Westlife to split up after 14 UK number ones - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Leisure & Entertainment > Music Zone » Westlife to split up after 14 UK number ones

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th October 2011, 05:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of

Liked 349 Times in 307 Posts
Westlife to split up after 14 UK number ones

Westlife to split up after 14 UK number ones

The Irish pop act will split up following a farewell tour next year in order to pursue new ventures.

Thu, Oct 20, 2011
Reuters

DUBLIN - Irish pop act Westlife will split up following a farewell tour next year in order to pursue new ventures, the band said on Wednesday, calling a halt to a 14-year career that has featured 14 British number one singles.

The boy band, put together by pop impresario Louis Walsh when its five original members were still in the their teens, sold over 44 million albums worldwide and saw seven of their 11 albums hit the top spot in Britain.

One of its members, Bryan McFadden, left in 2004 but the band continued on as a foursome, releasing six more albums. Westlife said on Wednesday their second greatest hits album, due out in November, would be their last.

“The decision is entirely amicable and after spending all of our adult life together so far, we want to have a well-earned break and look at new ventures,” Westlife said in a statement on their website.

“We never imagined when we started out in 1998 that 14 years later we would still be recording, touring and having hits together. It has been a dream come true for all of us.”

Westlife, which failed to emulate their British success in the Unites States, will play a nine-date farewell tour next year, due to end in Glasgow in May and which currently features no shows in their hometown of Ireland.

Source: http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2...20-306070.html

Sponsors:
"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth". - 1 John 3:18
Add to *StarDust*'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2011, 10:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of

Westlife fans left devastated as band announces split after 14 years

Westlife fans left devastated as band announces split after 14 years

Westlife fans have been left devastated by the news of their split (Picture: PA)

Westlife fans have been left devastated by the news the Irish band will be splitting after a greatest hits album and 2012 farewell tour.

Mark Feehily, Nicky Byrne, Kian Egan and Shane Filan broke the news in a statement that after 14 years and 26 top ten hits the four remaining members of the group – original member Brian McFadden left the group in 2004 – will be going their separate ways.

The band said: 'The decision is entirely amicable and after spending all of our adult life together so far, we want to have a well-earned break and look at new ventures.

'We see the greatest hits collection and the farewell tour as the perfect way to celebrate our incredible career along with our fans. We are really looking forward to getting out on the tour and seeing our fans one last time.'

Their legions of hardcore fans were distraught at the news, with one fan writing on Twitter: 'RT if you have had tears for Westlife today and are not ashamed x.'

One user wrote they were 'so depressed' after the news, while another added today: ' Woke up this morning hoping that it was a nightmare that Westlife are splitting had to check but no still true very sad.'

The band have racked up 14 number ones in their 14-year career (Picture: PA)

Some fans didn't know what to do with themselves after the news, with @Sille_WL writing: 'Over a half of my life i have had Westlife in my life, but what im gonna do now without Westlife in it i was too young to remember then :´(

'Everything im today is because of Westlife, i grew up with Westlife and nothing will never replace Westlife for me. This love is unbreakable.'

@maaairigrimes was also beside herself, saying: '3/4 years ago i painted "i luv westlife" on my wall to test paint. never got my room painted after that and never will now #westlifeforever

'I wanna be home, so i can cuddle my cat and look through all my westlife stuff...'

Even the stars of TOWIE were shocked by the news, with Arg particularly distraught.

He wrote: 'Devastated Westlife have split up over all these years! "Flying Without Wings" What an amazing song! Greatest hits playing in Debbies Car!!!'

But not everyone was upset by the news, with many drawing comparisons to this week's reunion of The Stone Roses.

One user said: '#StoneRoses reform and now Westlife split up. A good week for music.'

Another agreed, writing: 'First the Stone Roses reform and then Westlife split, this week just keeps on giving.'

Westlife's new single Lighthouse will be released on November 11, with their greatest hits scheduled to hit the shops a week later.

Source: http://www.metro.co.uk/music/879150-...after-14-years

"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth". - 1 John 3:18
*StarDust* is offline   Add to *StarDust*'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 03:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Westlife trash talk of reunion – it’s all about beers now

Westlife trash talk of reunion – it’s all about beers now

Westlife has gained a large amount of commercial success

Westlife have promised weeping fans there will be ‘no reunion’ after denying their long-drawn-out split is a money-spinning ploy.

Still to release a Greatest Hits album and tour before the final ‘cheerio’, Louis Walsh’s Irish stars revealed they rejected a huge deal to stay together and now just want to get ‘f***ed up’.

‘If it was about money, we turned down an absolutely massive record deal for an awful lot of money,’ Shane Filan told me during an exclusive farewell chat.

‘There’s no reunion planned. There’s nothing.’ Backing him up, Nicky Byrne, 33, admitted: ‘We could have signed the record deal, taken a break and made the reunion one as well and made money.’

Despite 14 No.1s, Westlife always failed to match Take That in the headline stakes but they insisted there’s been mischief behind closed doors. Among their career highlights is ‘the amount of alcohol we’ve drunk’.

Mark Feehily said: ‘Take That were the boyband of the 1990s and we were the boyband of the 2000s.’

Filan added: ‘For us, it’s never been about trying to get headlines. We let our music do the talking and our controversy is our success.’

Byrne went on: ‘We weren’t great at playing the fame game and falling out of pubs.’

Now the lads are planning to stay in music in some way but maintain their obscurity.

‘We always felt we were in a famous band but we weren’t individually famous people,’ said 31-year-old Feehily.

Unknown in the US, they are eyeing Vegas for a farewell. Kian Egan, 31, said: ‘There is no way in the world I am not going to go out after the last gig and get absolutely trashed.’

Source: http://www.metro.co.uk/music/880676-...bout-beers-now

*StarDust* is offline   Add to *StarDust*'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 03:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
pencil-leads is a glorious beacon of lightpencil-leads is a glorious beacon of lightpencil-leads is a glorious beacon of light

Liked 190 Times in 123 Posts
Re: Westlife to split up after 14 UK number ones

one of my favorite boybands... =(

pencil-leads is offline   Add to pencil-leads's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2011, 08:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
touchablex3u is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One of my all time favorites..Missed their concert too...sad.

Old 12th November 2011, 09:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
christmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant future

Liked 523 Times in 453 Posts

Maybe, with some hope, they will be together again

christmas_ is offline   Add to christmas_'s Reputation Reply With Quote