World class transport, SMRT bus service 966. Plate number : TIB 520 Z :mad: - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Personal Interests > Automobile Forum » World class transport, SMRT bus service 966. Plate number : TIB 520 Z :mad:

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th January 2011, 05:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
lousydk is a jewel in the roughlousydk is a jewel in the rough

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
World class transport, SMRT bus service 966. Plate number : TIB 520 Z :mad:

so much for being a world class transport.

SMRT bus service 966 travels from woodlands interchange to marine parade(loop service).
so last night i was heading to east coast park for bbq with my friends and we missed the last bus, so we had to wait for the first bus to arrive in order to go back home.

at around 6.20am all of us reached the bus stop at parkway parade and saw bus service 966 stopping at the bus stop with no driver on-board, so after a short while the bus driver came back(most probably he took a toilet break but that's not the complaint). We are already very tired and very eager to go home, so all of us were happy that the bus driver was back. However, the bus driver said that we cannot board the bus here and told us to go over to the bus stop opposite to board the bus and off he went.

As bus service 966 is a loop service, the bus stop we are at is the last stop of the service and it will make a U-turn at the road junction ahead. So we decided to make a rush for it and we run all the way to the overhead bridge and quickly made our way across to the bus stop on the other side.

And yes, the bus was at the stop opposite, just nice we thought
so this is where it happens, we are quite a large group of 10 people and half of us was ALREADY standing infront of the bus door, so we turned back and asked the girls to hurry up and for your info the girls are only less than 10m away from the bus (just run 2 to 3 steps then reach already right?). But the bus driver saw that, gave a boh chup face, close the bus door. Some of us waved and even knocked at the door, the bus driver just gave a pissed off look and drove off.
Already tired as we are, we had to wait for the next bus which takes a long time(World class transport).
so the girls got really pissed and called up SMRT, and oh someone was there to answer the phone early in the morning (as always, world class transport), the phone operator just told them to get a feedback form and fill it up.

so what's wrong with ferrying a group of 10 people? we're not going to cheat the fares or hijack the bus anyway, neither was the bus full, infact it's so freaking empty except for 1 person that boarded the bus at that bus stop.

ups for world class transport, SMRT, TIB 520 Z, Bus service number 966
Great service and satisfaction, thank you very much

PS, anyone whom knows what email address can be used to lodge a complaint can post it here. thanks very much.

Sponsors:

Butterfly jiejie Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
捏泥巴, 捏泥巴, 捏捏捏捏捏泥巴~
Add to lousydk's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2011, 05:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
christmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant future

Liked 523 Times in 453 Posts
Re: World class transport, SMRT bus service 966. Plate number : TIB 520 Z :mad:

I do not know how come the driver ignored you guys. Weird.

Is it the same bus, as in the driver that ask you all to go to the other bus stop and the bus that arrived at the other bus stop ?

Last edited by christmas_; 8th January 2011 at 05:20 PM.
christmas_ is offline   Add to christmas_'s Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2011, 05:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Account Suspended
rinnono is an unknown quantity at this point

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

http://www.smrt.com.sg/contact_us/contact_us.asp

Write as detailed as possible.Don't write broken English when you are complaining because they are unlikely to believe you.I complained a indian guy in 7-11 for trying to cheat my $1.

Last edited by rinnono; 8th January 2011 at 05:27 PM.
rinnono is offline   Add to rinnono's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2011, 05:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Originally Posted by christmas_ View Post
I do not know how come the driver ignored you guys. Weird.

