Woman signs up for $3,000 beauty salon package - and ends up with 'cartoon' eyebrows - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Fashion & Beauty » Woman signs up for $3,000 beauty salon package - and ends up with 'cartoon' eyebrows

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th November 2015, 02:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
BadBrains is on a distinguished road

Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Woman signs up for $3,000 beauty salon package - and ends up with 'cartoon' eyebrows

A 44-year-old secretary was left with swollen and "cartoon" eyebrows after she signed up for a $3,000 package at a chain beauty salon in Serangoon last year.

According to a report in Shin Min Daily News, the woman named Kai Ling was curious as to how much it would cost to get her eyebrows tattooed.

"I was asking how much I would need to pay for eyebrow tattoo, and their reply was $70. But they emphasized that the $70 tattoo will not be exquisite and recommended a $1,000 plus 3D tattoo package and a $3,000 package to me, claiming that I can enjoy salon services in other branches if I choose the latter. So I signed up for the $3,000 package," she said.

Since signing up for the package, Kai Ling has been to different branches of the beauty salon. However, she was frequently asked to pay to more to upgrade the beauty package.

Last year, it was suggested to Kai Ling that she top up $200 to upgrade her 3D eyebrow package to a 4D one and she obliged. On Nov 24, she went to the beauty salon to get her eyebrows tattooed.

There she was introduced to another promotion, a 6V eyebrow tattoo worth $300. But, she rejected the offer.

Photo Gallery:
Woman spends $3k on beauty salon package; ends up with 'cartoon' eyebrows
Click on thumbnail to view photos. Source:
Stomp
Woman spends $3k on beauty salon package; ends up with 'cartoon' eyebrows - 0Woman spends $3k on beauty salon package; ends up with 'cartoon' eyebrows - 1Woman spends $3k on beauty salon package; ends up with 'cartoon' eyebrows - 2Woman spends $3k on beauty salon package; ends up with 'cartoon' eyebrows - 3Woman spends $3k on beauty salon package; ends up with 'cartoon' eyebrows - 4Woman spends $3k on beauty salon package; ends up with 'cartoon' eyebrows - 5Woman spends $3k on beauty salon package; ends up with 'cartoon' eyebrows - 6Woman spends $3k on beauty salon package; ends up with 'cartoon' eyebrows - 7View more
See also: Want to look smarter? Draw your brows right

She told the Chinese Daily: "The manager said I would regret it if I rejected it. And I did not realize that it was a threat until much later."

Kai Ling painfully recalls: "After tattooing, the beauticians at the side actually smirked and said 'swelling! It is swelling!' They gesticulated as if it was a joke."

Kai Ling did not realize what had happened until she went to the washroom, where she realized that her right eyelid was swollen and her eyebrow looked particularly heavy and similar to the cartoon character, Crayon Shin-Chan, a character from a popular Japanese manga series.

After returning from the beauty salon, Kai Ling began applied cold packs to her eyes and the swelling reduced. Kai Ling now spends all her time at home as she is afraid to meet people.

She added that both her mother and her daughter were startled upon seeing after she returned from the salon.

Beauty salon: Allegations have yet to be confirmed

Executive Director of this beauty salons chain Mr. Zhang responded to the incident in an interview, he said: "Preliminary investigations of this incident have taken place. We would like to find out more information from our customers."

He pointed out that swelling after tattooing the eyebrow is normal. Their staff clearly explained the situation to Ms Kai Ling beforehand and advised her on how to tend to her eyes after getting her eyebrows done.

Regarding to poor customer service, he said, "poor attitude and rude behavior blatantly violates the company's regulations. The company will not tolerate such acts."

However, he added that the investigation did not confirm these allegations.

As for the accusation of hard selling, Mr Zhang said, "the staff is obliged to share the latest promotion with customers, should the customers reject, the staff will not pressurize them to purchase."

- See more at: http://women.asiaone.com/women/beaut....OY6Mjl3z.dpuf

Sponsors:
Add to BadBrains's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2015, 10:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Mel Lee is a jewel in the roughMel Lee is a jewel in the rough

Liked 44 Times in 40 Posts
Re: Woman signs up for $3,000 beauty salon package - and ends up with 'cartoon' eyebrows - See more

She looked STUPID!

Mel Lee is offline   Add to Mel Lee's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2015, 11:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
zainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to allzainynn is a name known to all

Liked 219 Times in 184 Posts
Re: Woman signs up for $3,000 beauty salon package - and ends up with 'cartoon' eyebrows - See more

Original is always the best and yet ppl still love fake.

Last edited by zainynn; 30th November 2015 at 11:48 AM.
zainynn is offline   Add to zainynn's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2015, 08:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
christmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant future

Liked 523 Times in 453 Posts

never trust beauty salons

christmas_ is online now   Add to christmas_'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2015, 01:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
Adli will become famous soon enough

Liked 18 Times in 18 Posts

Originally Posted by christmas_ View Post
never trust beauty salons
they will only take advantage and earn all your money..

Adli is offline   Add to Adli's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2015, 10:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
ms.siqi is a jewel in the roughms.siqi is a jewel in the rough

Liked 153 Times in 144 Posts
Re: Woman signs up for $3,000 beauty salon package - and ends up with 'cartoon' eyebrows

She looked like Old Master Q.

ms.siqi is offline   Add to ms.siqi's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2015, 05:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lemon Breeland
poop is just really nicepoop is just really nice

Liked 176 Times in 142 Posts
Re: Woman signs up for $3,000 beauty salon package - and ends up with 'cartoon' eyebrows

Maybe she should upgrade to 5D eyebrow, it should look even more exquisite. Better yet, go for 6D and 7D, maybe 8D too.

poop is offline   Add to poop's Reputation Reply With Quote