What are the various believes in different religion on supernatural matters? - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Miscellaneous Interests > Supernatural Zone » What are the various believes in different religion on supernatural matters?

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st July 2007, 10:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
SgUncle is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What are the various believes in different religion on supernatural matters?

After having read many of the postings on supernatural stuff here, I began to wonder aloud........does the belief in ghost, spirits or devils has anything to do with any religious belief? Are you guys influence very much from young, from friend, from news etc.....that makes you decide to believe in all the supernatural stuffs? How has that shape you into what you are today? Does it make you more determine to find out the truth, or simply you find yourselves more confused in these supernatural issues? Has it got to do with cultural evolution from grandparent, parent etc......

Anyone here can share?

Sponsors:
Add to SgUncle's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2007, 10:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Wintermaul is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: What are the various believes in different religion on supernatural matters?

Haha... I'll start the ball rolling. I am a stubborn and obstinate person, I will not believe unless I find it logical. Thus, I will not believe something cause someone or something stated it so. I will only believe if I can see it.

Mine is mostly from personal experiences. Eg. seeing spirits when I was younger. Sensing their presence. Having seen pple affected by voodoo (witchcraft). Thus, thats why I sort of believe that they exist.

我会选择离开 微笑告别伤害
我知道你心中的那份遗憾
当你为她带上幸福的头盖
我含泪祝福 你有美的未来

想飞到千里外 期待一切重来
想洗去你对你的所有依赖
但谢谢你 让我体会了真爱
我永远记得你 心中的遗憾

Member of Anti Odex Club
Wintermaul is offline   Add to Wintermaul's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2007, 10:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
dandan. has a spectacular aura about

Re: What are the various believes in different religion on supernatural matters?

Originally Posted by Wintermaul
Haha... I'll start the ball rolling. I am a stubborn and obstinate person, I will not believe unless I find it logical. Thus, I will not believe something cause someone or something stated it so. I will only believe if I can see it.

Mine is mostly from personal experiences. Eg. seeing spirits when I was younger. Sensing their presence. Having seen pple affected by voodoo (witchcraft). Thus, thats why I sort of believe that they exist.
same here . i only believe when i see it ,
but i jus dun have that luck . ha
anw , for me . im a christian and we dun believe such things as ghost .
well , i wouldnt is it true that they exist or nt .
i only know i have nv seen it before . ha

Old 31st July 2007, 10:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Wintermaul for starting the ball rolling......

Has that personal experience make you a better person and truth or it has make you more confused? Do you have a better cultivated spiritual views?

SgUncle is offline   Add to SgUncle's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2007, 11:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by danlovejc

Interesting enough........like most people only believes what they see. But we all know that many things cannot be explained by the 'unseen'. Does that technically meant they don't exist?

I know many good friends who are Christians. But they do believe in ghost, spirits etc.....in fact they are so hungry for these info.....:mellow3:

I know of an paranormal organisation here that can fulfill your needs in wanting to 'see' or 'experience' the 'ghost'. I would be most glad to PM you if you desire.......thanks for your contribution.

Old 3rd August 2007, 10:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
rock is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, I think that religion plays a big role in supernatural beliefs.

For example, Christians mightconnect any unnatural matters with devils and witches, while Buddists might connect them with lost or angry spirits...

I think religion gives people the general point of view and knowlege related to this kind of stuff..

rock is offline   Add to rock's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 06:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
lai_lai is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Alot of factors contribute to one's belief in supernatural matters. Same as wintermaul, my personal experiences and family background contribute to my belief in supernatural events. Hmm believing in their existance does not stimulate much interest in me wanting to find out the truth as i have experienced and heard alot too. Personal experiences did make me a more careful person when talking about ghost stuff etc. It's best not to see or offend them. Live life as per normal is the best!

lai_lai is offline   Add to lai_lai's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 08:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agreed with you on your views. I started out as only a hearsay from my parents. When I started working, I was very much influence by the surrounding news and stories. My family was in taoism as we pray to Tua Pek Kong. I was just following them blindly without really knowing what is it all about. By chance I came into buddhism. But it was on the wrong footing as I was so deep into Thai Buddhism. I started 'trying' all types of practise and chants that I got myself in a fix. Somehow I chance upon another group which slowly lead me out of it. It was indeed a very enriching experience.

Old 3rd August 2007, 08:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
sylvester134 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by danlovejc
You may like to visit some makeshift tentage during some taoist praying sessions. Watch the tanki in trance.

You may also like to join SPI for some night tours, and also join some taoist praying session to the graveyards.

Ask Yeobt for more information.

Old 3rd August 2007, 08:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Singapore Paranormal Investigators visit to Graves with Taoists to investigate Ghosts...

Watch the video clips..

Part 1
[youtube]Ni-XMCADszc[/youtube]

Part 2
[youtube]iN5c_qbn_rY[/youtube]

Part3
[youtube]Lmg32FDdgKw[/youtube]

Old 3rd August 2007, 10:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sylvester134
You may like to visit some makeshift tentage during some taoist praying sessions. Watch the tanki in trance.