Is it the same bus, as in the driver that ask you all to go to the other bus stop and the bus that arrived at the other bus stop ?
we are all very sure it's the exact same guy
the bus route is to go to the road junction infront, make a U-turn and come back
no mistake it's the same bus
Originally Posted by rinnono View Post
http://www.smrt.com.sg/contact_us/contact_us.asp

Write as detailed as possible.Don't write broken English when you are complaining because they are unlikely to believe you.I complained a indian guy in 7-11 for trying to cheat my $1.
thanks for the link

捏泥巴, 捏泥巴, 捏捏捏捏捏泥巴~
lousydk is offline   Add to lousydk's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2011, 05:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
christmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant futurechristmas_ has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lousydk View Post
we are all very sure it's the exact same guy
the bus route is to go to the road junction infront, make a U-turn and come back
no mistake it's the same bus
Then, that sounds silly. Why can't board the bus then, but must go to the opposite ?

Oh oh oh, then if this is the case, for example at Changi Airport, the bus enters and loops from Terminal 3 to Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 before going out of the airport. At Terminal 2 it will stop for a while for the driver to go toilet and etc. So according to this bus 966 driver pattern, that means we cannot board the bus at Terminal 1 or 3 but only at Terminal 2 or even can only board at the bus stop after Terminal 2 (after making 1 full loop within the Airport) ?

Last edited by christmas_; 8th January 2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 8th January 2011, 05:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Addicted SGClubber
Eugenechia1989 has a spectacular aura about

Liked 42 Times in 40 Posts

Our bus transport (especially SMRT buses) has a lot to improve upon... that's all I can say.

Eugenechia1989 is offline   Add to Eugenechia1989's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2011, 06:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Then, that sounds silly. Why can't board the bus then, but must go to the opposite ?

Oh oh oh, then if this is the case, for example at Changi Airport, the bus enters and loops from Terminal 3 to Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 before going out of the airport. At Terminal 2 it will stop for a while for the driver to go toilet and etc. So according to this bus 966 driver pattern, that means we cannot board the bus at Terminal 1 or 3 but only at Terminal 2 or even can only board at the bus stop after Terminal 2 (after making 1 full loop within the Airport) ?
hmm what my friends say is that, the bus stop we arrived at was the last stop before the service loops back
so the service only starts at the opposite bus stop, so the bus driver insist that we board at the opposite bus stop
im fine with that

but fk, he told us to go opposite then we rush there and he just ignore us and drove off?
the service really sux, he obviously knows that we want to board his bus
i wonder what's wrong with our group, we just want to head home after a tiring night
seriously fking pissed especially when you are dam tired and feel like sleeping

捏泥巴, 捏泥巴, 捏捏捏捏捏泥巴~

Last edited by lousydk; 8th January 2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old 8th January 2011, 06:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

hmm what my friends say is that, the bus stop we arrived at was the last stop before the service loops back
so the service only starts at the opposite bus stop, so the bus driver insist that we board at the opposite bus stop
im fine with that
If according to this theory, then the bus stop at T3, T1 and T2 are the "last stops" for buses looping at Changi Airport, and so people cannot board buses at T3 T1 T2, but only at the bus stop after T2.

Doesn't sound accurate isn't it ?

but fk, he told us to go opposite then we rush there and he just ignore us and drove off?
the service really sux, he obviously knows that we want to board his bus
i wonder what's wrong with our group, we just want to head home after a tiring night
seriously fking pissed especially when you are dam tired and feel like sleeping
I have to agree that the attitude of the bus driver isn't good.
He should have opened the door since he see you guys outside the bus

Old 8th January 2011, 06:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
eXAKR is on a distinguished road

Hmmm... I thought they have changed it a long while ago so that if you are traveling from Marine Parade to Woodlands on route 966, it doesn't matter which side of the road from which you board the bus? Initially, the route terminated at the stop before the roundabout and everyone had to get off there, but now it just loops there and commuters can remain on board when it makes the u-turn.

Either way, this bus driver had no right to ignore you or bar you from the bus for no good reason. Do complain.

