These women splurge on cars, not bags - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Automobile Forum » These women splurge on cars, not bags

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th May 2011, 09:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of*StarDust* has much to be proud of

Liked 349 Times in 307 Posts
These women splurge on cars, not bags

These women splurge on cars, not bags

It was the R8's stylish design that made her splurge on a second car.

Tue, May 24, 2011
AsiaOne

LIKE her cars, Madam Claudine Ho is fast and furious - that is, when she purchases them.

Last year, she hastily handed over a cheque of over $300,000 for a two-year-old Audi R8 when her husband, Mr Colin Chen, was away on a business trip for two weeks.

She knew that he would probably object to her purchase as they had already owned a top-of-the-line uberwagon - an Audi RS6.

Said the 39-year-old, who runs an events management firm: "I sent him a photo of the R8 and told him that I was buying it. By the time he was home, I had already bought the car."

As expected, Mr Chen raised concerns that her purchase was too extravagant.

"He said that it was a selfish car as it was a two-seater and the maintenance was high. But I had already bought it," chirped Madam Ho.

Last year, luxury and sports car sales in Singapore hit new highs as the economy rebounded and new models were launched.

Rolls-Royce sold 37 cars at over $1 million each, which was more than triple its sales in 2009. Ferrari's sales more than doubled to 69 units.

Audi, BMW, Porsche, Land Rover and Aston Martin also posted record sales last year.

Madam Ho's need for speed saw her previously owning cars like the Audi RS4 Cabriolet, Mazda MX-5 and BMW Z4.

Before her R8 purchase, Madam Ho paid close to $400,000 for an eight-month-old Audi RS6 in 2008.

Design

It was the R8's stylish design that made her splurge on a second car.

She said: "I love the subtlety of the RS6. Don't be tricked by its look. It may be a station wagon, but it drives like a high performance sports car and it is faster than the R8. I love speed!"

She has since spent more than $20,000 changing the exhaust systems and tuning both wheels to increase their horsepower and torque.

At least once a month, Madam Ho drives either car to Malaysia's Sepang International Circuit for a track session. After each session, she would spend close to $2,000 on servicing the car.

Her monthly petrol bill comes up to $3,000 and the annual insurance fees easily cost close to $20,000 for both cars.

Madam Ho said that her 47-year-old banker husband splits the cost with her.

Said Mr Chen: "She has expensive taste (for cars) and to me, she likes to buy on impulse. I prefer to consider first and I also like to keep cars for a longer time."

Madam Ho agreed sheepishly that she does not keep a car for more than three years. She usually sells them after a year.

Her passion for wheels and the need for speed was influenced by her friend, Mr Jeffrey Keng, who took her tracking in Malaysia.

Even with two cars parked in their three-storey corner terrace house in the west, Madam Ho is now shopping for a third - an off-road vehicle specially for tracking.

And her dream car?

A Lamborghini Murcielago LP640, which she hopes to get in two years.

Does her husband know about her dream car, which costs more than $1 million?

Madam Ho quipped: "No, but he will read about it in The New Paper."

Source: http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring...23-280193.html

Sponsors:
"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth". - 1 John 3:18
Add to *StarDust*'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 10:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
workingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to allworkingtoohard is a name known to all

Liked 174 Times in 130 Posts
Re: These women splurge on cars, not bags

Originally Posted by *StarDust* View Post
A Lamborghini Murcielago LP640, which she hopes to get in two years.

Does her husband know about her dream car, which costs more than $1 million?

Madam Ho quipped: "No, but he will read about it in The New Paper."
hope Mr Chen learns from this AsiaOne article and do something about it before he sees something in The New Paper.

Old 24th May 2011, 10:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
christmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant future

Liked 523 Times in 453 Posts
Re: These women splurge on cars, not bags

People getting richer

christmas_ is offline   Add to christmas_'s Reputation Reply With Quote