You may also like to join SPI for some night tours, and also join some taoist praying session to the graveyards.

Ask Yeobt for more information.

So are you trying to tell us taoism is all about tanki only? :confused2: As a taoist you only learn how to be in trance or.......?

I attended a tour once with SPI. Let me tell you they are the most boring group to be.....telling you only stories that was not verified......even before you have finished getting to that place, the front people already start heading back .......:shifty3: I tell myself never to attend any of their tours again........It seems many are promoting their group. Are you from SPI?

Old 3rd August 2007, 11:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Storm is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by SgUncle
So are you trying to tell us taoism is all about tanki only? :confused2: As a taoist you only learn how to be in trance or.......?

I attended a tour once with SPI. Let me tell you they are the most boring group to be.....telling you only stories that was not verified......even before you have finished getting to that place, the front people already start heading back .......:shifty3: I tell myself never to attend any of their tours again........It seems many are promoting their group. Are you from SPI?

hmmm...strange huh?why only mention spi when there are so many other paranormal groups around?u mean spi is really that good?i HEARD they booted their founder out from spi leh....if its really that good...hmmmm.....but than again,wat spi does is just kids play in the true world of spiritualism,been on their tours once,bring pple to haunted place but let pple do wat they want at the huanted place,machiam SPI bigger than the paranormal there like dat,imagine a bunch of pple just step onto someone's grave and take picture like nobody's business...if someone step on your roof and does that, bet you deifinitley will be fuming tru the roof but than *sigh* sad to say,they dont prevent their tour members from showing respect to the dead,i mean with this type of pple conducting tours who are irresponsible,how can you trust yourself to be in good hands when you join their tour?i mean wat happens if some tour members get possessed during the tour?i bet they cant wait for such a thing to happen and than they can happily snap their cam or videos away to use as research material

i dont mean to say bad things about spi but than ths is actually wat is happening,i went to another paranormal group tour also something similar happen during that tour that one even worse they allow their tour members to shine poweful torchlights anywhere anyhow,just imagine you are driving and the oncoming car gives you high beam and blind u temporary wont you get angry?whatever happen to courtesy?

or is it their ruse to make sure the tour members go irritate the paranormal and hopefully the paranormal gets angry and punish the trouble makers and than the paranormal group will have material to do research on?but than this is just MY deduction....

Last edited by Storm_Pyro; 3rd August 2007 at 11:32 PM.
Storm is offline   Add to Storm's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 11:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SgUncle
Thanks Wintermaul for starting the ball rolling......

Has that personal experience make you a better person and truth or it has make you more confused? Do you have a better cultivated spiritual views?
Actually no. I only know that spirits are not to be messed with. I have once gotten into trouble so I will not make the same mistake again. I will respect them and acknowledge their existence, but will not fathom or indulge in them hehe...

Correction not once but more than once... sighz~ just hope I can stop making these kind of mistakes...

I also read SPI webby... honestly speaking I find them boring cos their pictures usually speaks nothing... Ghost hunting is not as simple as it seems I think... but I will never go on a hunt on that... think I have created enuff troubles for pple arnd me to help me clear all the time..

我会选择离开 微笑告别伤害
我知道你心中的那份遗憾
当你为她带上幸福的头盖
我含泪祝福 你有美的未来

想飞到千里外 期待一切重来
想洗去你对你的所有依赖
但谢谢你 让我体会了真爱
我永远记得你 心中的遗憾

Member of Anti Odex Club

Last edited by Wintermaul; 3rd August 2007 at 11:28 PM.
Old 3rd August 2007, 11:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Actually no. I only know that spirits are not to be messed with. I have once gotten into trouble so I will not make the same mistake again. I will respect them and acknowledge their existence, but will not fathom or indulge in them hehe...

Correction not once but more than once... sighz~ just hope I can stop making these kind of mistakes...

I also read SPI webby... honestly speaking I find them boring cos their pictures usually speaks nothing... Ghost hunting is not as simple as it seems I think... but I will never go on a hunt on that... think I have created enuff troubles for pple arnd me to help me clear all the time..

i would put it like akin to living in a multi racial country like sg where we need to practise tolerance and understanding towards every other race other than ourselves to achieve harmony,think of it this way,we as humans are stuck in between the ones above us as in fairies,deities,devas,gods and buddha and the ones below us like ghosts and such,if there is no common understanding ON THE WHOLE,this world would be in chaos,its only tru the understanding and respect between the 3 realms that we are in peace,just like a country having some guys who broke law and order,sometimes between the 3 realms such things happen too.

Old 3rd August 2007, 11:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am not related to SPI. What I know is SPI ppl bring people for tours.

If they are not respecting the dead, then they have to be taught about it.

Taoism is not just about Tanki. But tanki is also part of taoism.