SMRT's services sucks harder than an industrial-strength vacuum cleaner. Compared to SBS Transit, their buses often feel less well-maintained, and their drivers don't seem to really know what they are doing, and drive like nuts. I once got on a route 858 bus where the driver was doing 90km/h on the expressway (I peeked at the speedometer) and tailgated other vehicles. TIB 633G, if I remember correctly.

eXAKR is offline   Add to eXAKR's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2011, 07:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
Seet is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

SMRT doesn't give a shit about buses anymore, especially those old buses (Dennis ones), where they don't even clean the floor. One time I boarded a 853 bus, and saw a patch of dried liquid (which I assume was vomit) on the floor. They spend all their money on trains and taxis now, and only those buses that a lot of commuters use (like services in Woodlands).

Seet is offline   Add to Seet's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2011, 07:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
sky99 is a glorious beacon of lightsky99 is a glorious beacon of lightsky99 is a glorious beacon of light

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Ahtiong driver?

We got no choice but to take the world class transport..

Cars is expensive in singapore

[Official]SGC Left 4 Dead 2 Thread -> http://forums.sgclub.com/singapore/o..._a_303841.html
sky99 is offline   Add to sky99's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2011, 09:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Songwriter
theliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to beholdtheliverevoluti is a splendid one to behold

Liked 179 Times in 124 Posts

[QUOTE=lousydk;4095683
seriously fking pissed especially when you are dam tired and feel like sleeping[/QUOTE]

The bus driver's probably cranky that he had to wake up early just to drive the first bus of the day. Just write in to SMRT, and let the guy get the axe

Old 8th January 2011, 09:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

If according to this theory, then the bus stop at T3, T1 and T2 are the "last stops" for buses looping at Changi Airport, and so people cannot board buses at T3 T1 T2, but only at the bus stop after T2.

Doesn't sound accurate isn't it ?

I have to agree that the attitude of the bus driver isn't good.
He should have opened the door since he see you guys outside the bus
i have no idea aswell, but then does it matters if he let us board the bus before the U-turn?
afterall it was only just a U-turn and back to the bus stop opposite the road
i find that strange aswell, but perhaps that's the rule from the employer? no idea
just put that aside, his attitude is kind of bad to ignore passengers that wanted to board the bus
Originally Posted by eXAKR View Post
Hmmm... I thought they have changed it a long while ago so that if you are traveling from Marine Parade to Woodlands on route 966, it doesn't matter which side of the road from which you board the bus? Initially, the route terminated at the stop before the roundabout and everyone had to get off there, but now it just loops there and commuters can remain on board when it makes the u-turn.

Either way, this bus driver had no right to ignore you or bar you from the bus for no good reason. Do complain.

SMRT's services sucks harder than an industrial-strength vacuum cleaner. Compared to SBS Transit, their buses often feel less well-maintained, and their drivers don't seem to really know what they are doing, and drive like nuts. I once got on a route 858 bus where the driver was doing 90km/h on the expressway (I peeked at the speedometer) and tailgated other vehicles. TIB 633G, if I remember correctly.
i wonder what did the driver do to the bus and make it run til 90km/h
im pretty sure he did something with the fuses that controls the speed limit of the bus
Originally Posted by Seet View Post
SMRT doesn't give a shit about buses anymore, especially those old buses (Dennis ones), where they don't even clean the floor. One time I boarded a 853 bus, and saw a patch of dried liquid (which I assume was vomit) on the floor. They spend all their money on trains and taxis now, and only those buses that a lot of commuters use (like services in Woodlands).
hehs it was those normal kind of mercedes benz buses
Originally Posted by sky99 View Post
Ahtiong driver?

We got no choice but to take the world class transport..

Cars is expensive in singapore
don't think so
no idea what is the nationality of the driver but might be a singaporean
Originally Posted by theliverevoluti View Post
The bus driver's probably cranky that he had to wake up early just to drive the first bus of the day. Just write in to SMRT, and let the guy get the axe
what irks me is that the driver seems to be prejudice against us
since he "allowed"(it's his job, not his choice right?) another passenger in his bus before he drove off without us
tsk tsk tsk

捏泥巴, 捏泥巴, 捏捏捏捏捏泥巴~

Last edited by lousydk; 8th January 2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old 9th January 2011, 01:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
2x2e2n is a jewel in the rough2x2e2n is a jewel in the rough

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

maybe u guys too noisy or he scared some of u bring parangs?
ehhee

send in complaint letter to smrt.
driver's attitude is bad.

