. Even though all of us tells her to get off, she'll find all sorts of excuses NOT to get off.

It's made worse that now that now its the holidays. She's spending even more time hogging all the devices and throwing her tantrums around. Gosh, I had had enough of her bad attitude already. Have been enduring it for some time, but my mother doesn't seem to be doing anything to discipline her! My second sister and I were whacked a lot harder then what she is getting now. I always tell my mother that my third sister is spoilt, but still, my mother just sighs and says she's given up on the youngest.

How I wish that my sister would show some basic respect to the rest of us at home. She shows zero respect or tolerance for my second sister and I. And the words she used to swear at us! Goodness! I didn't even know THAT many words had her age

Argh, I'm so cheesed. Now I wish I could blame my father for giving me another sister instead of a brother.

P.S:
Anyone knows how to put a timer on a computer? So next time, when she logs on, she'll be forced to log off after her allocated time is over

Sponsors:
Add to theliverevoluti's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 03:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Wish is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Urgh, sister problems

Seriously. The sister you have there is really bad. (No offense) Even my sister isn't that bad. (She hogs the comp 90% of the time) Nor my brother. (He just sings so badly and loudly that i can't stand it.)

If i were you, i would ask your mother for permission to discipline her. And sometimes give her a good tight slap if she still going to be so wilful. If she attempts to kick you again, you've got your second sister to help stop her. It is not like she can have more strength then both your second sister and you even in berserk mode You can even ask your mother to reduce her allowance every time she breaks the rules until she only haves enough to eat. If your parents, you, and your second sister cooperates well, there is still hope she can become disciplined.

Good luck surviving.

Mwahahahaha

Last edited by Wish; 17th December 2009 at 03:19 PM.
Wish is offline   Add to Wish's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 03:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
oreobiscuit is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So weird.
Your mom give in to the youngest while most mom give in to the oldest.

oreobiscuit is offline   Add to oreobiscuit's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 03:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Subject029 is on a distinguished road

some anti virus software have internet timing restriction.. i'm using bit defender total security or something like that.. use the parental control option (password protected) to allocate what time can/can't that computer access the internet... since u have the password, u can disable it, if u need to use it at the restricted time slot, and enable it back once done.. it was fun disabling facebook and watch my sisters get fed up.. lol.. but that was only a temporary prank.. lol.. but my time allocation is fixed they can only go online at a stated timing..

as for log in period.. i'm sure they are such softwares, as i noe it's normally used in schools... but i'm not sure what that software is.. maybe you can try google..

Subject029 is offline   Add to Subject029's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 04:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
christmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant future

Liked 523 Times in 453 Posts

TS, your parents are making big mistakes in disciplining your sister.

christmas_ is offline   Add to christmas_'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 05:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Songwriter
theliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by christmas_ View Post
TS, your parents are making big mistakes in disciplining your sister.
My thoughts exactly. But after all, I can't question my parents, and neither do I have the full authority to deal with her. Which is why I'm just doing what I can do - like barring her from the computer

Old 17th December 2009, 05:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Rose2 is on a distinguished road

a little horrible

Old 17th December 2009, 05:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
christmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant future

Liked 523 Times in 453 Posts

i foresee that if something is not done to discipline your sister quick, she might turn into a bad girl

no offence here

christmas_ is offline   Add to christmas_'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 05:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
sky99 is a glorious beacon of lightsky99 is a glorious beacon of lightsky99 is a glorious beacon of light

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

How old are you ?

[Official]SGC Left 4 Dead 2 Thread -> http://forums.sgclub.com/singapore/o..._a_303841.html
sky99 is offline   Add to sky99's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 05:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
black- is a jewel in the roughblack- is a jewel in the rough

Liked 59 Times in 47 Posts

horrible! so rude!

black- is offline   Add to black-'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 05:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
GilaQila is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exactly why i dont give in to my sisters. From young had been strict with them.

GilaQila is offline   Add to GilaQila's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 05:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
DJOblivion is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

aiyo i guess she is being too indescribable... being too bossy and wanting everything to herself. i just hope she change and if you can tell your parents about her attitude.

Old 17th December 2009, 05:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Weztimonial is just really niceWeztimonial is just really nice

Liked 81 Times in 69 Posts

use parental control.
can even prevent her from going internet at certain time
just google it

Flickr
+1 REP if you think my post is AWESOME!
Weztimonial is offline   Add to Weztimonial's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 05:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
zainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to all

Liked 219 Times in 184 Posts

It's not your sister fault. It your parent for unable to control her. She's onlt 12 mind you.

Originally Posted by theliverevoluti View Post

Anyone knows how to put a timer on a computer? So next time, when she logs on, she'll be forced to log off after her allocated time is over
You can set the time from what time to play and stop. You can even choose the day to let her play the pc.

zainynn is offline   Add to zainynn's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 05:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
NCKin is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wa.1st time see this type of case.i use to be like that to my bro too. >.< then until he treat me good i then like real brothers.xD maybe you guys can like treat her abit nicer?then maybe she will have a feeling to treat you guys the same.

Old 17th December 2009, 05:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
zainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to all

My thoughts exactly. But after all, I can't question my parents, and neither do I have the full authority to deal with her. Which is why I'm just doing what I can do - like barring her from the computer
That's the problem with our culrure. Questioning our parent is consider rude an unacceptable. We forget to realize that parent are human too and they too make mistake.

Old 17th December 2009, 05:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
The Songwriter

Originally Posted by sky99 View Post
How old are you ?
I'm only 20. Heh

theliverevoluti added 2 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Originally Posted by zainynn View Post
... what time to play and stop. You can even choose the day to let her play the pc.
Question is, how. Googling it gave me a lot of weird replies. Unless what I'm looking for isn't the right one

Last edited by theliverevoluti; 17th December 2009 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Post Bumping
theliverevoluti is offline   Add to theliverevoluti's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 06:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

I'm only 20. Heh

theliverevoluti added 2 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Question is, how. Googling it gave me a lot of weird replies. Unless what I'm looking for isn't the right one
You can go to control panel, then choose choose parental control and make new account for you sister. In your sister account, you can choose the time and day. Ensure that you are the admin for the pc and your sister is the account holder.

As I'm not in SG and in cyber cafe now, I can acces the show you step by step, will do so when I'm home this weekend.

Last edited by zainynn; 17th December 2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 17th December 2009, 06:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
sj_jiienx will become famous soon enough

Liked 17 Times in 16 Posts

didn't you even try scolding her?

Old 17th December 2009, 06:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Amir94 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

maybe she thinks cos no one scolds her (esp your parents), she can get away with anyth.
maybe like pampered. in my opinion, discipline problem here.
good luck surviving man, daily nightmare ;x