Yvonne Lim - Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Sitemap Contact Us FAQ Singapore Forums by SGClub.com
Home Photos Member List Register Mark Forums Read  
Go Back Home > Leisure & Entertainment > Movies Singapore > Singapore Actresses/Actors » Yvonne Lim

Why aren't you a member of SGClub.com yet??

» Join 130,000+ other members in chatting.
» Make lots of new friends here.
» Keep up-to-date with current events.
» Participate in Club outings.
» Download lots of Free Stuff!

Registration just takes 2mins and is absolutely free so join our community today!

I Want to Choose my Own Personal Nickname Now!

Comment

LinkBack Celebrity Tools Display Modes
Yvonne Lim
Yvonne Lim
Published by Local_Fan
23rd April 2014

Yvonne Lim (Chinese: 林湘萍; pinyin: Lín Xiāngpíng, born 28 September) is a Singaporean actress who has starred in many Chinese-language television dramas on MediaCorp Channel 8 since 1997.

She also recorded and released a solo Mandarin album in the year 2000. In 2002, she also teamed up with Hong Kong television station ATV in a 30-part courtroom drama Innocently Guilty, also starring Anita Yuen, Kent Cheng and Felix Wong.

Her subsequent progress was fairly slow, mainly appearing in minor supporting roles (A Child's Hope, The Vagrant). Some attribute this trend to her petite build, which dwarf her in comparison to other actresses. However, her career started to pick up again in 1999 with her role of an unfortunate girl lost in the crowds of Singapore in the early 20th century in Stepping Out.

In 2005, she landed major roles in popular dramas such as A New Life, where she plays a poor but contented woman, and Portrait of Home, in which she plays one of the antagonists. At the Star Awards 2005, she had the rare honour of being nominated for both acting categories and won the Best Supporting Actress for A New Life.Her role in Portrait of Home as a vengeful woman was named one of the top 10 most memorable villains at the Star Awards 2007 25th anniversary special.

In 2006, her stock rose even further when she landed the lead role in An Enchanted Life, a story of a Taiwanese betel nut seller who journeys to Singapore in search of her long-lost father. She also starred in the hit drama Metamorphosis in 2007, which granted her the coveted Star Awards 2007 Best Actress Award.This award was an important milestone for her as it led to her rising popularity. Metamorphosis also won Best TV Serial in the Star Awards 2007.

Lim appeared on numerous variety and game shows, including 'Let's Party With Food!' and 'The Giant Show' in 2008, after her win for Best Actress in the Star Awards 2007.

Lim has been nominated for 'Top 10 Most Popular Female Artistes' in the Star Awards for every single year since she joined Mediacorp in 1998. After her first win in 1998, she did not win the Top 10 award until 2009.

In 2012, Lim signed a contract with Lafeng Entertainment 拉风娱乐, a China Management Company.
Movie Rating
HotnessN/A
0 users rated N/A% average

Latest 5 celebrities

Celebrity Tools
Sponsors

By Local_Fan on 23rd April 2014, 05:05 PM
Default Re: Yvonne Lim

By korean_fan on 11th July 2014, 12:55 AM

First look at local actress Yvonne Lim in a gorgeous wedding dress

It was fitting that Singapore actress Yvonne Lim would be the cover girl (or rather cover bride) of the June-August 2014 issue of Her World Brides magazine.

After all, the story of how fiancée Alex Tien proposed to the actress at the cover shoot for Nuyou magazine is now famous.

The date has been set and venue decided - the bride-to-be and her Taiwanese businessman fiancée will tie the knot soon in September 2014.

But before the run up to the big event, Lim had a little teaser of how it felt to be a blushing bride when she stepped into beautiful wedding gowns to grace the cover of Her World Brides.

Watch the behind-the-scenes video of June-August 2014 Her World Brides cover shoot for candid moments of the actress below.

http://www.lollipop.sg/content/first...-wedding-dress
By maverick on 17th July 2014, 11:18 AM

By korean_fan on 12th September 2014, 03:03 PM

Yvonne Lim gets married to ex-Taiwanese boy band B.A.D member -- and sports baby bump at banquet

She sported a baby bump at her wedding banquet at the Ritz Carlton yesterday evening. And viewers are going to see less of MediaCorp actress Yvonne Lim on television, once her baby comes around.

Lim, 37, celebrated her marriage to her husband, former Taiwanese boy band B.A.D member Alex Tien, 34, at the wedding banquet on Sunday (Sep 7), reports The New Paper.

Speaking to local media at a press conference held before the banquet, she said: "I'll give birth to the baby in Singapore. When the baby can start travelling, we will take the baby to Taiwan to meet Alex's family as well. We will probably shuttle between the two countries in the future."

She added: "My husband does not allow me to work as I am pregnant, so I am decreasing my workload for the time being. I hope to be able to go back to work in the second half of next year, as I am a workaholic."

http://www.lollipop.sg/content/yvonn...y-bump-banquet
By Eelyn on 4th December 2014, 10:41 AM

Can tell that shes a workaholic. She gives this aura of seriousness that you can feel through the drama. Note that she has acted in more severe scenes than scenes whereby shes smiling and laughing...
Comment

Tags
yvonne lim

Celebrity Tools