2x2e2n is offline   Add to 2x2e2n's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 02:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
This too, shall pass.
lordreisor has a spectacular aura about

Liked 49 Times in 42 Posts

Bus service in Singapore sure has areas to improve on, even though it definitely doesnt apply to all.
Sometimes, the drivers drive really fast past a bus stop even though u flag it to stop, super irritating.

Join me in this GAME for a reward!
lordreisor is offline   Add to lordreisor's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 02:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

Originally Posted by 2x2e2n View Post
maybe u guys too noisy or he scared some of u bring parangs?
ehhee

send in complaint letter to smrt.
driver's attitude is bad.
all of us like so shag already
the moment the next bus came all fell asleep on board
Originally Posted by lordreisor View Post
Bus service in Singapore sure has areas to improve on, even though it definitely doesnt apply to all.
Sometimes, the drivers drive really fast past a bus stop even though u flag it to stop, super irritating.
hehs, especially when you are in a rush and that the particular bus service doesn't arrive very fast

捏泥巴, 捏泥巴, 捏捏捏捏捏泥巴~
Old 9th January 2011, 09:20 AM   #17 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber

i have no idea aswell, but then does it matters if he let us board the bus before the U-turn?
afterall it was only just a U-turn and back to the bus stop opposite the road
i find that strange aswell, but perhaps that's the rule from the employer? no idea
just put that aside, his attitude is kind of bad to ignore passengers that wanted to board the bus
It doesn't matter, because the fare stage doesn't start from 0.00 again. It continues to run even after looping at the U-turn

Well, as I mentioned, there isn't such rules, if not T2 T3 T1 all cannot board the bus. Furthermore, there are also many bus services with small loopings (U-turn)...Example of another bus service is SBS 284

Yes, the attitude is very bad. Complain about the attitude of the driver would be better.

Last edited by christmas_; 9th January 2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 9th January 2011, 12:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cool SGClubber
eXAKR is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Seet View Post
It's not just those Dennis buses (which I often try to avoid now); their Scania buses were rather ill-maintained until recently, when they started sending them for refurbishment and rebuilding. I once took this particular ELBO-bodied Scania bus on route 187 - one of those that had air-conditioning installed later on - and not only was the interior very dirty, dusty and mouldy, the engine didn't seem to have any power at all and the bus traveled very slowly. I gave up taking that bus, took advantage of distance fares, and transferred to another bus at Bukit Panjang - incidentally, another Scania bus that had just been refurbished.

i wonder what did the driver do to the bus and make it run til 90km/h
im pretty sure he did something with the fuses that controls the speed limit of the bus
They either really do short out the speed limiter (I have heard of this happening with SBS Transit buses before, but I think they cracked down on it), or the speed limiter doesn't even work at all. Again, a result of poor maintenance.

Last edited by eXAKR; 9th January 2011 at 12:18 PM.
eXAKR is offline   Add to eXAKR's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 12:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
limster is on a distinguished road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wow i feel sorry for you guys.
that uncle is such a jerk, forcing you guys to go to the other side in order to take his bus, then just drove off before you guys reached.

Last edited by limster; 9th January 2011 at 12:36 PM.
limster is offline   Add to limster's Reputation Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 12:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
Experienced SGClubber
iNFINITY HiGH will become famous soon enough

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Well, Singapore is short of world-class standards in various ways. I wouldn't say transport, ethics or having consideration for others is one of them

o(≧∇≦o) +Rep if this post helped you out/it is simply awesome \(●~▽~●)У
iNFINITY HiGH is offline   Add to iNFINITY HiGH's Reputation Reply With Quote