WHY do we need to have CCA? - Page 2 - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Lifestyle > School Life » WHY do we need to have CCA?

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th November 2010, 03:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
PureNoob21 has a spectacular aura aboutPureNoob21 has a spectacular aura aboutPureNoob21 has a spectacular aura about

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: WHY do we need to have CCA?

Originally Posted by KeroChan View Post
This is the main point. =P
i thought you were attracted to males?

I <3 Java Chips
PureNoob21 is offline   Add to PureNoob21's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2010, 04:04 PM   #22 (permalink)
New SGClubber
yi_lin is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

To make our resume looks nice!

yi_lin is offline   Add to yi_lin's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 03:46 PM   #23 (permalink)
New SGClubber
winvista07 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

test test test

winvista07 is offline   Add to winvista07's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 04:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
christmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant future

Liked 458 Times in 393 Posts

To make your certificate and testimonial nicer. You can also learn new skills and things from CCA

Last edited by christmas_; 7th November 2010 at 04:47 PM.
christmas_ is offline   Add to christmas_'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2010, 11:51 AM   #25 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
Kvothe is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Most people have CCA's for the entirely wrong reason, they turn up for every session and treat it as a chore they must do in order to get CCA points. I've been in my same sports CCA ever since primary school all through JC and I've never missed a training because I felt like it. The sport is now part of my everyday life and one of my prevailing hobbies.

It is up to the person to find a CCA that fits them and find meaning in it. Do not be afraid to change CCAs, even if it means "losing CCA points". I've had many a friend who stuck with their CCAs because of this very reason and regretted it, or ended up quiting anyway the next year.

Kvothe is offline   Add to Kvothe's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2010, 12:05 PM   #26 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
xeroone has a spectacular aura aboutxeroone has a spectacular aura aboutxeroone has a spectacular aura aboutxeroone has a spectacular aura aboutxeroone has a spectacular aura about

Liked 24 Times in 24 Posts

The problem is: some CCA do not allow their members to quit after a period of time, unless you got special permission from teacher or a parent write-in. Examples I've seen before from my previous school are NCC, NPCC.

Furthermore, finding a new CCA is easier said than done. Especially sports CCA where places are very competitive and unless you have established skills in that sport, the coaches do not accept new members that easily. Cos they feel that they would have to spent time training newbies from the basics which compromises the training time for other established players in the team.

xeroone is offline   Add to xeroone's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2010, 12:21 PM   #27 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xeroone View Post
The problem is: some CCA do not allow their members to quit after a period of time, unless you got special permission from teacher or a parent write-in. Examples I've seen before from my previous school are NCC, NPCC.

Furthermore, finding a new CCA is easier said than done. Especially sports CCA where places are very competitive and unless you have established skills in that sport, the coaches do not accept new members that easily. Cos they feel that they would have to spent time training newbies from the basics which compromises the training time for other established players in the team.
There lies the failure of the CCA system, it is too result oriented. The school wants to be top among the other schools in sports, they want NYF Gold, and other achievements. Maybe I've been blessed to have tried to join CCAs that are more welcoming to new members, but I've personally been lucky enough to have joined a few CCAs of very contrasting nature for different lengths of time from two weeks to a year. Most of the time it is the lack of trying, when one cannot find a CCA to join.

I'm sure getting out of a CCA shouldn't be a problem. If you don't go for long enough, they'll eventually kick you out

Old 18th December 2010, 12:34 PM   #28 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
xeroone has a spectacular aura aboutxeroone has a spectacular aura aboutxeroone has a spectacular aura aboutxeroone has a spectacular aura aboutxeroone has a spectacular aura about

Liked 24 Times in 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Kvothe View Post
There lies the failure of the CCA system, it is too result oriented. The school wants to be top among the other schools in sports, they want NYF Gold, and other achievements. Maybe I've been blessed to have tried to join CCAs that are more welcoming to new members, but I've personally been lucky enough to have joined a few CCAs of very contrasting nature for different lengths of time from two weeks to a year. Most of the time it is the lack of trying, when one cannot find a CCA to join.

I'm sure getting out of a CCA shouldn't be a problem. If you don't go for long enough, they'll eventually kick you out
True. However even if one is able to quit and join a new CCA, their CCA points would not be accumulated. Which means that he/she has to start that CCA like a freshmen once more, and start accumulating attendance points, competition points etc, all over again.

That's kind of a drawback for students. Furthermore, having to adapt to the new change in practice/training timeslots, getting to familiarize oneself to new people and also fear of not knowing anything in the new CCA would make students think twice about changing.

I applaud CCAs which are welcoming to new members instead of selfishly picking members who can get them that gold medal. Its the "willingness to let others learn" attitude rather than the "just win the medal" attitude which I feel separates the good CCAs with the bad CCAs.

xeroone is offline   Add to xeroone's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 11:28 PM   #29 (permalink)
Account Suspended
fabrizzo is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kvothe View Post
Most people have CCA's for the entirely wrong reason, they turn up for every session and treat it as a chore they must do in order to get CCA points. I've been in my same sports CCA ever since primary school all through JC and I've never missed a training because I felt like it. The sport is now part of my everyday life and one of my prevailing hobbies.

It is up to the person to find a CCA that fits them and find meaning in it. Do not be afraid to change CCAs, even if it means "losing CCA points". I've had many a friend who stuck with their CCAs because of this very reason and regretted it, or ended up quiting anyway the next year.
my parents got me to join a cca i didnt like...but honestly i dont know which i'd have prefered too.

fabrizzo is offline   Add to fabrizzo's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 11:43 PM   #30 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fabrizzo View Post
my parents got me to join a cca i didnt like...but honestly i dont know which i'd have prefered too.
Well if you don't know what CCA you'd prefer then try to make the best of your current one. Make friends, try to have fun and be more involved in your CCA.

Old 20th December 2010, 11:57 PM   #31 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Hokage is on a distinguished road

make new friends from different stream regarless of your age (secondary school)

Hokage is offline   Add to Hokage's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 03:30 PM   #32 (permalink)
New SGClubber
innocentgal6757 is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

for holistic development.

innocentgal6757 is offline   Add to innocentgal6757's Reputation Reply With Quote