Last edited by sylvester134; 3rd August 2007 at 11:49 PM.
sylvester134 is offline   Add to sylvester134's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 11:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Originally Posted by sylvester134
I am not related to SPI. What I know is SPI ppl bring people for tours.

If they are not respecting the dead, then they have to be taught about it.
u mean hafta teach them about it?
wow man,they can set up a paranormal group and they dont know such things?
its just like doing a business without knowing that you need to do lotsa preparations/...wah piangs eyh

u want u see parang chop on human and human wont die,dont say die,not even bleed just like wat u see in thai magic movies..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uZNhsZNc3Mg

Last edited by Storm_Pyro; 3rd August 2007 at 11:55 PM.
Old 4th August 2007, 01:23 AM   #17 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know but I think I just want peace. I agree that respecting one another is the best way to obtain peace. But I just want to stay out of trouble. I have made so much mistakes and caused so much troubles before. It is like, after some tiring moutain climbing activity, you want to find a place to sit and rest kind of feeling.

The encounters are not really good though.

我会选择离开 微笑告别伤害
我知道你心中的那份遗憾
当你为她带上幸福的头盖
我含泪祝福 你有美的未来

想飞到千里外 期待一切重来
想洗去你对你的所有依赖
但谢谢你 让我体会了真爱
我永远记得你 心中的遗憾

Member of Anti Odex Club
Old 4th August 2007, 02:52 AM   #18 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

The encounters are not really good though.
sounds like you have been using black magic for something before from the way you phrase your statement but than my deductions could be wrong,just a guess,but dont worry i am not probing into your privacy unless you feel comfy to share it with us.

or maybe i should start a thread on it kekeke...

agree with u on that statement,so many times i seen such things happen it does not bring laughter and joy except towards the end when everything turns out well,but in the process you will get to see sadness,grievous-ness,anger n such but luckily so far i have not seen any that turned out in tragedy.

however if you have never encountered this before and suddenly you see what is happening you will definitely get a shock of your life,thats why to me the clip posted in the other thread is nothing as compared to what i have seen before.

but than there have also been cases where it turns out to be a false scare whereby its really mental illness that causes the so called "possession",i cant remember wats the medical term for it but its known as split personality in layman's term.

well,not to go off topic further ....

Old 4th August 2007, 10:48 AM   #19 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Storm_Pyro
sounds like you have been using black magic for something before from the way you phrase your statement but than my deductions could be wrong,just a guess,but dont worry i am not probing into your privacy unless you feel comfy to share it with us.

or maybe i should start a thread on it kekeke...

agree with u on that statement,so many times i seen such things happen it does not bring laughter and joy except towards the end when everything turns out well,but in the process you will get to see sadness,grievous-ness,anger n such but luckily so far i have not seen any that turned out in tragedy.

however if you have never encountered this before and suddenly you see what is happening you will definitely get a shock of your life,thats why to me the clip posted in the other thread is nothing as compared to what i have seen before.

but than there have also been cases where it turns out to be a false scare whereby its really mental illness that causes the so called "possession",i cant remember wats the medical term for it but its known as split personality in layman's term.

well,not to go off topic further ....
No la... I dont really know how to use witchcrafts and never use b4... just that I easily provoke spirits most of the time... like in Sec 3 I accidentally stepped on offering during 7th month. Had a hell time out of it afterwards...

Think the medical term in Chinese is 精神分裂疹 aka hallucination something like this...

我会选择离开 微笑告别伤害
我知道你心中的那份遗憾
当你为她带上幸福的头盖
我含泪祝福 你有美的未来

想飞到千里外 期待一切重来
想洗去你对你的所有依赖
但谢谢你 让我体会了真爱
我永远记得你 心中的遗憾

Member of Anti Odex Club

Last edited by Wintermaul; 4th August 2007 at 10:49 AM.
Old 4th August 2007, 12:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

No la... I dont really know how to use witchcrafts and never use b4... just that I easily provoke spirits most of the time... like in Sec 3 I accidentally stepped on offering during 7th month. Had a hell time out of it afterwards...

Think the medical term in Chinese is 精神分裂疹 aka hallucination something like this...
精神分裂症should be term as schizoprenic(dont know if the spelling is right in short we term them as schi-zo)

hallucination should be 幻想症...kekeke...

but than i could be wrong....

well it could be that your 8 characters is light(in spiritual terms) thats why u are able to feel/see all the disturbances,but than medically they have a term for "illnesses" like this and the general term we use is "you are mad"

but than on the other side of the coin if after medical and such things still happen,its definitely more than medical,thats why most acclaimed spiritual masters will ask the person who consult them for so call ghostly disturbances will enquire if the person is under mental stress or such and at the same time unleash spiritual tests to see if the person is really encountering something(and this tests are being carried out w/o the elaboration of setting up altars and such as well as the "victim" not knowing while the spiritual master is "interviewing" the "victim")